zonekiller

-= ZKs BattleZone =- 72 Player [CO-OP] - Warfare

The revive is buried within some FSMs I think. Not trivial turning it off. The game would be too easy with a 'respawn where you died', and besides it gives you another chance to tool-up before the next battle. Some realism is needed I think :)

The revive is buried within some FSMs I think. Not trivial turning it off. The game would be too easy with a 'respawn where you died', and besides it gives you another chance to tool-up before the next battle. Some realism is needed I think :)

I realize that but when you play with cod players who think arma is too glitchy and the guys move like they are underwater, every little bit helps :D

I think I found a way to turn it off.

Are you ever going to port the i44 mod over to Chernarus?

thanks for the great mission

rod

Hi guys,

These warfare missions look really great in terms of concept and playability!

I am struggling to get the mission to run on Lan so I can play "singleplayer" with the computer.

I dug up the instructions in this thread, where someone else asked the same question. I did this:

To Play it as local or on Lan

Add the mission to your MPMissions Folder

goto Multiplayer

Go NEW

then select OK

and Play it from the Mission List

The mission shows up as a coop and I select my force to play as (example:blufor)

It says 1/1 (for my team) out of the 72 slots selected but there are no autofilled AI for other group leaders.

I played around with the paramenters and load the mission but the few AI guys just stand next to their crates.

am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks, the mission looks great and I can't wait to get this working!

Hi guys,

These warfare missions look really great in terms of concept and playability!

I am struggling to get the mission to run on Lan so I can play "singleplayer" with the computer.

I dug up the instructions in this thread, where someone else asked the same question. I did this:

To Play it as local or on Lan

Add the mission to your MPMissions Folder

goto Multiplayer

Go NEW

then select OK

and Play it from the Mission List

The mission shows up as a coop and I select my force to play as (example:blufor)

It says 1/1 (for my team) out of the 72 slots selected but there are no autofilled AI for other group leaders.

I played around with the paramenters and load the mission but the few AI guys just stand next to their crates.

am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks, the mission looks great and I can't wait to get this working!

I've got the same problem. However, I've noticed that it works just fine on Tasmania but not on any other Battlezone maps. On anything other than Tasmania, the AI guys just stand next to the crates and do nothing and I cannot build anything. It's like the game hasn't started yet.

---------- Post added at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

I've got the same problem. However, I've noticed that it works just fine on Tasmania but not on any other Battlezone maps. On anything other than Tasmania, the AI guys just stand next to the crates and do nothing and I cannot build anything. It's like the game hasn't started yet.

CORRECTION: I've tested it with Tasmania, Chernarus, Takistan, and Isla Duala. It works fine with Tasmania and Chernarus but doesn't work right with Takistan and Isla Duala.

hey guys are you using AO or AO-CO ??

Are you useing V3 or V4 BattleZone ??

Hi ZoneKiller. I've been playing your missions since the BF2 release quite some time ago. I have to say that you've brought out the elements of this game that I love the most and I am most grateful for all of your efforts. Your work is absolutely outstanding.

I was messing around with the array builder here recently and it occured to me that the town locations seem to take a minimal roll in the BattleZone mission. I was wondering if there is any simple way that I could sort of combine the battlefield 3 city war mission with the battlezone mission. I've looked through the scripts and am aware that much of the BattleZone code is inherited from the BF3 missions (or at least my minimal knowlege leads me to believe so). I've also tried to combine the two missions on my own with no luck. I was just hoping that the town locations could also be fought over during the course of the battle and you could claim ownership of them as you do in the battlefield missions. If there's any way you could lead me in the right direction I would be most appreciative.

Again, I can't say enough about the work you've done with these missions. I'm very familiar with the toils one goes through coding and bug squashing for a massive dynamic mission as I created Squad Level Tacitcs for Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising. I know it can be a complete pain in the butt and is usually met with more critisism than appreciation, but you've really done an amazing job of creating a wonderful living environment that takes full advantage of the games resources. Hats off to you!

Anyhow... if there's any way to do what I've proposed I'm sure your the person to lead me there. Thanks!

tvig

@tvig0r0us now thats an interesting idea and off the top of my head im sure it can be intergrated with just a handfull of headaches. Not sure how it would play out tho.

i guess we will have to do it to see what happens.

send me a PM with your skype or a TS address or a way to hook up on voice and we can discuss this further.

that goes the same with anyone what wants help editing or modifing any of my missions i would rather hook up on voice

to work or help on a project.

feel free to add my ARMA Editing Skype at any time

skype name zone_au

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------

thanks JaySmizzle and Hartwich

i found the typo in Takistan and Isla Duala.

