Sign in to follow this  
ProfTournesol

7554 : Vietnamese game about Indochina War against France

A COD style game made by an Indie Vietnamese studio (dev cost : 630.000 euros only...), on the Indochina independence war against France (7554 means 1954 May the 7th, day of the Diên Biên Phu French defeat) :

_2ZeUkWOTIc

Edited by ProfTournesol

lol the guy in the video is mostly getting shot and half dying.

Indeed. Not the best trailer ever, but i found the subject uncommon.

Looks slick! Great to see the conflicts of this region from another perspective for a change.

I'm just struggling to get past the "this-is-where-the-bullets-that-keep-hitting-your-face-are-coming-from-indicator". If it isn't possible to complete without absorbing a pencil factory's worth of lead, it's a badly designed level or mission.

lol the guy in the video is mostly getting shot and half dying.

^ realism =)

Interesting scenario but it looks so very much like COD (gameplay wise) but maybe its still good.

I remember PC Gamer mentioned this in a Podcast a while back and I took a look at a couple videos, certainly interesting to see different conflicts being depicted.

Looks good. Certainly better than the last 3 CoDs combined, especially when considering the budget.

It reminds much of the "Vietcong"-game, a must buy if this is anywhere as good. At least its an indie game, from an interesting country and the best part - its PC only. :)

The premise is interesting and it's good that new conflicts are brought into the genre, but I really hate how the guy is constantly getting shot in the trailer. I'm sure it's a notch more truthful than carefully directed trailers from bigger publishers but it doesn't make me want to try the game at all. The instant hitscan firearm mechanics and every enemy concentrating on the player is such an archaic concept and should die away sooner rather than later.

Looks nice, atleast there are some new weapons in the COD-like games to try out, and a new history without americans.

It almost looks like Cod WaW clone with pre-Vietnam conflict

Not bad ,but shame it isn't more realistic - like Vietcong was

Edited by RobertHammer

Couldn't care less about a unique setting if that is how the game plays out...

Lets hope it's good.

If only OFP2 [Vietnam-themed] would've been released all those years ago... Imagine the possibilities! :cool:

Yes. I really wish they'd make the real OFP2.