zonekiller

-= ZKs BattleZone =- 72 Player [CO-OP] - Warfare

Ran into this: "Must be at airport to build planes" earlier today. We were playing starting with one base for each team, and ours was situation on the northern airfield of Takistan, we were BluFor. Our team (AI) seemed to have no issue construction planes, but actual players could not. We captured an independent container, and trucked it back up to the airfield and constructed it directly on the airfield, by the control tower but to no avail.

Any input would be appreciated.

A suggestion: Could you add a squad interface that allow real players to join up? That would be really cool.

This mission is very fun just like the battlefield ones. Thanks alot.

Mike.

Did you lower the base build distance? It's normally set to 350m. Did you move the truck (and the container) manually?

There is a little marker at which the AI will build planes - as long as it is WITHIN the base build distance then it's OK.

Regarding the 'real players joining team' it really makes no advantage. Only team leaders (which is every slot) can construct things - so you would be crippling other members of your team. I'm sure ZK can elaborate more - but I HAVE asked about this in the past.

Ya it seems to have been the Base Build Distance, we had it on 100 meters. It requires a larger diameter.

Thanks.

Good - glad to be able to help. Setting the build size to 100m will make a VERY compact base, with potential for vehicles to get stuck. I recommend keeping it on 350m or sometimes going even slightly higher (depending on terrain).

On a further note - I'm just finalising details on the BZ/MSO/PatrolOps2/Reezo'sIEDs/AirTrafficControlRabbitTM version. It is working VERY well. Just one final tweak and a bug to deal with then I can release. If anyone wants to have a sneak-peak of it, then join my server (!Kremator's BATTLEZONE server you will need CBA, but please no ACE2)

A suggestion: Could you add a squad interface that allow real players to join up? That would be really cool.

toyed with that idea and due to locality issues with MP that cant be done in this mission with out ending up with them big fires everywhere

as what causes the big fires are vehicles local to a player that disconnects and when the vehicles are distroyed the fire gets bigger and bigger

so i use code to make sure the vehicles are moved back to the server on disconnect and 2 players in the same group would be much harder to code around.

Im glad the plane thing was sorted

Thanks Krem

Again Thanks to everyone that commented on the mission , I had as much fun writting it as you do playing it :)

I also hear Krem has finished his BZ/MSO/PatrolOps2/Reezo'sIEDs/AirTrafficControlRabbitTM version. so keep an eye out for that :)

Sorry I missed you Kremator! by the way your mailbox is full can't send PM. Getting a CTD on Server for I44 version can't figure out why yet.

would anyone like to see some of the functions/features as stand alone items - ie ZKs_Revive-Respawn , Create any Vehicle with full crew , ZKs_Find_Build_Place_to_Build , ECT So you can use them in other missions ???

If so list what you would like on here

Mailbox cleaned.

Releasing standalone functions would be helpful to noob scripters like me :)

PS everyone - have just made a Fallujah variant, and am working on a Clafghan variant. Just awaiting permission from Roy86 to be able to use PatrolOps inside BZ :)

I definetly think your AI running to heal you and get you back in the fight, as well as letting you see what AI is coming and what not, was awesome ZoneKiller. I'd love to see that as a standalone. I'd love to toss it into a domination or BE style warfare, or something of the sort, since I generally just play on my own dedicated server against AI.

Strengthofsin,

Really when Kremator releases his version using Patrol Ops 2 you get the same Mission Based or Take City based functions like Domination, Look for his server online and join it as Blufor and see. Plus he has ATC Rabbit a certainly once of a kind Air Traffic Controller! LOL

Good news guys .... just putting final touches to version6a here. I will release three maps initially, Fallujah, Takistan and Clafghan (based on what I like :) ), but will put it into a separate thread to not clutter this one.

I will just say, that without the god-like skills on ZoneKiller, there would be no way that I could have done ANYTHING like this. Thanks ZK!

@vengeance1 I tried finding his server yesterday to see what sort of things he had running, but unfortunately it wasn't up at the time it seemed. It'd definitely be interesting to try it with more people than myself. I generally play Benny Warfare mostly, but I do love my domination, just never enough people around to play it unless you get into one of those hardcore servers where everyone wants to use fake military ranks and limit everyone. While it's usually fun, the nature of these kinds of dynamic, small mission's along with larger objectives, are what I've been looking forward to lately.

Cool i will work on a stand alone Revive/Respawn this weekend

also added

User Modified Versions Of -=ZKs BattleZone=- link to first post

so if you have a edited mission which has -=ZKs BattleZone=- in it

let me know and i will add the link to your post there :)

Kremator has done some realy cool things to it , i suggest you check it out :)

Watch this space .... I44 is coming .... I44 is coming !

Brill - I'm watching! :)

Thanks very much for these missions - I just started with the Qom one, since it looked like a very pretty new island & I wanted to download that anyway.

When you catch your breath, could you do a port to Podagorsk? - one of my favourite islands & sadly neglected by mission designers (well, at least for SP).

Cheers

Orcinus

I44 is getting closer , Thanks to the help of vengeance1 and Kremator.

I have it all working now just adding the I44 feel to the mission :)

anyone interested in a ARMA2 version of -=ZKs BattleZone=- ??

I think there were some people asking for an Arma2 version.

I have been running the takistan version for hours and hours with no problems. There is ONE error in the rpt that is unexpected 'Bad conversion: scalar'

that I don't understand how to fix - but perhaps ZK can shed light on it.

Do be aware that there are no helicopters in I44 and therefore combat is a lot more long-lasting. Also that it is REALLY difficult (based on hit points for the base structures) to kill a building. As there are no GBUs or lockable hellfires the laser designation spot does nothing. IF there was a way to force aircraft to target structures as a priority (assuming no other aircraft are around) then this would be ideal.

Once ZK releases the I44, then I will update my mashed missions too :)

Edited by Kremator

Nice progress ZK, really looking forward to those fixes I could never figure out! Then on to Thirsk Winter!

I44 is getting closer , Thanks to the help of vengeance1 and Kremator.

I have it all working now just adding the I44 feel to the mission :)

anyone interested in a ARMA2 version of -=ZKs BattleZone=- ??

Yes I do with a standard domination mission integrated with yours. I have been trying for a week but no luck. I am not as smart as you! Help please when you have time LOL. I think it would be great mix of gameplay!

AVIBIRD 1

Ive almost finished the ARMA 2 ver of battlezone just fixing a few minor bugs if you would like a copy as is send me a PM and i will give you the link to the beta

still working on V4 and I44

so this is non ace right??

I brought up ZoneKiller's first post, pressed CTRL + F and typed ACE.

No results

It's safe to say "no" to your question :)

Im told it will work with ACE but it is not ACE itself

almost finished the ARMA 2 & A2Free versions and still testing the I44 Ver

V4 will have Ambient Civs as well :)

trying to add mines as well when an AI has them he will put them on roads

I brought up ZoneKiller's first post, pressed CTRL + F and typed ACE.

No results

It's safe to say "no" to your question :)

Sorry I'm not that smart :)

Is there still (or was there) a SP version in the pipeline?