hcpookie

SOC-R Special Ops Boat

Where could i get this VTE_BRA? I Googled it and it seems to be part of some Vietnam mod, i couldn't really nail down wich one (Also forgive me as i'm not at home, and the Google page alone needs a good 2 Minutes to load completely with this crap they call internet here, so i don't really have the nerves to wait 2-3 Minutes jsut to check out another page without results) but since i have the Unsung mod - which doesn't include this Map, i have no clue where else it could be. Not so familiar with Vietnam Mods.

Where could i get this VTE_BRA? I Googled it and it seems to be part of some Vietnam mod, i couldn't really nail down wich one (Also forgive me as i'm not at home, and the Google page alone needs a good 2 Minutes to load completely with this crap they call internet here, so i don't really have the nerves to wait 2-3 Minutes jsut to check out another page without results) but since i have the Unsung mod - which doesn't include this Map, i have no clue where else it could be. Not so familiar with Vietnam Mods.

Here VTE. This addon/mod contains a number of islands, some may be problamatic in places (parts of islands/bridges etc), but all work fine and none will spoil your missions, just get to know the islands a little first by looking around and checking.;)

Just to stay on topic, there are quite a few of these islands in VTE that would be great for soc-r boat missions not just vte_bra...

Just a little tip for anyone googling stuff for the series, always put 'arma 2' first, or whichever of the series your wanting the info about, so 'arma 2 vte_bra' would have brought up quite a bit regards this mod.:)

Edited by ChrisB

Hey there, first of all thanks for the great mod... :bounce3:

But I got a small problem. Everytime I want to use it it says : "Cannot load texture pook_socr/data/socr_ico.paa"

The only mods that are running are ACE, Lingor and Dingor and that's it :/

Can someone maybe help me with that?

Edited by RobinTrouble

Robin this is the first report I've seen of someone with a problem. A few things:

1. Can you try running without ACE? I don't use ACE and cannot predict what will happen if you try running it with ACE.

2. Be sure you have the latest update, v2.0. See the first post for download info.

3. Verify this file exists in your Arma2 folder:

\arma2\@POOK\Addons\pook_socr.pbo

4. Check to see what the arma2oa.RPT log says. That will be in this folder: %username%\Appdata\local\Arma 2 OA

This file: "\arma2\@POOK\Addons\pook_socr.pbo" was missing in my previous install of the mod.

Now it works fine. And I'm finally able to attend the SWCC/SEAL Trainings with my unit!

Thanks for the quick response! :D

Update! New up-armored versions. See first post for download info.

This might be the final update - can't find anything else to improve and don't plan to make any more versions ;)

socr_uparmored1.jpg

Its sad it maybe the last update, but I can understand why, they are great as they are, will be updating nevertheless, and thanks for this great mod, maybe see them in some form or other in A3!

Hope so.:).

Sorry if im reposting this issue but i thought it was important.

On the SOCR - M2/MK19 and also on the SOCR Heavy - M2/MK19 there's something messed up with the commander seat. you can crew the gun but if you're standing outside or in 3rd person view you can see that the is unmanned (when its actually already occupied).

Sry for my bad english. Also a great addon! :)

Don't recall seeing that problem but I'll check it out. Thanks for the feedback!

---------- Post added at 13:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

Well just checked on it - commander is fine in outside view. What exactly are you doing to exhibit this behavior?

I don't mean to dig up old threads here but...will this maybe find it's way to ArmA 3 somehow in the future? :)