hcpookie

SOC-R Special Ops Boat

Oh well, was just a suggestion, still love the boat regardless. Those camo nets are pretty sweet.

the boats are looking great, are you still doing an OPFOR's one?

V1 release! See first post!

Not sure if I will do anything with OPFOR for now

m134_1.jpg

Now these will come handy in Lingor river system :)

indeed, you should make something with a swamp just to celebrate :P

nice work pook, pretty damn fast aswell downloading it as a grueling 80kb/s :( see if we can get a armaholic mirror?

I don't mean to insult but is this a port? The way it looks is OFP-esque and I remember there was an SOC-R released back then.

I don't mean to insult but is this a port? The way it looks is OFP-esque and I remember there was an SOC-R released back then.

if you read the 'readme' he says about the boat being a Arma 1 model with added weapons, textures, cam netting ect

This is a heavily modified Arma1 RHIB model from the BIS sampl models. HEAVILY modified :)

Awesome ride, hcpookie! Definitely going to enjoy speeding around the waterways in this thing opening up on opfor. :D

Noticed a bug with maybe the LODs or something.

When you are in the craft in first person, the boat has no floor and the water flows through it.

However in 3rd person it's fine.

Great work however. It's a beast.

Exellent job! But I suggest you go ninja on that hull asap and make it more sleek - too "stealth" compared to the real one=)

hey hcpookie love the boats mate, a hell of alot of fun to play with. Anyway i thought you could use a better model so i started working on this today:

http://i.imgur.com/IS5PX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IS5PX.jpg

and was wondering if you would be interested in a possible joint effort?

Anyway get back to me mate.

Cheers

Rhodesy

@ Old Bear; Miller - Thank You for the mirrors!

@Blackfox - indeed you are correct, I copied the wrong LOD to the Cargo View. I just fixed it :)

@ Scarecrow - fixed! Forgot to remove the shortcut key from the User Action.

@ Rhodesy - I'm not against using a new hull model! I simply used what was on hand and it kind of grew into the final product. The issue (as already discussed) is the placement of the gunner positions to keep their feet from sticking through the hull when they are fully traversed. The "cheat" is to move the gunner positions off of the gunwales and on to the deck. Doesn't look like the RL boat but it works with the gunner animations.

What is needed is a better, more detailed texture. I can make so-so camo colors, but without all the little details it does look rather bland. Nitpicking I know :)

I'll give the v1.1 a good once-over before I release it later today to make sure I didn't overlook anything else! If they look good then I'll also release the MLODs like I always do.

I'll give the v1.1 a good once-over before I release it later today to make sure I didn't overlook anything else! If they look good then I'll also release the MLODs like I always do.

The MLODS would be appreciated :). ive got a huge list of things i need to add my Nogovan's now, your BRDMS and this boat aswell as other things :)

Just uploaded v1.1 - same location. All fixes are present... ALSO - discovered and fixed a problem with the Fire Geometry LOD that made the boat 'unsinkable'. ;)