Sign in to follow this  
dekster

Problem with installing mods

Recently I've tried to start with installing some mods.

I've downloaded the files(zip) and put it in the right folder.

But I can't see/acces the files in windows explorer. (I can however see the files in the screen you get when you want to upload or download something)

screenshot:

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2523/screenshotprobleem.png

Anybody an idea/solution?

it has to do with your windows account permission or folders that are secured by windows. It has NOTHING to do with your game.

it has to do with your windows account permission or folders that are secured by windows. It has NOTHING to do with your game.

How/where do I change that?

I think you need to log in as admin and make all files and folders visible for all (or at least your windows profile) so you can access them. Also make sure when you have unzipped the folder that the folder you need is not duplicated in the folder that was created:

@Lingor13/Addons

not

@lingor13/@lingor13/Addons

This has happened to me numerous times.

Hope this helps you get going in the right direction. You may find that once you start adding mods that your game will not load all of the addons and you will not be able to connect to some servers (Game shortcuts only allow so many characters in the target line). I would suggest a .bat file to start the game, but you don't need that now, just keep it in mind for future reference.