Sign in to follow this  
rye1

225 Confirmed kills: The deadliest American sniper in history

Don't forget that the pre-industrial world you're talking about was the golden age of limited wars and military restraint. Sure, raping a village didn't cause the same sort of backlash, but total war is still a 20th century phenomenon.

"When most people talk about killing, they are like virgins talking about sex. You can talk about it all day, you can fully understand the mechanics involved but when the time comes there is so much more involved than the person thought."

By William S. Frisbee Jr.

You see a great deal through a sniper scope. Chris Kyle deserves some respect for what he had to do. Most people would crack up. As for making $, how do you expect him to make a living now? He can't exactly put on a shirt and tie and sell photo copiers, it wouldn't work. I will buy his book because I think we owe him something.

"When most people talk about killing, they are like virgins talking about sex. You can talk about it all day, you can fully understand the mechanics involved but when the time comes there is so much more involved than the person thought."

By William S. Frisbee Jr.

You see a great deal through a sniper scope. Chris Kyle deserves some respect for what he had to do. Most people would crack up. As for making $, how do you expect him to make a living now? He can't exactly put on a shirt and tie and sell photo copiers, it wouldn't work. I will buy his book because I think we owe him something.

We need a kudos button.

Don't forget that the pre-industrial world you're talking about was the golden age of limited wars and military restraint. Sure, raping a village didn't cause the same sort of backlash, but total war is still a 20th century phenomenon.

Not just the pre-industrial world, during the industrial era poverty was still the norm for the vast majority of the population in the urban centers as well as in the countryside. The lives of the common people didn't really change much for several hundred years before around 1880 (roughly speaking), the start of what developed into modern society. Imo that was the starting point towards the shift of seeing war as something that simply has existed and always will exist, to being a necessary evil and eventually towards what a large part of the majority thinks, that war is something inhumane, barbaric and outdated by all of our new-age thinking (sadly achieving a goal through conflict seems to be a part of human nature and a billion people wearing peace symbols or holding protests (that ironically often end in a riot) won't change that), and that people participating in it are not what a society wants and needs.

A nuclear exchange between India and Pakistan can be a limited conflict, because actions against civilians aren't the criteria for a war to become known as a total war. Total war doesn't necessarily mean brutal treatment of everyone, total war is the complete utilization of a country, it's people and resources towards the war effort, and even total wars vary immensely. WW1 and WW2 were both total conflicts, but in WW1 civilians were reasonably safe away from the battlefield and certainly if they did not resist (a notable exception to all forms and intensity of crimes being the treatment of civilians during the initial invasion of 1914). In WW2 Jews, gypsies, homosexuals and handicapped people were persecuted, as well as males being mobilized by the occupying forces into forced labor and sometimes even military service. Repercussions for acts of resistance were incomparable as well. The German army of WW1 still based on the Prussian military system did shoot civilians in reprisal, but overall the number of instances as well as the total number executed appears insignificant when compared to that of WW2 and in WW1 the executed were often government officials and other important figures where as during WW2 often every male between the ages of 9 and 90 were rounded up and shot. Additionally individual (unorganized) atrocities, war crimes and crimes against humanity instances were lower, partially because of the nature of the fighting (static war vs war of maneuver that inevitably is going to get civilians caught in the crossfire), but more importantly because of ideological conditioning (or rather lack of during WW1), although drunkenness and poor leadership and control did create the vacuum needed for individuals to act. Both wars were total wars, but the ideologies behind them were very different, so one total war isn't the template for all other total wars, just like it is for limited conflicts.

I remember a documentary about Dutch SF in Afghanistan, in which one of them, a sniper, said something about insurgents that had killed children going to school and burned down their school that amounted to: "The things they've done to those children, if I am in the position to take these people out I will, and I won't feel bad about it. They chose to act like that, and we are here to stop them." That in a way is a conflict between ideologies as well between two smaller groups of individuals within larger forces, religious fanaticism vs liberal thinking and perhaps a personal view on justice. On one hand it's just doing their job, on the other hand it might be considered doing their job with a little more personal satisfaction than usual. That is completely beside the political views and a personal take on the options within the rules of engagement. Just because Chris Kyle shot a lot of people doesn't necessarily mean he enjoyed it in any way shape or form, or that there is a psychological difference between him and the general public as some might believe, just that he was good at his job and chose to get the most out of his talent.

Edited by JdB

Units like the Seals are the scalpel of the military.

And who is swinging that scalpel?

Ever heart about Operation Phoenix?

Especialy SEALs have to read Machiavelli before finnish their training. Its still about bruning down villages and blame the other side for.

Hey, if a war would be just fought by snipers, there wouldn't be any civilian casulties.

The ruthless army that invades and lays waste to the country and it's people through the indiscriminate use of force no longer exists in the Western world.

51eYiB6YtIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You can't imagine what these western world armies do. Ruthless as it ever was.

Okay, i know thats a forum for a Wargame and it happend from time to time that people start virtual masturbating about Military!! and TANKS!!!! and MEDAL OF FREAKING HONORZZZ111

But its just a bunch of sh!t. Nothing to do with manhood, nothing to do with bravery or being a warrior, nothing. Its just about getting a--f---ed. But to many people can't diffine between a game and reality.

