Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Project CDF

question: why do you have your own config for his weapons in the first place? if you needed to make changes to his weapons to suit your mod, you could just add a config (on-top-of) his config.

you could also rename his pbo, and just do a search-replace in your weapons pbo config to change the paths, yes?

if you'd like some help on this, i could give it a go as long as you give me some guidelines on how you want me to proceed.

I didn't want his config because I've made changes to the weapons already included in his config, but as you said I might just need to keep his config and add my stuff to his config and then everybody can be happy.

I can't simply do a pbo rename/change PBO prefix as the models within the pbo are binarised and they are looking specifically in vilas_aks for textures and material files. There's no real good way to get around this besides obtaining the MLODs, which I have already tried to do and was declined.

I can't simply do a pbo rename/change PBO prefix as the models within the pbo are binarised and they are looking specifically in vilas_aks for textures and material files. There's no real good way to get around this besides obtaining the MLODs, which I have already tried to do and was declined.
You can change the paths within binarized p3d's for years already mate :)

Use MoveP3d included with Mikero's excellent PboDLL tools. Check out the rest of his tools as well, they are must-have for any editing fanatic :)

You can change the paths within binarized p3d's for years already mate :)

Use MoveP3d included with Mikero's excellent PboDLL tools. Check out the rest of his tools as well, they are must-have for any editing fanatic :)

I thought moveP3D was only for MLODs... Well shit, I need to start using this tool.

I'm in class right now so I can't really test it.

I didn't want his config because I've made changes to the weapons already included in his config, but as you said I might just need to keep his config and add my stuff to his config and then everybody can be happy.
If the config is separate from the models/textures etc, then it's easy to just drop the original config and use your own.

However when both are integrated, it becomes more interesting, but not impossible:

1. Leave original PBO+config intact

2. Make own PBO+config, require the original config requiredAddons[] = {"theOriginalAddon"}.

3. Create own PCDF namespaced classes in your own config, inheriting from the original classes (class OriginalWeaponClass; class PCDF_NewWeaponClass : OriginalWeaponClass), and make the adjustments you wish.

Generally, always make sure the inheritance tree remains respected (of both the original game, and from custom addons).

Optionally, you can even override the original classes from within your addon. E.g scope = 1; them to hide them or do other things.

I think another option could be to use the delete keyword. Like class CfgWeapons { delete OriginalWeaponClass; };

and create your own classes from scratch (using the original ones as starting point).

but its been too long to remember if that actually allows deletion of classes :P

Edited by Sickboy

South Zagorian Army's Detached Reconnaisance Company.

This is an elite unit, under the direct command of the National Headquarters.

Unit members have received extensive training on long range reconnaisance, explosives and demolitions, marksmanship, hand-to-hand combat, communications, parachuting, mountain warfare, interrogation and emergency medical assistance.

The unit's insignia is a bat, as it is traditional in Soviet/Russian military intelligence reconnaisance units. "Bat" is also the unit's nickname and callsign.

English: Detached Reconnaisance Company, "Bat"

Russian: Oтдельный Pазведывательный Рота, "Рукокрылые"

Russian (phonetic): Otdelnyy Razvedyvatelnyy Rota, "Rukokrylyye"

Picture:

PRSZ_special_forces_01.jpg

Unit armpatch detail:

PRSZ_special_forces_04.jpg

Night operation, "Bat" infiltrating a Chernarussian airfield (Chernarussian Air Force MiG-29 on the background):

PRSZ_special_forces_02.jpg

Hi everyone, glad you like the last retextures, your support is the fuel to keep on the job.

A new exclusive preview: Beriev Be-32 light transport plane, both for CDF and PRSZ.

CDF Beriev Be-32 (on the background a CDF C130 for comparison):

Beriev_CDF_00.jpg

CDF Be-32 in flight:

Beriev_CDF_02.jpg

PRSZ Be-32:

Beriev_PRSZ_00.jpg

Inside of the PRSZ Be-32:

Beriev_PRSZ_01.jpg

A second picture inside of the Be-32, from the pilot's point of view:

Beriev_PRSZ_02.jpg

This addon is an Arma1 addon port to Arma2. It has been kindly donated to Project CDF by "granQ". Other co-authors of the addon: FW200 and ArmAtech.

It works 99% correctly, but with a bug on the glass of the windshield: when you are on first person view you cannot see the outside, so you must fly on 3rd person view. Tha AI has no problem on flying the plane.

