Sign in to follow this  
eggbeast

precisionEnemy in 1.60

yeah it was awful at the first patch 1.6 release, but I went in and tweaked the skill settings again. this was why i started the thread - I wanted to get a sense of

a) is this happening to everybody (and it was)

b) is it the precisionenemy setting failing or something else (and we now know it was)

c) what can be done about it (and that's where you guys all come in!)

if you were desparate to try the mission you can download a FIXED version here

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/GITSEvolutionSahrani_RACSV3.Sara.pbo

you need these mods though (which is why i was saying only if youre desperate)

sahrani

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/x.rar

RACS

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/@RACS.rar

and CBA which i presume you'll have

we have another 25 missions to work on at present - trying to fix a weird bug with respawning in some missions (after exactly 12 deaths you are stuck and have to reconnect - think its something to do with Xeventhandlers and CBA and certain classes of player but not sure yet) - the settings on this version above work ok.

At the start of this thread it explains how we edited evo to manage skill and how we used to use the profile to manage precision (ideal settings were skill 1.0 precision 0.2-0.3), but overwriting skill to match particular classes of enemy to higher skills.

we're using a profile setting of

skillEnemy=0.5;

then overriding it in the new version - we set the skill on a base of 0.2+random0.1 (using random 1/10 - ooh thats going to get a zero divisor!) then adding a further 0.1-0.3 (based on 1,2,3,4 or 5 /16) depending on their type. i recently upped the floor from 0.1 to 0.2 as in one game the enemy were just sitting about like they had lobotomies. they seem to be good on the server at the moment.

it's not ideal yet though - i still DO want to set the skill higher and keep the precision lower so i'm thinking of using setskill array in a test version using some of the lessons on here

the original stock mission of ours is here

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/GITSEvolutionV32.Chernarus.pbo

without a profile setting on it, you will inevitably be aimbotted.

Cool - I will give it a try (I am also looking at how the skills matrix affects the 'big stuff' like Evo). I have found so far that smaller missions don't seem to be affected so much by the precision-enemy changes when used in conjunction with a skills matrix (i.e the AI don't seem deadly when the matrix is in effect). However, the big stuff I have tested so far (a version of Warfare and some elements of MSO) do - it's probably because these big missions change the overall skill values on the fly which may be affecting the matrix - not sure!

Is the x.rar just the standard CAA1 or have you modded it at all?

EDIT ----> It looks like standard CAA1 so no need to answer that. It seems to be running OK on the server anyway! Going to have a play today!

Edited by Jedra

SP is rather unimportant to me, but I think this issue still is rather important in a way, pre .60 we could configure servers pretty nice. We might be able to do it now as well, we just need to find a way to do it. I've read all about "solutions", but I guess this is something we have to learn to live with. No offence Terox, but I was hoping this should be possible to solve without addons.

But the fact is, in AA2, we have lost the ability to keep a server in a certain state (e.g. veteran mode) constantly (compared to OFP), and now we have -1 server-side tweaking option.

I will, with no doubt, suggest these two options is added as server-side options in future releases of ArmA patches/games :)

Hi,

I recently wrote an addon that allows server admin's to change the AI skill values 'on the fly'. I know a lot of you are looking for answers from BI and particularly want the precision-enemy feature returned, but I wrote this mod partially, to help until a time that this occurs.

It's a client side addon, and as long as the server and connected clients are running CBA, it will work without anyone else having the mod installed.

I genuinely think it could help the situation - if it proves useful or 'nearly useful' then I am interested in how I can make it better.

It's here if you are interested.

SP is rather unimportant to me, but I think this issue still is rather important in a way, pre .60 we could configure servers pretty nice. We might be able to do it now as well, we just need to find a way to do it. I've read all about "solutions", but I guess this is something we have to learn to live with. No offence Terox, but I was hoping this should be possible to solve without addons.

But the fact is, in AA2, we have lost the ability to keep a server in a certain state (e.g. veteran mode) constantly (compared to OFP), and now we have -1 server-side tweaking option.

I will, with no doubt, suggest these two options is added as server-side options in future releases of ArmA patches/games :)

I know it's been stated here several times, but I'll do it again:

ASR_AI is an awsome mod to accomplish what you want. And the best: It's serverside only. Means: You can still run a vanilla server if you want. :)

We're using it at Tier1 with great effect. We love it. And no client has to install that mod, it only runs on the server.

Just mass movable of tickets target

this will be most welcome! thanks kju for bumping it