Sign in to follow this  
DieselJC

Battleye corrupted Memory#3

If you dont use six-updater to launch the game not sure if you can patch it with it...not real clear about how arma2 launcher works compared to six-updater..sickboy would know for sure..

JC

Arma 2 Launcher just runs the game and its addons and mods, just like a shortcut, nothing complicated.

My question is, since my game is Steam version, if I runs it through SU and patch it, will i have future issues ?

SU doesnt install normal game patches currently. Installing Beta patches does not overwrite official game files, and as such does not mess up your installation. Same for other modfolders.

So just enable the Beta in SU, install it, and run again with JayArma2lib, this time you get the new one and all should be well.

SU doesnt install normal game patches currently. Installing Beta patches does not overwrite official game files, and as such does not mess up your installation. Same for other modfolders.

So just enable the Beta in SU, install it, and run again with JayArma2lib, this time you get the new one and all should be well.

Thanks for reply. I'll try it and keep you posted.

Thanks

Edit: I did exactly as you said and the game is running perfectly. Thanks for the assist.

Edited by Etex

Diesel; First make sure Six Updater is v2.9pre, if older, first run Six Updater with auto-self-update enabled.

Then enable and install the latest expansion/beta from Six Updater (v1.60.87816),

then run Install/Update and Startgame with expansion/beta and @JayArma2lib in your preset. If all is well, you should see @JayArma2Lib_new instead.

Basically; If you have a game version older than 87662, the old @JayArma2Lib with dsound.dll will be used.

If you have a game version 87662 or newer, the new @JayArma2Lib_new without dsound.dll will be used.

So are you saying that the CO 1.6 version of JayArma2Lib is BROKEN? As in unable to connect to servers without throwing this error?

FYI the server I'm connecting to is NOT running the beta.

So are you saying that the CO 1.6 version of JayArma2Lib is BROKEN? As in unable to connect to servers without throwing this error?

FYI the server I'm connecting to is NOT running the beta.

You might be running the beta patch and server does not, but it will not affect the proper functioning of the game. I think.

i have that corrupted memory error too , for me it's #62 and #59 or sth. like that ..i use ace and acre , never had any probs since some minutes ago. i think i'm up to date with everything.

Do i have to change anything on ded server?

Any help appreciated

i have that corrupted memory error too , for me it's #62 and #59 or sth. like that ..i use ace and acre , never had any probs since some minutes ago. i think i'm up to date with everything.

Do i have to change anything on ded server?

Any help appreciated

That was due to a temporary problem, should be fixed now.

i have same probrem,and i just remove dsound.dll from ARMA2 root floder then,no more probrem :P

just use new dsound.dll and put it on Expansion(just Expansion,not Expansion/beta)

I have simmilar problem. I got "Corrupted Memory #37"

It only hapent when I try to use Free TRack and TrackIRFixer.

Battleeye 1.148

OA 1.60.87816

Vista 64x

And I dont have any dsound.dll file in my ARMA2 folder or Expansion folder.

dosent TrackIRFixer change some of the game's memory?

if thats the case. no wounder why you get corrupted memory

Yes, it does change the game's memory.

I'm just wondering why anyone would need to use it, considering that FreeTrack support was added to Arma2 a while ago, if I recall correctly. No need for TrackIRFixer.

FreeTrack wont work without TrackIRFixer. Atleast for me.

EDIT:

On second though I never tryed playing without TrackIRFixer on latest Free Track version. Will try now

FreeTrack wont work without TrackIRFixer. Atleast for me.

EDIT:

On second though I never tryed playing without TrackIRFixer on latest Free Track version. Will try now

I believe there is a checkbox labeled "Enable FreeTrack Support" somewhere in the settings. That should do the trick.

I'm now pretty sure this is caused by you guys running JayArmA2Lib, which hooks the game executable to add functionality to ArmA 2.

The good news is that there already is a new beta version of the tool that uses a new extension feature in the latest OA betas and therefore doesn't require this hooking approach anymore.

I have to add something: on our private arma2 server with online of something over 100 hunderd ppl, where almost everyone have jayarmalib installed, along with ACE and other similar stuff, aforementioned problem was encountered only by a few players, including myself, and this started happening just recently, a week ago it worked perfectly. So, is jayarmalib really the root of the cause?

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Deleted 2 jayarmalib's dlls from arma2 root folder, and it's now working like before.

our server updated Battleye today and now we all get the #3 error. We use the latest Beta and JayArma2Lib_new (which is also on the server). Very frustrating.

our server updated Battleye today and now we all get the #3 error. We use the latest Beta and JayArma2Lib_new (which is also on the server). Very frustrating.

Did you ensure your dsound.dll files are all removed from your main directory, expansion/beta directory, and the old @JayArma2Lib folder? IMO you should actually you should just delete your old @JayArma2Lib folder.

I got this once when I tried to join a game with okt_noblur on, I just turned it off and it worked fine