Sign in to follow this  
blakeace

Blake's PINS (Pseudo Inertial Navigation System) and Bombing

This doesn't work if you team switch to the aircraft.

The addon requires you to either start in the aircraft or getin the aircraft to that the get in eventhandler fires to initiate then scripts sorry.

@Jumpartist and Sjaba; does the doubling up occur during MP when in an aircraft with two people? I don'y use this in MP so really just guess the coding for that area most times :( I know the autopilot action menu item currently duplicates when getting out and back in an aircraft at the moment. That has been fixed and I'm just currently testing it with other additions before uploading to the community.

I beleive that is when it happens Blake. Now that I think about it. Becasue I tried it again today but was in the harrier and it did NOT duplicate. Ill try it near a Helo with more people in it.

I did take notice of this during our clan night yeasterday.

And in fact it occurs even if im alone in the chopper. However not in the same degree so i believe it has something to do with player count of some sort.

As example when i flew a full chopper with players the list of SPaircaft/ Set SP etc was duplicated proably 40/50 times..when alone in chopper and i might add only after some time, i had 3 or 4 duplicates.

I have not thought much of this bug to be honest, but yeasterday when i flew transport and actually had to use time to be able to scroll down to shut engine off and get out it was a bit frustrating.

I hope you can find the cause :)

Sjaba...

I did take notice of this during our clan night yeasterday.

And in fact it occurs even if im alone in the chopper. However not in the same degree so i believe it has something to do with player count of some sort.

As example when i flew a full chopper with players the list of SPaircaft/ Set SP etc was duplicated proably 40/50 times..when alone in chopper and i might add only after some time, i had 3 or 4 duplicates.

I have not thought much of this bug to be honest, but yeasterday when i flew transport and actually had to use time to be able to scroll down to shut engine off and get out it was a bit frustrating.

I hope you can find the cause :)

Sjaba...

That would have been frustrating!

I think I have come up with a quick effective solution to the duplication issue. Just doing some tests locally and I hopw to find time to package it up in the next day if nothing ugly pops up.

Part of the problem is when I first started on this I was focused almost solely on the harrier as the development platform which is also a single seater :P

Updated version 1.03.01

Just a small update to fix a couple of small issues.

Available from the first post.

Version 1.03.01

Fixed: Bomb pipper staying visible when non bomb weapons selected.

Fixed: Action menu item duplication in multi person aircraft.

Thanks Jumpartist and Sjaba for the feedback :)

Edited by blakeace

Hi!

This addon is great!

I play with Sjaba that I now see have posted a lot here. Hi Sjaba! :cool:

We play a lot of mission where the groundforces depend on air assets for their survival, all the pilots use your addon.

I was thinking about starting to use the rover part but with larger distances. For example having a dedicated terminal at base for the commander to access.

It would give the pilots more tasks being able to provide elements with live feeds. The grunts will probably work more than 5km from the base, but the readme states that the rover terminal only works up to 5kms.

Is there a variable to set or a function to call to make it work over the whole island?

Hi!

This addon is great!

I play with Sjaba that I now see have posted a lot here. Hi Sjaba! :cool:

We play a lot of mission where the groundforces depend on air assets for their survival, all the pilots use your addon.

I was thinking about starting to use the rover part but with larger distances. For example having a dedicated terminal at base for the commander to access.

It would give the pilots more tasks being able to provide elements with live feeds. The grunts will probably work more than 5km from the base, but the readme states that the rover terminal only works up to 5kms.

Is there a variable to set or a function to call to make it work over the whole island?

At the moment that is hard coded into the addon. The only work around I can suggest is to establish contact whilst the pilot is within 5km of the rover terminal, once a connection is made there isn't actually any checks for distance. As long as you didn't want to switch between different feeds you could get around it that way.

At the moment that is hard coded into the addon. The only work around I can suggest is to establish contact whilst the pilot is within 5km of the rover terminal, once a connection is made there isn't actually any checks for distance. As long as you didn't want to switch between different feeds you could get around it that way.

Thanks for the info!

I wanted to do switching but I can work with that.

Thanks for the info!

I wanted to do switching but I can work with that.

I have a UAV vehicle which started as a test bed for my autopilot mod and has accidentally grown into it's own addon. It's noy quite finished, but I filter for aricraft with feed differently with it that doesn't involve range. I'll look at how I did that and see if I can alter the rover code.

