Sign in to follow this  
ivosm

Russian Army Modern Units

can we have russians with gas masks too?

I had not thought about it, but I do not see much use.

I had not thought about it, but I do not see much use.

Well, I do.:p

I would definetly like to see some of them with detachable gasmasks, ala the NBC units by Farmland.

(I also reckon that the late Spetznatz mod was planning something like this, but alas. No gasmasks for our russian grunts ever.:()

Well, I do.:p

I would definetly like to see some of them with detachable gasmasks, ala the NBC units by Farmland.

(I also reckon that the late Spetznatz mod was planning something like this, but alas. No gasmasks for our russian grunts ever.:()

I've been trying to reduce my units, because when we spend so much time working on them, I sick of them. I don't think I will have patience to put masks.

Sorry for hijacking/OTing, but the SFM Russians with gas masks were in fact released somewhere. I have no idea where I found them, but i have the file in my collection.

Here's a link.

I've been trying to reduce my units, because when we spend so much time working on them, I sick of them. I don't think I will have patience to put masks.

Okay, no problem.

I only thought there could be a HiddenSelection class which could easily put in/put off the gas mask model on the units without much hassle. Erm, does it actually work like that or I have been lied to?:D

I only thought there could be a HiddenSelection class which could easily put in/put off the gas mask model on the units without much hassle. Erm, does it actually work like that or I have been lied to?:D

Well, not. Hidden selections are selections which are already present on model, but you can hide them via config or script (like glasses).

What you're talkin' about are proxies. But thing with them is (from what I know) number and types of proxies is hard coded into the game. Only proxies possible are binocs, nvg and weapons (pri, sec, 'nades). You can, of course, make some item which takes proxy of (for example) binocs (see phone in campaign), but then unit equipped with phone can't use binocs.

But you can make gasmask which will take place of nvgs, and add some scripts to it to make it work - usually you don't wear nvgs when having gasmask on face, don't you? Problem is that you won't be able to change mask for nv, after taking the mask over.

Hope you'll understand :D

@Ivosm

What weapons will they use? Hyk's OPFOR used RHS pack, but I think that ORCS one is a lot better, and have contemporary Russian weapons like AK-74M, PM and PMM pistols, and whole range of their special machine pistols (VSS, VAL etc.)

Well, not. Hidden selections are selections which are already present on model, but you can hide them via config or script (like glasses).

What you're talkin' about are proxies. But thing with them is (from what I know) number and types of proxies is hard coded into the game. Only proxies possible are binocs, nvg and weapons (pri, sec, 'nades). You can, of course, make some item which takes proxy of (for example) binocs (see phone in campaign), but then unit equipped with phone can't use binocs.

But you can make gasmask which will take place of nvgs, and add some scripts to it to make it work - usually you don't wear nvgs when having gasmask on face, don't you? Problem is that you won't be able to change mask for nv, after taking the mask over.

Hope you'll understand :D

@Ivosm

What weapons will they use? Hyk's OPFOR used RHS pack, but I think that ORCS one is a lot better, and have contemporary Russian weapons like AK-74M, PM and PMM pistols, and whole range of their special machine pistols (VSS, VAL etc.)

I'm using the ORCS Weapons: AK74M,PKM,SVD-S,PMM,VSS,RPG7 and RPG29,AKS-74M.

Hey, these look great! nice textures, and great you're using ORCS weapons, my favorite pack. i'll keep track of this one! :p