Just redownload it again all fixed.

working on V5 - , still testing with the new betas

adding town capture and quite a bit of nifty stuff.

FPS - up

Action - up

Bandwidth - down

makeing it more of a challange everyday

FPS - up

Action - up

Bandwidth - down

makeing it more of a challange everyday

Helping to test this and it's true! No more does poor guer forces suffer at the hands of OPFOR / BLUFOR! The battles are more balanced (and deadly).

ZK is working hard to make sure that bugs get ironed out - we spent quite a bit of time last night playtesting it which was great fun.

There are still somethings to be added, but it is shaping up REALLY nicely.

Just wanted to say publicly ZK .... THANKS!

Kremator

Yep... I've been having the all time greatest ARMA 2 moments I've ever had with this mission. Awesome work ZK!!

Is there no Combined Operations BattleZone for Chernarus?

Edited by GossamerSolid

There is , just goto the params and select the factions you wish to use - select the CO factions -

all missions can be played in CO and use CO units

Edited by Zonekiller

I have a problem with AI Build Delay setting.

If I set it low, like 10 sec, then friendly AI builds troops fine but enemy AI builds buildings too fast, which makes it impossible to destroy their bases.

If I set it high, like a minute, then I can destroy enemy bases if I put some effort into it, but friendly (and enemy) AI is just waaaay too slow to build it's units.

Am I doing something wrong?

There is , just goto the params and select the factions you wish to use - select the CO factions -

all missions can be played in CO and use CO units

Thanks for the Clarification.

I have a problem with AI Build Delay setting.

If I set it low, like 10 sec, then friendly AI builds troops fine but enemy AI builds buildings too fast, which makes it impossible to destroy their bases.

If I set it high, like a minute, then I can destroy enemy bases if I put some effort into it, but friendly (and enemy) AI is just waaaay too slow to build it's units.

Am I doing something wrong?

i will see what i can do in V6 as V5 is about to come out

1 suggestion is to use a slower build time but add more bases as each side can have up to 4 bases - that will keeps lots of enemy on the map

in V5 there will be town capture as well - so you will have even more enemys to kill as each town will end up with a static weapon and a small group of men patroling it

its taking a lttle longer than expected as trying to ballance it with the new Betas so i will work well when 1.61 comes out

i will try and release a pre release version on the weekend - before the offical version - i just want to wait till some more betas get done as they seem to affect the ai a bit - but i am finding the betas make the overall game run better.

i will try and do something with the NEW LOS commands but again that will have to wait till V6 and after 1.61 is complete.

I have released 2 Maps with the new BZ V5 enjoy :)

UPDATE V5 - 24-6-12

Fixed - Chute not always deleting.

Fixed - Intro Sounds - Mission now totaly compatible with OA.

Fixed - AI will move back into turrets when player moves to differnt position within the vehicle.

Added - Town Capture. Captured towns have a small patrol and a static weapon.

Added - Waypoints and Marker move to nearest road where possible.

Added - AI Vehicles will now fill all turrets when return to base.

Added - If turret unit is killed and units in cargo, Cargo units will fill turrets.

Added - Player markers on the Respawn map .

Removed - Call for Plane when using LaserMarker.

Tuned - Re Compressed all sounds 1Mb smaller now.

Re-work - YES - Lots of code enhanced.

----------------------------------------------

The Missions So Far -=ZKs BattleZone=- V5

-=ZKs BattleZone=- Takistan -- No Addons Just AO --

DownLoad -=ZKs BattleZone=- Takistan

-=ZKs BattleZone=- Isla Duala -- Addons - Isla Duala Map & AO-CO --

DownLoad -=ZKs BattleZone=- Isla Duala

The gameplay is just amazing with this mission! Great job ZK!

Without hijacking (I'm sure ZK wouldn't mind) I have done 31 different maps that have BZ in them (posted today, probably sitting close to this thread). Just strip out the MSO etc parts you don't want.

@kiberkiller

i have a trip comming up very soon , like tomorrow so i will look into more maps when i get back

also should have V6 ready to go by then.

my server will be down as of tomorrow for about a month

so please use the armaholic links or Kremators MSO versoins untill my server is back online.

thanks for your support guys and until im back online have a great time :)

For some reason I'm getting a 404 error using your link to the v5 files. I also couldn't find your server. Any ideas?