Sign in to follow this  
robbie84

LF First Aid Mod / Addon to Implement

Hi.

I am playing some user made missions atm. But generally I am spending 90% time in warfare mods.

Mod 1:

Now, like any good soldier I catch a bullet. If I am a Sniper, guess what that means... slow walk to base to heal or die or miss.

Is there something, anything I could use to have a certain amount of "bandages", first aid or whatever ON MYSELF so I can heal up in the wild?

I saw couple of these addons in Flashpoint, Cipher and some other missions but I have no clue how to add that capability to Warfare or even other Warfare mod like Benny. I guess I would have to dismantle the .PBO and add that addon into it. I know how to do that but I was wondering is there something less painful?

I think you know what I mean by this. Add a first aid kit so I can patch up myself in the field. Medics are scarce and I like the lone wold approach when playing Sniper.

But now AI is really nice but that also means that I eat bullets more often even if I am extra careful.

Anyway, if you know of a method on how to achieve this, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Just give yourself Medic skillls by adding:

attendant = true;

...to the config file - that way, anyone can be a Medic ;)

Oh cheers.

Nice tip.

Not to complicate further, but I was thinking something in line to have it limited.

For example, in Cipher you can use the Field Dressing 5 or 6 times.

While this is a great tweak, I would like to have it limited. IF possible. If not, well then I'll use the Medic 5 times.

And also another question.

Since I don't have much time for multiplayer, I do Save and Continue...

Is there some MOD worth checking out for SP? No matter what it is.

Could be Warfare modification or some other mod like AS or something. Was out of touch for a while so I don't know what is "the bomb" now in the Mods.

Cheers.

Hi.

I tried to add the line in my config file (mydocuments arma folder) but it had no effect.

Is there a specific line where I should put it?

Hey Rob,

I'm not sure how advanced your config skills are.

Do you have a tool to unpack .pbo files (such as pbo View) and Kegety's tools to unwrap the config.bin file?

You need to "unpbo" the addon file (in the addons folder) and add the line to the config...and then "re-pbo" it...

Here is an example of a Medic loadout from one of my addon's configs:

displayName = "Medic";

picture = "\Ca\characters\data\Ico\i_Med_CA.paa";

attendant = true;

Icon = "\Ca\characters\data\map_ico\i_medyk_CA.paa";

weapons[] = {"M4", "Throw", "Put"};

magazines[] = {"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "HandGrenadeTimed", "HandGrenadeTimed", "HandGrenadeTimed", "HandGrenadeTimed"};

If none of this makes sense, let me know what addon you're using and I'll see what I can do ;)

I don't think he use addons :eek:

he should take a medic with him and let it take cover and make sure its not to far away :D

Oh, well it might be a WHOLE lot easier then to place a Medic in the mission maker (as the player) next to an ammo box and he can pick up a sniper rifle before he heads out and then he can heal himself to his heart's content!