Sign in to follow this  
hon0

Camera / .demo

Hello Bis !

Would it be possible to record some .demo as on UT.. L4D and some other game? The aim would be to replay that in a kind of editor and place your camera everywhere we want at any moment.

That could be awesome for challenge, pylone race and much more !

Cheers, Antoine.

Thanks a lot Rok it's great !:bounce3:

This is awesome! I've always wondered if flight path recording & playback would be included into TKOH at some point. And indeed, there it is - a gem buried inside the good old ArmA2 scripting engine ;)

Finally, I can be my own worst critic and evaluate my maneuvers from a spectator's point of view :thumbsup:

This will be very useful for TKoH

In fact this has given me a silly idea :rolleyes:

I have a problem.. I record my path. A silly one :yay: without crash or any damage.. And the AI always hit a tree or something else (maybe 5cm).. For sure cause of the 20fps recording..

I tried to put that in the heli init box. For starting recording and be able to breath at the same time..

this allowdamage false

But it don't work. The chopper never crash but it lost his blades and keep flying.. Not cool for the video..

Thanks for help

Antoine

Edit ; see yourself

Radio delta to replay the car and quicly after radio bravo to replay the chopper.

14.20 - Fly path updated

Edited by hon0

I have a problem.. I record my path. A silly one :yay: without crash or any damage.. And the AI always hit a tree or something else (maybe 5cm).. For sure cause of the 20fps recording..

I tried to put that in the heli init box. For starting recording and be able to breath at the same time..

this allowdamage false

But it don't work. The chopper never crash but it lost his blades and keep flying.. Not cool for the video..

Thanks for help

Antoine

Edit ; see yourself

Radio delta to replay the car and quicly after radio bravo to replay the chopper.

14.20 - Fly path updated

Not tested, for this but I have used the HandleDamage eventhandler before to create my own pvp style revive system in arma. If you don't return the damage from the handler, the object will take no damage, this may include the blades? Haven't done any testing with it in TOH though. In arma it makes all obbjects invunerable unless you setdamage 0 when not returning the value.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Event_Handlers#HandleDamage

Manipulating damage

The last value given in the EH's code is the damage that it gives for the current selection. For example, this addEventHandler ["HandleDamage",{_this select 2}] will have a unit receive damage as if it didn't have the event handler at all. Changing _this select 2 to 1 will make the unit die however minor the original damage was, while this addEventHandler ["HandleDamage",{}] makes the unit invulnerable to all damage. You can allow damage to specific selections by passing a damage value if the selection is of a certain type: this addEventHandler ["HandleDamage",{if (_this select 1 in ["head_hit","legs"]) then {_this select 2}}] will pass only the damage that the head and legs were dealt. If the code is too complex to be written into the EH itself, only callable scripts should be used for the purpose of determining damage because the damage has to be given in the EH's code.

Thanks blakeace I'll give it a try tomorrow.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=113418&highlight=event+handler

I tried to add this line ;

this addEventHandler ["HandleDamage",{}]

in my heli's init box but I can still destroy it.

When playing back a patch the cyclic hand of the pilot works fine but not the anti torque. I did not checked for collective. Any idea?