Sign in to follow this  
wickedstigma

Operation Herrick 9

Hi everyone, this is a trailer/teaser for a possible [mission/campaign] based on the real Operation Herrick 9. Hope you guys like it!

_Wofro2_0SM

Edited by wickedstigma

Great idea!

The video looked good too.

So I can't wait to play it.

A couple of ideas:

1) Please don't make it dependent on addons. While I love the quality that the UKF packs and others have brought, it'd really decrease its popularity if you made them required addons

b) Although I'm sure it'd be more difficult, could you design the missions to be COOP?

c) Without sounding like a grammar nazi, at the end of your trailer it displays "COMMING SOON".

How about correcting it to "COMING SOON"?

d) Lightninguk released a couple of missions based on this operation a year or so ago.

Maybe his missions could provide you with inspiration?

I'm sure if you dropped him a PM he'd be happy to help...

1) Please don't make it dependent on addons. While I love the quality that the UKF packs and others have brought, it'd really decrease its popularity if you made them required addons

Looks like this will use all BAF things from the video. Not UKF.

@domokun First of all thanks for correcting the typo lol!, I didnt notice until you told me, but since its already up and my upload speed is not the best I'll leave it like that, but thanks anyway! It actually uses BAF like @colonel stagler said. I will take a look to @Lightninguk missions, thanks for the feedback and the info! I have never tried to make a coop mission, Im even having a bit of a hard time making the single player mission since I know how to set the waypoints, timing of things, triggers, etc, but I dont know how to make the official objectives and that stuff. I've been programming for a long time, but never got to make a complete mission for other one than me so I have never worked with the intros and outros either. I'll see what can I do.

Glad I could a help, even a bit ;)

Seriously don't worry about intros and outros (although they're spectacular they require MASSIVE work and most people skip them after watching them only once).

Start with something simple.

If you get stuck, don't hesitate to ask other mission makers.

Of all the contributors to this community I think that they prolly get the least thanks.

If you want to do something clever, I'd combine a few simple things rather than something complicated.

Oh and try to keep it realistic. No you're team's down you must fight your way past 200 Takis with a rusty sa-80 and 2 mags.

So I reckon that there's a certain solidarity amongst them, kinda like spooks.

Well you have my backing, I would love to see this mission campaign realised! If you can properly capture the chaos of moments like the one depicted in that trailer it would be awesome!

Perhaps you could consider an Apache mission if you make it a campaign, I'm currently reading a book by a guy called Ed Macy called Hellfire (Another version is called Apache I think) which recounts his time in the UKs first Apache Squadron while in Afghanistan.