Its a man who did his job, retired and wrote a book...

You can't imagine what these western world armies do. Ruthless as it ever was.

1. This thread is about a sniper not an army or politics.

2. Highly doubt that all of eastern, northern or southern world armies are perfect savior or angels.

3. How do you know:

that people start virtual masturbating about Military!! and TANKS!!!! and MEDAL OF FREAKING HONORZZZ111

3. How do you know:

Quote:

that people start virtual masturbating about Military!! and TANKS!!!! and MEDAL OF FREAKING HONORZZZ111

You know, this strange military subculture which is most heavyly influenced by popcultural things and the last few years videogames. How many Skull-Masks did you see since ModernWarfare2 was released? And this Hero also wears a Skull Hat. Skulls.. things which the Nazis weared.

American's Most Lethal Navy SEAL Sniper Tells Gripping Tale About Killing 'Savages' and Decking Jesse Ventura

And now this guy runs a mercenary company which militarise US Police forces.

I mean look how freaked up our western society is! First they invaded a country under false reasons, they kill the local population, and here the people celebrate that act of aggression and dare to say "he protectet others".

What the hell? This is worst than Nazi Germany. In Nazi germany they talked about "how many tanks Warhero XY destroyed" "How many ships did he sink". They didn't talking about killing "savages" in the Media. What the Hell...

Edited by Dosenmais

Yes but he punched Jesse Ventura, so nothing else matters! :D

Dosenmais, kindly stop trolling these forums. Nazis were hardly a shining example when it comes to killing those they consider "savages" en masse. Fox is down there with the Daily Mail in terms of sources.

Skulls have always been cool, live with it. skull-and-crossbones1.jpg

Fox is down there with the Daily Mail in terms of sources.

I doubt even they misquoted them. Wronging a member of the military would require a Fox News reporter to commit hari kari.

Skulls have always been cool, live with it.

Your culture of death and destruction worshipping is a bunch of garbage.

This Sniper-Hero is just another fake for another PR Stunt after they killed the hole Sealteam Six with that old National Guard Choppert to get rid of their "Bin Laden Raid" witnesses. A five year old can understand whats happen in front of our eyes, but so many adults are just so full of sh!t and blindly following this cult of death.

pHRA3SRVq2s

In Cities like Faludscha they shoot everything that was male and higher than 60 inches. Turkey Shooting. What do you thing this freak has done?

Also, in the last month a 15 year old boy and a 18 year old mother shoot homeinvaders. These People were brave and fought back, killed the right people which deserve it. Nothing to read her about, nothing. Just about murders and made up heroes like this guy.

Well you were never known for responding with though-provoking well though out posts, or evidence to back up claims you make in them, but this is a low even for you.

This Sniper-Hero is just another fake for another PR Stunt after they killed the hole Sealteam Six with that old National Guard Choppert to get rid of their "Bin Laden Raid" witnesses.
In Cities like Faludscha they shoot everything that was male and higher than 60 inches. Turkey Shooting. What do you thing this freak has done?

The Seals killed in that incident weren't the Seals that raided the Abottabad compound, they were the QRF for the assault force, they never entered Pakistani airspace. Citizens were killed in Fallujah just like they were in all other urban conflicts since the dawn of time. Mistaken identity is common, especially when your enemy is predominantly wearing civilian clothing. As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, there is a difference between purposely slaughtering civilians and mistaken identity. Not that you're interested in the nuances obviously. Those are the official readings. If you have other credible sources to back up all of your claims, your version of events, we'd love to hear them. What you've been doing so far, ranting about nazis, capitalism, militarism and conspiracy theories that have zero credibility with any credible source in numerous threads in the Offtopic section does not convince anyone of the truthfulness of these claims and thereby your view of the world. Come up with proof, or keep quiet until you can, no one is taking your opinion seriously this way except perhaps for one or two others we have here that are like you.

Funny you should mention character assassination, your contributions to the Offtopic section have never been anything but attempts at character assassination.

Edited by JdB

This Sniper-Hero is just another fake for another PR Stunt after they killed the hole Sealteam Six with that old National Guard Choppert to get rid of their "Bin Laden Raid" witnesses. A five year old can understand whats happen in front of our eyes, but so many adults are just so full of sh!t and blindly following this cult of death.

[YOUTUBE]pHRA3SRVq2s

Also, in the last month a 15 year old boy and a 18 year old mother shoot homeinvaders. These People were brave and fought back, killed the right people which deserve it. Nothing to read her about, nothing. Just about murders and made up heroes like this guy.

Man this post is full of....

User cp => edit ignore list => add a member to this list => do a banana dance :yay:

User cp => edit ignore list => add a member to this list => do a banana dance :yay:

That doesn't work if people that aren't on your ignore list quote the ignored member :(

The Seals killed in that incident weren't the Seals that raided the Abottabad compound,

SEAL Team 6 members among 38 killed in Afghanistan

Three months after they killed Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in neighboring Pakistan and cemented their place in military legend, the SEALs suffered a devastating loss when nearly two dozen of the elite troops were among 30 Americans who died when their helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan early Saturday.

