Sign in to follow this  
Blitzen

Hardware Concerns about running Arma

Happy new years everyone!

I must admit that I've had a lot of fun installing and playing around with Armed Assault on my laptop. However, after playing around on it for about a week, I uninstalled it from my computer because I was concerned that it might be putting too much strain on my computer.

The main issue is the seemingly high operating level of the laptop's fan. It seems to run at a much higher level and kicks out hotter air when compared to any other game that I play. I know that this is what it is supposed to do but I was wondering if this would have any immediate or long term effects on my laptop?

Some additional things to note...

1) My laptop is a dell inspiron...if you tell me how to pull its specs, I will do that and post them here.

2) I am not running the game at max settings and have tried to turn off things like shadows, etc. in order to boost performance. Are there any settings in particular that interfere with gameplay?

3) Lastly, if its worth anything, the Can You Run It site shows that my computer passes all of the requirements.

Thank you for your help! I sure hope my laptop can run the game without any problems.

1) My laptop is a dell inspiron...if you tell me how to pull its specs, I will do that and post them here.

Wouldn't be bad.

I played ArmA 1 nearly on a daily basis 5 years ago on laptop as well and it too went extremely hot, to the point I had to

put it on a desk.

Its still working.

You can always check your current fanspeed if you download the program "speedfan". It lets you monitor and adjust the heat of your fan and there you go.