Sign in to follow this  
quincy

ai wont cross my bridge

what is the proper way to place a bridge in visitor. the road tool wouldnt take bridges and so i just copied, pasted and lined up my bridge piece by piece and lined it up with my road network, ai i seem to ignore it. im using the bridge asf1_25 piece

what i done weather its right or wrong was place the road in the water then place bridge over the top and ai crossed for me some cars trucks will bounce across that's just arma found atv and mhq were the 2 that didn't want to cross

good question.

On a test map I had 2 bridges for asf2-roads. One bridge was fine with ai, the other one got ignored by ai. Technically, I ended one asf2-road before the bridge and started another road network on the end of the bridge, while the bridge itself was placed by hand like you did. So I did not lay a road network beneath the bridge.

I cant say this is the solution, however AI worked on both of my bridges once I extended the roads on the beginning and the end of the bridge. On both sides, the end-piece and the start piece of the road are lying a little bit under the bridge (maybe 6 meters of road go under the bridge on both sides). AI works like a charm now, even infantry men will walk on it. Since i have only 2 bridges, this might be a coincidence rather than a real solution.

good question.

On a test map I had 2 bridges for asf2-roads. One bridge was fine with ai, the other one got ignored by ai. Technically, I ended one asf2-road before the bridge and started another road network on the end of the bridge, while the bridge itself was placed by hand like you did. So I did not lay a road network beneath the bridge.

I cant say this is the solution, however AI worked on both of my bridges once I extended the roads on the beginning and the end of the bridge. On both sides, the end-piece and the start piece of the road are lying a little bit under the bridge (maybe 6 meters of road go under the bridge on both sides). AI works like a charm now, even infantry men will walk on it. Since i have only 2 bridges, this might be a coincidence rather than a real solution.

thanks il try ur way

The trick to getting AI across a bridge is to make it "accept" a the bridge objects as an extension to the road network.

This means that ideally the bridge links up 100% spot on with both road nets on the ends. There is a small room for misalignment that the AI will still overcome and link the first bridge segment to the last road segment, but you really want them to join up seamless.

The trick to getting AI across a bridge is to make it "accept" a the bridge objects as an extension to the road network.

This means that ideally the bridge links up 100% spot on with both road nets on the ends. There is a small room for misalignment that the AI will still overcome and link the first bridge segment to the last road segment, but you really want them to join up seamless.

thanks il take dat in to consideration lol

The difference in coordinates between an asf1_12 piece and a asf1_25 bridge is 24.72 or at the very least that will work. So if you have the asf1_12 piece where the road starts/ends at coordinates 4590,4520.63 and it is going horizontal (to the right) the first bridge piece should be at 4614.72, 4520.63 with the second at 4639.72,4520.63 Those are the coordinates of one of my bridges and the AI use it effectively so hopefully that will work.

JSP/JTP Bridge Position Finder

This is an excel file that my brother and I put together a few months ago (mostly my brother). It doesn't tell you the position of the road but it will tell you coordinates of the next bridge piece after you place the first one and input the coordinates, angle, and length into the file. Only replace the numbers in the upper left box. The blacked out area has important information in it so don't mess with that. The next coordinates will appear in the box inside the black area. If you need to find the coordinates of a third piece just double the length in the upper left box. Hopefully this will work for you. You can use any* angle you want and it should work. *(there might be some kind of restriction on this we didn't think about)

Edited by Jakerod