By the way. You don't never read one of my post i guess, otherwise you would better know what i'am ranting about.

Also, i can care less. I don't give a damn about what Peasants wanna believe, its just because i can clear my conscience, that i have spoken out against this bunch of lies. Maybee its just one or two like me, but thats enough. Three Percent fought the american revolution, always minorities make chances. Good or bad.

Maybee you should print out these Teutonic Cross with Skulls crests, help you thinking you act manly and tough, and j!** on them.

Three months after they killed Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in neighboring Pakistan and cemented their place in military legend, the SEALs suffered a devastating loss when nearly two dozen of the elite troops were among 30 Americans who died when their helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan early Saturday.

As I said, they were Seals, and you're correct in saying that they were a part of the NSWDG, but they were not part of the actual assault force, and even the bit about them having belonged to the QRF in that operation were third party (never officially confirmed AFAIK). The only reference to the Bin Laden raid and the operators killed in the Wardak crash was made by the media, because they were in the same unit, presumably to sell newspapers, which makes your claim of their knowledge of what happened and the need to silence them ludicrous since there isn't a shred of evidence to substantiate that those operators ever entered Pakistani airspace or were even a part of the operation at all.

Also, i can care less. I don't give a damn about what Peasants wanna believe

Haha :D (that is my reaction to a joke)

Nice way to discredit yourself and your dodgy sources though.

Edited by JdB

To quote your own link: "No member of the Bin Laden raid team was among the dead".

Getting tiresome now.

By the way. You don't never read one of my post i guess, otherwise you would better know what i'am ranting about.

Also, i can care less. I don't give a damn about what Peasants wanna believe, its just because i can clear my conscience, that i have spoken out against this bunch of lies. Maybee its just one or two like me, but thats enough. Three Percent fought the american revolution, always minorities make chances. Good or bad.

Maybee you should print out these Teutonic Cross with Skulls crests, help you thinking you act manly and tough, and j!** on them.

Wait, so you basically dislike everyone that uses skullheads? FPDR

that those operators ever entered Pakistani airspace or were even a part of the operation at all.

Officialy 23 SEALs were involved in the Bin Laden raid and officaly no one died during the Chopper crash during the raid. Officialy three entert the house and shoot Darth Vader aaahm Bin Laden. Problem is, no one ever would or could came out and speak about that, because they all would be ordert to maintain silence.

Okay, thats offical. But it was also offical that the Taliban or Al Quaida wired the National Guard Chopper and it was a bomb not a crash.

An Pentagon official told Fox ""We don't believe that any of the special operators who were killed were involved in the bin Laden operation,"

And everytime once of them say "we believe" it means they lie.

They can say everything what they believe. So i have to imply from already know scenarios to unknown scenarios. Remember that Jessica Lynch Case? How many Soldiers of her Unit died by car accidents or got shoot? They had no Problem shoot their posterboy Pat Tillman so why shouldn't they kill soldiers which no ones know?

Wait, so you basically dislike everyone that uses skullheads

I don't blame teens and youngsters for imitate the older ones, but i blame the older ones to dress up like the Nazis did. Hey, everyone can run around how he likes, but says alot about our rotten culture.

And look at this Sniper. First he wrote in his book "i like to put people(his foes) into fear and scare them" and then he says on fox "i like to kill people which scare people". And wearing this Skull Hat... As their wouldn't been enough death around.

I bet this guy will become a neocon hero same as Oliver North and one day tell the People "Martial Law is good for you, hand over your guns, my Merc Firm trained the Police for such Case. I'am a wartime profiteer."

You do know that the nazis weren´t the first ones to use the skull Head?

Maybee its just one or two like me, but thats enough.

Maybe you should start acting nice towards people and crank that ratio up a bit. Being a jerk who is always right is a sad position in life.

(Another topic derailed totally)

Dosenmais, skulls represent mortality. Everybody dies. What more mortal subject is there than front line conflict? If you only see Nazism, that says more about your own psyche than anything else.

(Another topic derailed totally)

JdB's already put a good post in on the moderator thread, should sort this out.

Dosenmais, skulls represent mortality. Everybody dies.

I will be death for the rest of eternity when i die so why should i wear this crap now? Life is beautiful and i see no reason why adult people should run around with that Memento mori stuff.

This isn't just about the Nazis. Every caste of killers carried such things to scare people and show them "hey we are dangerous and cutt of heads". Its childish Bullshit.

You do know that the nazis weren´t the first ones to use the skull Head?

As i said, this isn't just about the nazis. Every caste of killers did this. Totenkopfhusaren, first Tank Brigades, Skull and Bones Lodge, Special forces.

All of them use this symbols and worship death.

safe_image.php?d=AQDc-BZKAHnXyvae&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi3.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FbhjHWovwix4%2Fhqdefault.jpg

Look at that shit. Black shirt with badges, Skull hat. This guy wears the same shit the nazis did. Badges and Skulls, this make someone manly! Huagh! Maybee someone should tell him that killig people and carrieng this "lethal" shit around never let a mans dick grow.

Edited by Dosenmais