zonekiller

-= ZKs BattleZone =- 72 Player [CO-OP] - Warfare

ZKs server will be down - he's away on holiday. That will also explain the 404 error. I would recommend getting them from armaholic.

Love the idea and concept of this mission but cannot get it to run on my dedicated server. Is there a trick? Older versions worked fine but when I select the mission it just times out and never proceeds.

thanks

please, can somebody share ZK's V5 missions. his server still down and armaholic links looks dead too.

zonekillers server is back online download away :)

will get the armaholics links fixed too

Uhh...

I have a small problem, when ever I want to edit params like change factions for example from US to CDF and a custom addon which I did as followed on the instructions in the first pages it appears in there yap but when I select it nothing is changed in the game, for example I've added North Korean Army into East side, it appears in the list, change the factions to all factions selected KPA and pressed back and pressed Play but what I get is Takistani Army beside KPA nor is CDF changed from US, seems like params do not save/change what so ever...

I get no errors what so ever as well beside standard JSRS_Distance error.

Has anyone attempted a port to IronFront with ZoneKillers excellent misssion?

I think the WW2 setting would be ideal for this kind of persistent warfare.

Very fun mission, not many servers play this mission anymore, but I think this mission needs to come back, I like it a lot.

Im always glad to hear from a fan. Im also glad to hear servers are still running BZ .

What scripts are associated with the ammo boxes you find spawned in the bases?

I would like to be able to customize these, especially considering the ammo for the M1014 is Slug only... :butbut:

Also, does anyone know what I need to modify in order to prevent the game from hanging if I want the playable slots to be something other than default US army?

sorry for the late reply

depending on what youneed to do there is a ammobox.fsm that controls what ammo to use

if you change the units or vehicles that should be ok

as long as you name them the same as the ones you replace

i hope that helps

Thanks for the reply, sorry for necroposting however I noticed a variable called: "ammotypeW"

I would like to know where I else that is located within the scripts.

Considering the ammoboxes are basically emptied and then are populated with items from that variable, I think it would be a lot easier if I simply had a peek at it.

Especially considering virtually the same items (most of which I don't want) - seem to repeatedly spawn in the ammobox.

Hi Pd3 there are 3 variables ammotypeW ,ammotypeE ,ammotypeG these are made at mission start , they are arrays of the weapons that the units in the mission have , a random 20 or so are selected and added to the ammobox when the box is created.

in ZKbuild there is a fsm -- Ammoboxes.fsm -- in each of the 3 sections there is this code - remove the (while {_z < count _ammotype} do)

section and just add ammo and weapons you wish to use

_ammobox AddWeaponCargo ["STINGER", 2];
_ammobox AddMagazineCargo ["STINGER", 10];

_ammobox AddWeaponCargo ["Laserdesignator", 5];
_ammobox AddMagazineCargo ["Laserbatteries", 10];

_ammobox AddWeaponCargo ["NVGoggles", 1];
_ammobox AddWeaponCargo ["itemGPS", 10];

_ammobox AddWeaponCargo ["Binocular", 10];

_ammotype = [];
_ammotype = _My_HQ getVariable "ammotypeW";

_z = 0;
if !(isnil "_ammotype") then 
{
while {_z < count _ammotype} do
{
_i = 0;

while {_i < count ((_ammotype select _z)select 0)} do
{
_ammobox AddWeaponCargo [(((_ammotype select _z)select 0)select _i), 1];
_i = _i + 1;
};

_i = 0;

while {_i < count ((_ammotype select _z)select 1)} do
{
_ammobox AddMagazineCargo [(((_ammotype select _z)select 1)select _i), 1];
_i = _i + 1;
};

_z = _z + 1;
};
};

ZKs BATTLEZONE FOR A3 IS ALMOST FINISHED

for them that are interested

FU--IN SWEET!!!!!

I can't wait. My friends and I love this mission. ARMA3 should have shipped with something like this!!

oh yeah :yay:

@teoleo

when in construction mode you can get any AI or vehicle to join your group by putting the circle on them and pressing J . in the pramas you can adjust the group size allowed for each player.

BATTLEZONE FOR A3 is almost fully functional but requires much more CPU power :( so im trying to work out a good balance and steam lining code.

it will be released soon. :)

Excellent Zonekiller! Looking forward to the A3 but as you say I see A3 with serious FPS issues that need to be improved and A2 doesn't have (but once did!)

@teoleo

when in construction mode you can get any AI or vehicle to join your group by putting the circle on them and pressing J . in the pramas you can adjust the group size allowed for each player.

BATTLEZONE FOR A3 is almost fully functional but requires much more CPU power :( so im trying to work out a good balance and steam lining code.

it will be released soon. :)

Are you making the mission to include a headless client to help with the large amounts of A.I. and keep the FPS up on the server?

Also, have you seen this thread by naught? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170539-AI-Caching-and-Distribution-System

This might help with the new version.

Edited by rowdied
speling and additons

Does anyone else have problems with the AI reviving the player and then the player defaulting to swimming animations?

Weirdest thing.