Sign in to follow this  
flightboy

Controller frustrations

I've got a MS Force Feedback 2 and Xbox 360 PC controller. I'd rather use the Xbox 360 controller for quick casual play and not have to lug my FF2 out from behind my 27' LCD.

- Is there any default settings that work with either without having to disable and remap the settings. This game is pretty fun but I've been trying to set this up for several hours and its very frustrating. It would be nice if the Xbox 360 controller would show a couple different options for the buttons and let you choose which one to pick.

I think you could create a second profile? But I'm sure you can bind everythinf on your actual profile. Don't forget to plug your controller before starting the game. If you don't.. You'll have to rebind everything.

Its more of a pain trying to remap. And even after remapping and playing the game I can't get all my buttons and throttle to work properly on my Xbox 360 controller. There should be default settings that should work when I enable the controller. Hopefully this can be fixed in future updates. I always have my Xbox 360 PC controller plugged in before I start the game.

Thanks for your feedback.

Are there specific mappings you think would improve the default X360 scheme? We unfortunately can only support one at the moment, but if there's good suggestions, we may consider them for a patch.

I hope I'm not jacking your thread, but I have the same issues with the ARMA series. I've tried completely wiping the controls and mapping only what I want to my wired Microsoft Xbox 360 controller, and still have issues. Analog controls, multi tapping, i.e. "key/button x2", or using 2 together i.e. "button + button".

I've even tried Xpadder, and just about every other tool out there. No matter how much time I spend or how many times I start over from scratch, there's always an issue with certain things, especially analog controls. Perhaps there is a way to directly edit the default control setup listed as "controller with scheme" through notepad or something? At least for the people who don't mind going the extra mile or seven, but just want it to work?

I think a little more support/ease of use, especially for popular controllers would open up the game to a much wider audience.

What I do is I use my hotas cougar f-16 stick that I mapped for all the heli controls and I use the 360 controller for doing in game things like moving around for inspections and such. When I hop in the chopper I just go into controls and disable the 360 controller and then re-enable afterwords