Sign in to follow this  
vbr74

Custom Starting Location Warfare Module

Hello everyone, I'm new in the forum, I've recently purchased Arma X Anniversary Edition and that's from few days I try to learn for using the editor, I also remember the Arma II campaign's two lasts missions where the Warfare mode is working and I having try to do the same thing with the editor, so I've builded a base but problem, the spawning location of the commander unit seems to be autogenerate in a flat area for build a base in ther country, but I'd like to start in a custom location for the warafre, like my base and upgrade her with the construction interface : for build defences, got some units already in my command near of my position etc ...

Does anyone of you know how to do these ?

Greetings,

vbr74.

Search 'warfare arma 2' in google, look for 'How to setup warfare sandbox darrenbrant'

Search 'warfare arma 2' in google, look for 'How to setup warfare sandbox darrenbrant'

I've find it : http://sandbox.darrenbrant.com/arma_ii/how-to-setup-the-arma-ii-warfare-module

But Warfare's Location still don't work, I've already seen these page before and that's why I am coming here : for hope to have more informations.

Edited by vbr74

85 views and no much help ?

Hello everyone, I'm new in the forum, I've recently purchased Arma X Anniversary Edition and that's from few days I try to learn for using the editor, I also remember the Arma II campaign's two lasts missions where the Warfare mode is working and I having try to do the same thing with the editor, so I've builded a base but problem, the spawning location of the commander unit seems to be autogenerate in a flat area for build a base in ther country, but I'd like to start in a custom location for the warafre, like my base and upgrade her with the construction interface : for build defences, got some units already in my command near of my position etc ...

Does anyone of you know how to do these ?

Greetings,

vbr74.

Hi,

that's becausreWarfare is 99,9% scripted and uses locations that are coded in the island config. Note: you can't setup your base in the editor; it has to be spawned by the warfare module or the factories won't work. What you can do is to set the spawn location of the base. Open your mission in the editor and do the following:

1. select F1 (unit), double click
  2. select side: Game logic > class: Location > unit: Starting location
  3. name it: StartingLocation0
  4. place it
  5. synch it with the warfare module (F5)

Next step: open your InitMission.sqf in any text editor. It looks like this:

scriptName "InitMission.sqf";
//Last modified 4/30/10
//*****************************************************************************************
//Description: This is called before the WF core initialization starts.
//Note that you cannot set values like VOTETIME because core init will overwrite them.
//Set those values in a custom Init_Common.sqf.
//*****************************************************************************************
//Script for setting WF init values before init begins (this script). Put in init field of Warfare logic in editor.
//BIS_WF_Common SetVariable ["customInitMissionScript","InitMission.sqf"];
[color=red]BIS_WF_Common SetVariable ["sidePlacement",[true,-1,-1]]; //Side placement, use starting logics only.[/color]
BIS_WF_Common SetVariable ["customInitClientScript",""]; //Use default core client initialization.
BIS_WF_Common SetVariable ["customInitCommonScript","Init_Common.sqf"]; //Run custom common init after core's. You can replace core's common scripts here, or just change values like vote time, etc. Refer to Init_Constants.sqf.
BIS_WF_Common SetVariable ["customInitServerScript",""]; //Use default core server initialization.
BIS_WF_Common SetVariable ["customInitBasesScript",""];  //Create custom base vehicles & patrols.
BIS_WF_Common SetVariable ["customBaseLayoutsScript",""]; //Custom base layouts.
BIS_WF_Common SetVariable ["customTownsScript",""];   //Custom town configurations.
//1/17/7 MM - Created file.

Change that line to:

BIS_WF_Common SetVariable ["sidePlacement",[true,1]]; //Side placement, use starting logics only.

Then re-pbo your mission and you're good to go.

Edited by Guess Who

Thank you very much Guess Who for your support ! Now I going to try it, that's the support I needed.

Thank you very much Guess Who for your support ! Now I going to try it, that's the support I needed.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that you need to synch the game logic to the warfare module. Mayby you figured that out by yourself, just to be sure ...

BTW: Most of BIS missions files are heavily commented; gives you a lot of insights.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that you need to synch the game logic to the warfare module. Mayby you figured that out by yourself, just to be sure ...

BTW: Most of BIS missions files are heavily commented; gives you a lot of insights.

OK I Take this into consideration.

Cheers,

vbr74.

Edit Post : I have applied your method and it's working now ! Thanks ! But I just got an error message about common_init.sqf, I have to reinstall the "warfare mission example package" into my mission folder I think ...

Edited by vbr74