Sign in to follow this  
joedreamliner787

Game runs incredibly slow on two computers.

Hi everyone,

I purchased this game thinking maybe the demo was slow and that the patches on the full version may increase performance. I can't understand why this game is so sluggish even from the menu screen. I can run FSX, ACS A-10 at almost full setting and get about 27FPS and I noticed the sound is jittery and cuts in and out at the menu as well. I have updated both sound and video drivers and defragmented after installation. I have tried this on two different pcs and I'm having the same issue on both. Any help is greatly appreciated! P.S I have tweaked tje graphic card control properties to no avail. System specs are as follows. Thanks everyone!!

GATEWAY Laptop FX

Window 7 Ultimate 64bit os

GeForce 9800 GTS Cuda 1GB

4GB Ram

2.27GHZ Duo Core Processor (Intel)

GATEWAY Desktop DX4200

Window 7 Ultimate 64bit os

AMD Phenom 9550 Quad Core 2.20 GHZ

6.00 Ram

ATI Radeon HD 3400

your hardware is just a little dated to run TOH. I have a core 2 quad Q8200 at 2.84Ghz with 6GB ram an ATI HD 6770 and i use ultimate defrag with TOH files on my outer disk rings and I can run low to mid settings with draw set to around 5500m to get playable FPS of 25-30.

turn all your settings to the minimum and see how the game runs. If it's playable, start moving sliders up one at a time, one position at a time. update your drivers. If your cards are capable run FXAA instead of Anti Aliasing.

even some of the guys on the forums here with brand new top end rigs can't run maxed settings with smooth frames 100% of the time.

your hardware is just a little dated to run TOH. I have a core 2 quad Q8200 at 2.84Ghz with 6GB ram an ATI HD 6770 and i use ultimate defrag with TOH files on my outer disk rings and I can run low to mid settings with draw set to around 5500m to get playable FPS of 25-30.

turn all your settings to the minimum and see how the game runs. If it's playable, start moving sliders up one at a time, one position at a time. update your drivers. If your cards are capable run FXAA instead of Anti Aliasing.

even some of the guys on the forums here with brand new top end rigs can't run maxed settings with smooth frames 100% of the time.

Hi Zentaos,

Thank you for posting you specs as well. I do use ultimate defrag and that's exactly what I did which is exactly how I got FSX to run to so smooth. I did drop all the sliders down to a min and I still get about 11FPS. I wonder what type of desktop pc can run this sim at almost 100% max. Thanks again for your advice.

Your notebook is on the low end, but the desktop specs should handle the game much better than 11 FPS even at fairly high settings. I'm running way lower spec at higher framerates. Unfortunately it's not too easy figuring out what exactly would be causing this. You have covered the basics in your first post. Did you have a look at the video settings guide?

Your notebook is on the low end, but the desktop specs should handle the game much better than 11 FPS even at fairly high settings. I'm running way lower spec at higher framerates. Unfortunately it's not too easy figuring out what exactly would be causing this. You have covered the basics in your first post. Did you have a look at the video settings guide?

Alright I finally took the leap! I went out and bought a Nvidia Gforce 560TI card, a 600W power supply and a solid state hard drive and I can fly this game at almost 100% max settings! It's incredible and the GPU is insane. I can keep all settings maxed with just a slight stutter but if I dial down the clouds to normal all is performing at almost 45FPS! Thanks for the help! Took about 500.00 and about an hour for installation but man is it worth it! Thanks Bohemia for an awesome sim!