Sign in to follow this  
fredkatz

AI Heli Control 1.0

Just as an update...it appears this is an issue with the Steam version of Arma 2 and OA not combining to create CO. Sickboy advised me to try launching the game with the Play withSix launcher and lo-and-behold, AI Heli Control is now working fine which suggests that the game wasn't launching as CO and therefore the mods (which required CO) weren't working.

All is at peace now in Frozen-Monkey's world and I no longer have AI controlled helicopters flying around the map with no way of landing unless I disembark the pilot :D

hi fredkatz,

hope everthing is going good ...

in sept 2013 you tell us that theres a arma 3 version of your ai heli mod in developement.

can you please give us a short feedback?

some fans are looking forward to try it out.

hope you havn't give it up.

cheers and thnx

Greetings and sorry for digging this thread up.

First of all, thanks for this mod, fredkatz! It's a very elegant solution to a massive problem in ArmA2.

I couldn't make Heli Control recognize any changes to its settings file though. Maybe its because of changes in the latest OA beta patch or in CBA, but no matter which key I've tried, it always defaulted to "LWin" on my keyboard. As this key throws me back to the Windows desktop, it's highly impractical. I've spent an entire night trying to remap the default keycode (to no avail) and then recoding the whole "read custom keys from config" functionality, but despite making extensive use of the documentation of CBA's functions, it didn't work out (apparently not enough ArmA scripting knowledge).

Long story short, the only thing that did work for me was to alter the default key in the script version of the add-on (in heli_extras_script.Takistan\heli_extras\heli_extras_preclientinit.sqf) from "_key=219" to "_key=25" ("P") and then running it through BinPBO. Heli_Extras is now merrily opening when I press "P" and I'm a happy camper. Also, I could basically do away with the now unnecessary extra "_settings" files.

Just wanted to share this for anyone who might have the same problem.