Sign in to follow this  
Cripsis

ARMA3 - A Slice of Fried Gold.

So this whole topic is about one obscure post of an unknown player on a clan forum :confused:

So this whole topic is about one obscure post of an unknown player on a clan forum :confused:

Well...yes. RiE and Gaia did go to the UK not long ago, so who knows, maybe that guy was telling the truth.

A3 was being presented in few designers\programmers presentations that BIS took part, wasn´t?

The guy just happened to be in one of those...

A3 was being presented in few designers\programmers presentations that BIS took part, wasn´t?

The guy just happened to be in one of those...

Pretty much. I also believe that the same will be the case tomorrow - not a public info/pic/video dump, as many seem to believe, otherwise I'm sure there would have been some kind of official announcement, not a Twitter post in czech. Too much wishful thinking.

Rumours and hearsay the new chapters of serious infotainment @ BI forum. :rolleyes:

It is kind of understandable though, considering how old the latest news/pics/videos are. :)

Rumours and hearsay the new chapters of serious infotainment @ BI forum. :rolleyes:

Haven't heard the term "infotainment" since the early '90s. Next we'll be hearing about FMV and Interactive Fiction.

So FTL's would be able to comunicate with their SL separately via a dedicated "squad" channel avoiding the command channel?

If it turns out to be true, this would be great.

Doing so is already possible however, most Mission designers are just too lazy to do so. All you need is high command to be set up properly and then all the Sls can communicate via the Command channel

Pretty much. I also believe that the same will be the case tomorrow - not a public info/pic/video dump, as many seem to believe, otherwise I'm sure there would have been some kind of official announcement, not a Twitter post in czech. Too much wishful thinking.

New tweet by RiE on the matter:

@leplaisirquitue

Hi, Can you give us insight into the next little reveal of Arma 3? Thank you. Can you confirm: forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php…

@James2464

Tomorrow's presentation is a short (Cz) Q&A session + talk about A3 in Prague - No media storm is forecast!

Well, its time to send ALL our spies to Prague!

misc-all-the-things.jpg

(I like to use this meme whenever is possible)

Doing so is already possible however, most Mission designers are just too lazy to do so. All you need is high command to be set up properly and then all the Sls can communicate via the Command channel

Yes, but the mission designer must place the FTL's in the same group as the SL and the only way FTL's can communicate with SL is via group chat and that way everyone in the group can hear them. What I understood from that post is that Squads( we can think of them as groups) will now have their own command channel, so now all the chatter is private between SL and FTL's.

Good stuff about the voice chat channels. Seems as though they are adding a lot of things from mods, which means less compatibility issues when it comes to having to get mods. I am getting pretty excited for Arma III now, Summer is only 6 or so months away!

There must be somebody in these forums that is near/in Prague, cmon guys! We're starving here!:p

New tweet by RiE on the matter:

Nice!!!

Anyone know where to find an article or news about the presentation?

Well, its time to send ALL our spies to Prague!

It can be like XxX: The Movie. I'll play Vin Diesel. :yay:

It can be like XxX: The Movie. I'll play Vin Diesel. :yay:

That movie was totally kickass awesome. Especially the intro with Rammstein :yay:

Ahem, ontopic, the guy probably isn't full of it. Only time will tell.

Well you dont know that. ;)

But yeah, you are probably right, and since BI already told us they would change the animation system this isnt really news unless we actually get to see it, since 'less clunky' was obviously the direction they were going for.

Actually I do know, but that's as much as I'm going to say about it. Other than the fact that it is pretty nice of course. ;)

:cool:

Why didn't we already invent portals? :D

You sorta-Kinda ninja'd me... I've had his twitter up for a while now. :)

And it better look good on that big screen!!

:yay::yay:

EDIT: I'm making some popcorn..

Karel Mořický

@KarelMoricky Karel Mořický

Exclusive #Arma3 video now playing on #pressstart event. Looks cool on big screen.

KarelMoricky Karel Mořický

Only photo I have from pressstart - @Martusak describing #VBS2 and how is it related to #Arma3 pic.twitter.com/XFpof49M

Purely speculative of course, but I assume having
at hand (in ArmA 3) would perhaps cause BI to produce a counter-part; such as a radio IED jammer.

Purely speculative of course, but I assume having
at hand (in ArmA 3) would perhaps cause BI to produce a counter-part; such as a radio IED jammer.

My first interpretation was

, but then i noticed the writing in the corner. :(

:p