Question: On this topic; does anybody know if the rover terminal requires line of sight with the aircraft to properly receive a feed? With the new terrain intercept commands this could be fairly easily implemented into the terminal code.

Yeah that feature looks cool too. not tried myself yet.

However, im afraid i have to report that the duplicating of the action menu still exsists.

The bug was noted in A10 and Harrier atleast after update to recent version..

Sjaba...

Yeah that feature looks cool too. not tried myself yet.

However, im afraid i have to report that the duplicating of the action menu still exsists.

The bug was noted in A10 and Harrier atleast after update to recent version..

Sjaba...

Cheers Sjaba, no idea what is going here at all? I'll have a look but at this stage I don't know how it could be occurring to even start looking at how the rectify it?

Updated 1.03.02

Available on the first post.

History:

Altered: Menus to be created with the aircraft rather than dynamically to prevent duplication.

Hopefully this will stop the multiple menu items for good. Instead of trying to only add the actions if the aircraft is going to be used by a player I have them added to the aircraft when it is created once only.

Thanks for a outstanding mod..question if you will sir. Is there a way yo already have the laser and the camera already implemented without having to enter them in the initi..? Also for the rover just clarifying that the aircraft with the camera must be turned on in order for it to be beamed back to the laptop and is it possible to view multiple feeds? Sorry if already asked and again thank you

Thanks for a outstanding mod..question if you will sir. Is there a way yo already have the laser and the camera already implemented without having to enter them in the initi..? Also for the rover just clarifying that the aircraft with the camera must be turned on in order for it to be beamed back to the laptop and is it possible to view multiple feeds? Sorry if already asked and again thank you

It may be possible to check, depending on where that sort of information is stored for an aircraft object.

For somebody to receive a camera feed from an aircraft, requires the aircraft have a camera (PINS one) and the pilot must be broadcasting the feed (action menu). The rover terminal at the time of connection must be close enough to the aircraft off the top of my head I cannot remember the distance sorry.

You can only watch multiple feeds by either turning off and reconnecting to the next aircraft or use multiple rovers where each is connected to different aircraft. That said I have never tested using multiple rovers so I am unsure if that would have any issues.

@fullerpj - Cheers feedback is always appreciated :)

Is it possible to get this from Six Updater? Keep up the good work!

Yes Sickboy kindly supports all my mods on six updater. For some reason my disqus aren't going through which is how I inform Sickboy of the updates. I have now managed to get a post through without including the links. So hopefully he will update them soon.

Thanks.

EDIT: It was me being a dumb ass ;) all works fine

EDIT 2: It works for me ONLY when player is either set as a PLAYABLE unit starting in cockpit OR as a PLAYER inside cockpit. If starting as PLAYER or PLAYABLE unit OUTSIDE the aircraft i loose the ability to arm the laser and the INC/ DEC intervall functions...

Im I the only one ??

I have been testing some stuff with the rover and according to the readme file there should be some more action menus which i for some reason cannot see ?

Im missing: (tested with A10)

Ripple ( for bombs)

Increase/ decrease (when in aircraft and rockets selected. I do get that option when entering the aircracft)

Feed for rover ( camera activated and fully working. Rover turned on, but there is no other options. Do i need to put anything in the rover init ? )

I tried this "(Alpha)(Hold zoomout key to access. Requires a camera)." but it only cycles the zoom options.

Laser is turned on but bombs does not hit target.. ( this is not related to PINS i think, just thought i mention it.

Its ACE that have serious laser/ gbu issues atm.)

However NO MORE DUPLICATED MENUS :jump_clap:

Sjaba...

Edited by Sjaba

EDIT: It was me being a dumb ass ;) all works fine

EDIT 2: It works for me ONLY when player is either set as a PLAYABLE unit starting in cockpit OR as a PLAYER inside cockpit. If starting as PLAYER or PLAYABLE unit OUTSIDE the aircraft i loose the ability to arm the laser and the INC/ DEC intervall functions...

Im I the only one ??

However NO MORE DUPLICATED MENUS :jump_clap:

Sjaba...

Thanks Sjaba I'll have a dig around and see what I can find.

One more ? from me.

When using the rover terminal. If i place the notebook on a table its almost impossible to get the action menu up ?

Is it someway of fixing this or does the notebook have to be on ground ( also tried on floor inside a building, but then i get same result, no menu).

Sjaba...