Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

Any interesting books to recommend?

Physics of the future & hyper space my Michio Kaku if your into science/Astrophysics, both fantastic reads.

Edited by Jeza
&

Physics of the future of hyper space my Michio Kaku if your into science/Astrophysics, both fantastic reads.

Saw quite some interesting documentary with him hosting the shows so yeah definitely something to read.

I've been reading Red Army by Ralph Peters lately. I'm really enjoying it. Just wish I had more time to read it.

Yeah I wish I had too. My time is strictly confined to holidays but I'm compensating with documentaries a lot.

If you are a fan of fantasy/adventure books then search up 'A Song Of Ice And Fire'. A series of great books that managed to keep me hooked from beginning to end. Look it up on wikipedia if you aren't so sure, but they are definitely a great read.

Also known as game of thrones. I started to read a song of ice and fire more than 10 years ago

Physics of the future of hyper space my Michio Kaku if your into science/Astrophysics, both fantastic reads.

There's also a nice one I've read recently, "Bad astronomy" by Phil Plait.

Edited by Kernriver

Just everything from Murray Rothbard. Read his books and you will understand why stateism and government became the live doctrin of menkind, an institutionalized mental sickness. Government is nothing than threat and brute force and these books will help you to understand that.

If you like some horror stuff read H. P. Lovecraft

If you like sci-fi read especially Warhammer 40k read Dan Abnett's Gaunt's Ghost series

If you like some african travelogue there is a hungarian hunter-explorer called Kittenberger Kálmán. Maybe with luck you can find his english translated books.

I got many more idea but right now these come in my mind.

Happy reading!!!:bounce3:

There's also a nice one I've read recently, "Bad astronomy" by Phil Plait.

Yup good read and great fun as well. Enjoyed his views on the fake moon landing :P

Just everything from Murray Rothbard. Read his books and you will understand why stateism and government became the live doctrin of menkind, an institutionalized mental sickness. Government is nothing than threat and brute force and these books will help you to understand that.

I would recommend a starter book to what you recommended by a French lawyer/economist by the name of Frédéric Bastiat, who wrote the book titled The Law (PDF).

On Wings of Eagles - Ken Follett

True story of the rescue of executives during the Iran revolution by Ross Perot. Jailed without charge and held for $12million ransom because the government couldn't pay its bills, the two men were rescued by colleagues led by an ex-green beret. It has a more interesting plot than the recent Argo and involves an overland escape to Turkey. Its one of those books you can't put down.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/On-Wings-Eagles-Ken-Follett/dp/0330354515/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372547857&sr=8-1&keywords=wings+of+eagles

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

I'm currently reading "Misquoting Jesus" by Bart D. Ehrman. Pretty interesting.

I am reading The Last Day, a good book describes the impact on the population, society and politics of the great quake.

Moved on to Confessions of an Alien Hunter: A Scientists Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence by seth Shostak interesting and amusing read from a great astronomer.

Just finished "The killing of hope" by William Blum.

Great book about US and CIA interventions past WW II. I can only recommend it.

Cheers

Bruce Lipton books are a very interesting read, stem cell researcher looking into the awareness of cells / Belief:

"Biology Of Belief" was the book I read.

http://www.brucelipton.com/about

I was put of initially off the kind of "new age" slant to it, but as he comes from stem cell research background its more .. umm, down to earth than that.

Reading the book about Rockstar, fascinating stuff!

Jacked: The unauthorized behind-the-scenes story of Grand Theft Auto

by David Kushner

Hitler: 1889-1936 Hubris and Hitler: 1936-1945 Nemesis for all things about Adolf Hitler (I am reading the second one now).

For all things about the 3rd Reich: The Rise and Fall of the 3rd Reich: A History of Nazi Germany.

All damn fine books in their own right. That's if you like History and especially WW2!!!

Shirer's book is excellent - he was there, first-rate reporting by an outstanding & courageous reporter.

Also in the same vein is Alan Bullock's Hitler - a Study in Tyranny

I have the original hardback (unabridged - no idea why they gratuitously mutilated it for the paperback).

Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10.

This has to be one best books I have ever read, I've read it twice and I'm so pysched now that they have released a full trailer for it. I've been following it for quite some time now. Can't wait for the film to come out.