Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Multi-Session Operations v4.0 released

Quick question....

Are you guys using Nielson's Civilian Interaction Module in MSO? All of a sudden I am getting "Verbal Command : Blah" on the action menu when there is a civilian plane or helicopter in view. Other than ACE, QOM_Province and the Iranian Forces mod I don't have anything else loaded. Not sure what I have done to activate this as I have been testing this mission for a few days and it only appeared yesterday!

Guys i've been trying to add RMM_NOMAD and if possible NOU_Cache to my mission, i've read the manual and followed the instructions:

The minimum requirements to run NOMAD in any mission are:

â— In the editor: BIS Functions module and a Playable Unit

â— In DESCRIPTION.EXT: #include <core\modules\nomad\params.hpp>

â— In INIT.SQF: execNow "core\init.sqf";

â— In the mission folder, copies of

..\core\init.sqf

..\core\modules\modules.hpp (#define RMM_NOMAD)

..\core\modules\nomad\*.*

Well something else is missing because i can't get NOMAD to work. :(

I don't want to have all those other folders i don't need. I just need the Core part. So i would like to be able to add whatever modules from core i want. It would be cool to have some documentation how to properly set this when starting a mission from scratch.

Edited by CarlosTex

Are you guys using Nielson's Civilian Interaction Module in MSO?

Not us I'm afraid.

CIM is cool and should just work with MSO, but we haven't added any code from that at all.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

Well something else is missing because i can't get NOMAD to work. :(

Carlos,

Would recommend taking all the code and disabling all the modules (in modules.hpp in each support/ambience/enemy/core) you don't want, then delete the folder for each module that is disabled.

Go that route first and it should work for you.

Tup

@Tupolov

I think i tried that before and it didn't work gave me some errors. But i'll try again and report here in the next half hour.

---------- Post added at 10:53 ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 ----------

I used the following modules just to test:

support:

CRB_FLIPPABLE

RMM_JIPMARKERS

R3F_LOGISTICS

RMM_TYRES

core:

RMM_MP_RIGHTS

RMM_NOMAD

RMM_SETTINGS

RMM_WEATHER

NOU_CACHE

Deleted all folders for modules i disabled in each modules.hpp.

When testing on dedicated this happened:

using -showscripterrors:

Error undefined variable in expression: mso_interaction_key

line 31

sidechat player stops at initialising :RMM_JIPMARKERS

---------- Post added at 11:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

Disabled RMM_JIPMARKERS and got rid of the error. All the modules from support are being initialised.

But none of the core modules is initialising.... Weird, looks like you can't delete folders at all.

Not us I'm afraid.

CIM is cool and should just work with MSO, but we haven't added any code from that at all.

Weird. Didn't think I could see any code for it. Must be something in ACE or the very latest beta then. I'll keep investigating. Thanks.

EDIT ----> It is ACE - In all the time I have used it, I have never noticed this before!

Edited by Jedra

@Tupolov

But none of the core modules is initialising.... Weird, looks like you can't delete folders at all.

Carlos,

In our own automated mission build process we delete folders for modules not enabled in modules.hpp. This works fine.

Upload your mission somewhere and I'll take a quick look.

MSO is designed to be modular so there is no reason why you can't strip things out.

Cheers,

Tup.

Weird. Didn't think I could see any code for it. Must be something in ACE or the very latest beta then. I'll keep investigating. Thanks.

EDIT ----> It is ACE - In all the time I have used it, I have never noticed this before!

It pops up for me aswell when im playnig patrol ops 2

dunno why though

hey guys! its running so nice!

question:

Im thinking of making MCC Sandbox a dedicated MSO-module since its not using ACE anymore, only CBA! My VTS Integration worked well, but it wasnt easily "module-able".

What do you think?

It shouldn't affect it. I'll keep it in mind thats what you're trying to do and maybe add them to the next version of the mission.

damn :(

I wanted to swap the units from cz to baf but it seems i cant because the baf leader looses the tasks

im probly doing something wrong ill try agian from scratch

Quick question....

Are you guys using Nielson's Civilian Interaction Module in MSO? All of a sudden I am getting "Verbal Command : Blah" on the action menu when there is a civilian plane or helicopter in view. Other than ACE, QOM_Province and the Iranian Forces mod I don't have anything else loaded. Not sure what I have done to activate this as I have been testing this mission for a few days and it only appeared yesterday!

