Sign in to follow this  
marseille77

New Prussian Army

zdnzr8wih1k.jpg efvv3484c783.jpg 14x2jwfsoil.jpg

Today I present a new mod who deals about a fictious modern prussian Army. This army is influenced by old soviet equipment and supported by the west. The soldiers using russian, german and american weapons. The vehicles overtaken by the russians.

The idea is influenced also by the mods of an popular strategy game and the A2 fraction system (CDF e.g). In this mod the soldiers are also made with bag system and A2 rvmat features like dt or smdi textures for trousers and boots.

Content

- Soldiers (in peasoup camo)

- Officer (in prussian in traditional century colors)

- Specialforces

- Paratroopers

- Static weapons

- Tanks, APC, Support vehicles (in sand-green camo)

- Crew (in black)

- Field reporter

- Groups

- Flag and flagmapmarker

Modern Prussian Army 1.0 (01.01.2012)

Download

more pics

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-12479247/mg_east.jpg.html

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-12479249/sniper.jpg.html

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-12479251/t72.jpg.html

Edited by Marseille77

when I 1st saw title "New Prussian Army" I thought it would be sth like Modern Prussian/Weimar Army becouse when I see word Prussia automaticaly I see Germany, so better name would be Modern East Prussian Army, isnt it?

Beeing an Reenacter of Prussian 18th and 19th military I can hardly see any resemblance to prussia in this addon. Looks more like modern shape soldiers in late WWII camo.

Nothing really Prussian.

I think its meant as East Prussia with its capital Konigsberg aka Kaliningrad
East prusssia was just another province of Prussia, like Bohemia was just a prussian province after 1744. The only prussian resemblance in this is the prussian eagle on white ground I see as a armpatch in this mod so far.

Bohemia was never a Prussian province - Silesia was.

But this is off-topic - this obviously means some sort of independent post-soviet East Prussia.

Nice idea, keep it up!

Cheers,

D.

Too bad you have people in here that cannot simply say thanks for the new addon. You always have the option of going somewhere else and not downloading the addon. Instead, they need to poo all over everything that is not thiers. who cares what province of what was part of history. This is supposed to be a game but you uptight ninny whinnys want to make a political statement out of everything......

Thank you for adding another faction to the Armaverse Marseille77. Its your addon do as you please. I hope to see you expand on the order of battle much much more. If ther eis anything in PRACS that you want for this addon please let me know. I would be happy to donate just to spite the nay sayers.

Edited by wld427

The Region mainly east and south of Königsberg was known as the Duchy of Prussia, a fiefdom of the Kingdom of Poland in the 16th century.

In 1618 Johann Sigismund Elector of Brandenburg (the region around Berlin belonging to the Holy Roman Empire) inherited the Duchy of Prussia and the lands he ruled over became known as Brandenburg-Prussia.

In 1701 the Elector Friedrich III crowned himself King in Prussia (not Brandenburg)

Eventually all the lands, that were controlled by the ruler of Brandenburg, in and outside of the Holy Roman Empire, became known as Prussia - so basically the ruler became King also in all his other lands.

So although today we expect something different when we hear the name Prussia, Marseille77 is actually not wrong naming his fictional state Prussia as it is in the place of the original Duchy.;)

Currently I am working on an update...

- Pilot

- HK USP

- updated Soldiers

- Planes

This mod came suddenly in my mind when I thought about the area of East-Prussia with his capital Kaliningrad (Königsberg). I informed me about the latest situation about that. I will declare the design and color choice:

- The officer is designed after the uniforms around 1900. In future I will change the stripe on the arms with red big ends equiped with collar badges.

- The soldier has the peasoup camo because I thought this WWII item looks good to them and I was looking for designs that is not used by the modern Germans but used in former times ;).

- The camo of vehicles influenced by the colors of Wehrmacht vehicled in the end phase of the war.

Actually thye Kaliningrad Region is trying to become another free nation they already have semi Indepndence from Russia they have there own Defense force and Governemnt that only they elect on. But the Duma (Russian Governemnt) apoints and adviser to the region that ensures fair ethnic treatment of National Russians. Most who live in the Region have a Parent that is not Russian top 3 other than Russian are Ukranian Belarussians and Lithuanians so most around 60 to 70 percent have a Non Russian Parent.

Currently I am working on an update...

- Pilot

- HK USP

- updated Soldiers

- Planes

This mod came suddenly in my mind when I thought about the area of East-Prussia with his capital Kaliningrad (Königsberg). I informed me about the latest situation about that. I will declare the design and color choice:

- The officer is designed after the uniforms around 1900. In future I will change the stripe on the arms with red big ends equiped with collar badges.

- The soldier has the peasoup camo because I thought this WWII item looks good to them and I was looking for designs that is not used by the modern Germans but used in former times ;).

- The camo of vehicles influenced by the colors of Wehrmacht vehicled in the end phase of the war.

I am hoping that in another update you add the BMP-T Ramka( A BMP based on the T-72 MBT much like the Terminator but it has the BMP-2 gun the 37mm gun 1 moved as far forwars and the driver is moved to the left of tank or the right of the tank on which way you look at it. The engine moved to the front right next to driver and the back holds 8-10 Combat troops. The BMR-T based ont eh T-55 and or T-72 and does the same as the BRM-1 does recon and field command same set up as the T-72 and or the T-55 as locations of everything just has a 110mm gun. The T-72-120 ( T-120) and the T-72-130 ( T-130) Tankis. Also the A-150 and the A-150 both are artillery and have the same look as the 2S19 but on a T-72 body and carries 140mm gun and -150mm gun on 2 fiddrent tanks but on the T-72 hull.( 1 is light artillery the 140mm and the other is heavy Artillery 150mm). I live in Kaliningrad so all these tanks are goin to be built for our defernse forces.

I like the idea behind this, however it would be nice to see an updated camouflage in future versions :)

i like the olf school camo personally kinda the way the region is old but new at the same time