Sign in to follow this  
fredkatz

AI Heli Control 1.0

it's a shame on Six Updater is still 1.2, maybe you fredkatz will inform Sickboy about this?

Where do the heli_extras_script.Takistan folder go ?

Where do the userconfig folder go ? ..

:rolleyes:

the content (folder Heli_Extras) of the userconfig folder goes into the ....userconfig folder :) path: /ProgramFiles/BohemiaInteractive/Arma2/userconfig

the heli_extras_script.Takistan is a unpboed file (uncompressed) and goes into /YourProfile/Documents/Arma2OtherProfiles/YourProfileName/missions - it's to check how the script works in a test mission

Is it the same with steam!? eksample, my /Arma2otherprofiles does not show any folders! and there is no userconfig file in the Arma2 folder, and im playing AO ? dont get it man, i got other mods working, but this one is giving me trouble..! the error MSG is saying this /Include file userconfig\Heli_Extras\Heli_Extras_Settings.hpp not found. ..

THANK YOU for answering btw.. this mod is like freaking VITAL to the game!!

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:56 ----------

I think it is working now, at least the game is starting up, duuno how to test it though :) hehe, well i figure it out from here! thank you so much for your help!

the content (folder Heli_Extras) of the userconfig folder goes into the ....userconfig folder :) path: /ProgramFiles/BohemiaInteractive/Arma2/userconfig

the heli_extras_script.Takistan is a unpboed file (uncompressed) and goes into /YourProfile/Documents/Arma2OtherProfiles/YourProfileName/missions - it's to check how the script works in a test mission

i'm lost..it worked for me in the last mission , with left windows.. now it's not working anymore..What could be the issue for that? got userconfig, got key assigned.. as i said, worked one single time..i edited the mission a bit, started again..no dialog when i press left windows.. HELP

@Fruity_Rudy

I have had some problems with the system not working especially in the editor after multiple previews, since it uses CBA UI for the menu, I just add the Require CBA module while testing and then try to remove it when you pack it for the server and try it on the server.

@vendusio

The default key is the Left Windows Key and it works for me in multiplayer as long as the server allows it

@Kroky

I will notify Sickboy to update the version on six updater

Edit:

I have notified Sickboy, It should be up soon

Edited by fredkatz

i'm pretty sure i tried on our ded. server only..have to try again. We play ace again tonight, haven't played for ages. When i assign windows key in userconfig, will it add the heli dialog again to ace menu on right windows? i remeber using your older version and it was like that which was pretty nice..

i'm pretty sure i tried on our ded. server only..have to try again. We play ace again tonight, haven't played for ages. When i assign windows key in userconfig, will it add the heli dialog again to ace menu on right windows? i remeber using your older version and it was like that which was pretty nice..

It should add it to the ACE Menu automatically, there is a check to see if you are running ACE and add it to the self-interaction menu. Unless they changed the variable containing the self-interaction key, it should work.

Is there a way that it could be changed so that AI pilots always land at the designated LZ? I noticed when playing Domination (which is 90% of my gaming) if I map click an ammo drop or designate an artillery strike on the map the AI pilot will land at that point instead of the LZ I have marked.

capturemfm.jpg

Edited by Hillsbills

if you tell the pilot to fly next to your heliLZ he will land on that one, if that's the closest one..Works for me with several markers..

But Fred: Wenn i tell my ai pilot to go to 1000m (i'm also in the chopper wanna halo out) i cannot tell him to fly somewhere straight..He is flying like 4 seconds straight, then he's doing a turn and keeps flying in some kind of circle.. Do i have to be below 500m or sth. like that? I really don't get it .. So on 1000m it takes a lot of time for me to manually stop and navigate him to targets which are some clicks away..

I have been working on adding some new features to the airplane systems. You can now set a patrol area for your AI planes to fly. As well as set them "on station" to circle a given point. I have also been working on the heli taxi system.

@Hillsbills

The script must use a invisible helipad for the artillery targeting. The AI will land at the nearest helipad first then try to land in an open space that they think is big enough.

@Fruity_Rudy

I think it is a problem with the AI itself, because I have had that problem with helicopters when I set the height over 1000m.

It will probably be updated when I buy ArmA 3, and when it is fully released

hi fredkatz

thnx for the fantastic mod.

hope you develop a version for arma 3 in a near future.

wishes for the arma 3 version

- same as hillsbills: ai should always try to land at the designated landingzone

- maybe there is a way to set the order to move in the heli control window itself

-if possible add multiple waypoints (and more if possible with different heights for each waypoint)

- a very good improvement could be: controlling the speed of flight with your mod

maybe with 3 to 4 speed presets or via input of the speed.

hope the a3 engine give you more possibilities. the autonomous vehicles actuall have some good features.

loiter, height and so on, maybe more things for an easier developement for you.

looking forward to the a3 version. maybe you can contact nodunit and franze to work together.

their fresh released ah64 mod combined with your ai control could be a unbelivable experience.

thnx and cheers

johnny

Edited by johnnygitarr

thanks, I am glad it is useful for you. the ArmA 3 version is already in development since the beta, so it is coming soon

thanks, I am glad it is useful for you. the ArmA 3 version is already in development since the beta, so it is coming soon

Hi.!

I installed the Ai Heli Control mod, but does not work..

There is not interface/menu bar where i can handle the system..

Nothing..

Can anybody help please HOW TO install properly and use the mod.?!(I already have installed lot of mods are working properly, but this one not working..It has not description, how to launch this mod inside the game..Nothing info..Of course i have CO and CBA too..)

Thanks

edit - got it fixed somehow

by the way what's the fastest script to allow enemy AI to fastrope their own units in on a pre-defined area?

edit 2 - nope it's broke again. keeps landing on the spot and doesnt acknowledge the LZ. Frustrating.

Edited by Pulstar

edit - got it fixed somehow

Any idea's how you got this fixed? I'm a bit new to the Arma modding thing but I've followed the instructions and installed CBA then installed AI Heli Control and I get no menu. Tried the left Windows key, tried changing to another key that's not used by anything else in the config file and still no menu.

I got my game through Steam and I'm running the latest and greatest, I see the mods when I load up and in my expansions menu they're listed (albeit in an odd order...you'd think Arma2 would be top followed by OA, expansion and beta then the mods but the mods always end up at the top of the list) but still nothing. Does anyone have any idea's or am I stuck with a seriously game breaking fail in beta testing?:banghead:

Any help would be much appreciated

ThinkPad-Keyboard-Face-Off_g4-T420.jpg

This is the default key. what fails for me is getting the helo to adhere to the dropzone.

Tried that and nothing. I've also edited the config file to set the P key as the menu key:

class heli_extras

{

//Key to Open the Heli Extras Dialog

class Menu_Key

{

key = 25;

shift = 0;

alt = 0;

ctrl = 0;

};

};

But still nothing.

Is there any log files or anything else which would show whether CBA and Heli Control are working or not? Also does Heli Control and CBA work with the Harvest Red campaign as that's what I'm currently trying to play through (I'm loading Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead beta in Steam)

these addons should override any custom campaigns. Have you tried adding norrn_dbo_fastrope.pbo to heli_extras.pbo folder?