ACE feature ;-)

How do I disable the capture base tasks?

it's in enemy\modules\WICT_enemypop\WICT_data\load\loader.sqf

just comment it out, should work

/*Maybe wrong thread; pls move as appropriate.*/

Our clan server geek thought this was server issue, but 2 guys I know went into MSO NP.

At some point (I was about to climb a sentry tower) my scroll wheel no longer triggered menu ... not at the tower, not at ammo crate, nowhere.

Coincidentally "G" fails.

Rebooted multiple times. NoJoy.

Joined other servers. AllGood.

I want MSO back! ;p

Ideas?

p.s. yes, I checked KeyMap; all good

Got this once or twice in testing. It's an issue with RMM_Revive conflicting with the ACE Medic module. If you're using ACE medic stuff, make sure RMM_Revive module is disabled (commented out in the modules.hpp file).

@HighHead - Since MCC Sandbox is now an addon, I tried something wild and just ran it alongside MSO. Seemed to work very well without any further effort required. The only thing I'd like Shay to implement is a way to make it turn offable, because MCC is currently always on (maybe make it enabled by an editor module or something). I should probably put that in the right thread though!

Wolffy/Tup are looking at ways to bring WICT under control, cos it's going a bit mad at the moment.

Edited by friznit2

Wolffy/Tup are looking at ways to bring WICT under control, cos it's going a bit mad at the moment.

Out of interest, in what way is it going mad?

whats up with wict! will have a look - went fine on my try yesterday!

module would only be nice since no addon would be needed.

Mad in that it gets a little out of hand - Tup recently added a bit to make WICT stop when no player was online, because it was still running before (we came back one night to find an army of BLUFOR rampaging around the map after we'd captured a few bases the night before). But even so it tends to keep churning out more and more AI whilst we're playing (bases with 100+ AI and 20 vehicles all clustered about are not unknown). In it's current form, WICT tends to kill our server after 2 days, whereas running just enemypop we've had MSO up for over 5 days now.

I believe Tup has a plan to implement a hard cap on number of AI spawned to prevent server overload in the next iteration, so that may help resolve things. Meanwhile WICT is a great addition if only because the AI tend to be much more mobild and dynamic.

hmmm, wict should stop spawning new groups when max_ai_groups (or something like that) is reached, maybe something wrong. will have a look at it as soon as possible

Im thinking of making MCC Sandbox a dedicated MSO-module since its not using ACE anymore, only CBA! My VTS Integration worked well, but it wasnt easily "module-able".

Go for it. As we did with WICT, we're happy to distribute it if it works!

@Tremblay - no idea, sorry.

Edited by Wolffy.au

i have to turn debug modules on to get a clear sight ai counts but in my short time 2,5 hours "host"-testing it was perfectly playable and had really freaking ai patrols, also ambience worked flawless. i think i encountered that with both enemy+wict pop modules on togehter wict "camp-building" (camp/base-building code from original enemy_pop) didnt work (it worked with rmm__enemypop turned off on chernarus). will have a deeper look.

PS: i havent got the possibility yet to have long term tests longer than 8 hours, so i will try to leave host running over night

I really want to know more of your customised ZORA module. How different is it from BIS version?

Does it spawn units that are assigned to a waypoint created to player position? Or in a random position radius around the player?

Really want to know more details about it.

Something ive noticed when altering the mission for myself on my dedi

When you first download the mission into your cache you will not get the team leader option or task

If you join and already have the mission in cache you do get the task and options

Hope this helps

and sorry if already mentioned

Does it spawn units that are assigned to a waypoint created to player position? Or in a random position radius around the player?

The BIS version comes directly for you and will script kill you if your misbehave. MSO ZORA is more about putting enemy around you, but not on you - as you said a random position radius around the player.

When you first download the mission into your cache you will not get the team leader option or task

Log a ticket on Dev Heaven and provide a reproducible mission - its the only way we'll be able to see what you're seeing.

Log a ticket on Dev Heaven and provide a reproducible mission - its the only way we'll be able to see what you're seeing.

erm no thanks

I was just passing on info if ya dont understand the info no big deal but thanks for answering

erm no thanks

I was just passing on info if ya dont understand the info no big deal but thanks for answering

Thank you for the information! Please understand, that we really need a repro or at least a ticket on devheaven so we can sort out issues more efficient and quickly - the devs need this way of bugtracking!

thx

Dave