Hope you will like the Be-32.

I would suggest fixing the glass bug, as some servers don't have 3rd person enabled. Also it would make it more of a complete addon if you did do.

I agree R0adki11, but I have made several tests and I don't know how to solve it. I have no knowledge about models or RVMATs. I'll appreciate if anyone can provide some help.

Hi there, after i updated my game install with Vilas_aks pack, i get this error message :

"Addon 'PCDF_Weapons' requires addon 'PCDF_VilasGuns''

What to do now ?

English: Detached Reconnaisance Company, "Bat"

Russian: OÑ‚Ð´ÐµÐ»ÑŒÐ½Ð°Ñ PÐ°Ð·Ð²ÐµÐ´Ñ‹Ð²Ð°Ñ‚ÐµÐ»ÑŒÐ½Ð°Ñ Ð Ð¾Ñ‚Ð°, "Ð›ÐµÑ‚ÑƒÑ‡Ð°Ñ Ð¼Ñ‹ÑˆÑŒ"

Russian (phonetic): Otdelnaya Razvedyvatelnaya Rota, "Letuchaya Mysh"

This will be correct translation:)

Hi there, after i updated my game install with Vilas_aks pack, i get this error message :

"Addon 'PCDF_Weapons' requires addon 'PCDF_VilasGuns''

What to do now ?

Ignore it for now. It basically means that the vilas eastern weapons pack won't work when you play with PCDF.

This has been solved for the next version.

I have no idea why, but it seems it would be very cool to see a war between CDF, US, UK, Germany and Russia, South Zagoria, Takistan and Iran.

I have no idea why, but it seems it would be very cool to see a war between CDF, US, UK, Germany and Russia, South Zagoria, Takistan and Iran.

The green sea region is definitely going to light up :)

I'll tell you that.

Now where oh where could you ever see that? ;)

Spooky Lynx: Thank you very much for the translation!!

alesh: Thanks for pointing out the AN-26 WIP. Are you the author of the AN-26? Have you got any possibility to contact him and inquiry if it will be possible to include the AN-26 in PCDF?

markb50k said:

At their full glory, would love to see a little RACS vs PCDF action. These two factions have gotten some serious reinforcements.

Yeah, that would be cool! Anyway from a political point of view Chernarus and Sahrani would probably be close allies. Remember that both countries have suffered in recent years armed conflicts with left-wing/communist groups (SLA, ChDKZ) that threatened their countries integrity (annexation by the Democratic Republic of Sahrani, independence of South Zagoria) and both have received US support on the fight.

Indeed on the Project RACS thread "Sgt Mack" posted many interesting stories written from the point of view of a USMC/Chernarus/Sahrani liaison officer, as if RACS had taken active part on the Chernarus civil war backing the CDF:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?87158-Project-RACS/page83

If you placed Sahrani island somewhere in the Green Sea you could get something similar to the real life Gulf Cooperation Council on the Armaverse, formed by Chernarus and Sahrani (Green Sea Cooperation Council??). Or even a more ambitious modern cold war:

BluFor: NATO + Chernarus + Sahrani + Afrenia + Nogova

OpFor: Russia + PRSZ + Takistan + China + Molatia

But this is the greatness of the Armaverse, you can design any situation you like, you can have the Russians as allies or you can start a war between France and United Kingdom!! For instance I personally feel sympathetic for the PRSZ, I don't like the story of "PRSZ are communist evils". I drafted a backstory for the PRSZ that sets the lights and shadows of both Chernarussians and ethnic Russians during the civil war and the events prior to it, this way I feel comfortable playing both CDF and PRSZ in a highly motivated way, I know why they fight, they are not only some units randomly placed on the editor.

Chernarussian police van modified: Taking as a base Gossamer's great initial textures I've added "GM" markings on the sides, Interior Ministry shield on the driver/copilot doors and police insignia on the rear door. I hope that it looks more "police" now.

CDF_police_van_01.jpg

Spooky Lynx: Thank you very much for the translation!!

alesh: Thanks for pointing out the AN-26 WIP. Are you the author of the AN-26? Have you got any possibility to contact him and inquiry if it will be possible to include the AN-26 in PCDF?

markb50k said:

Yeah, that would be cool! Anyway from a political point of view Chernarus and Sahrani would probably be close allies. Remember that both countries have suffered in recent years armed conflicts with left-wing/communist groups (SLA, ChDKZ) that threatened their countries integrity (annexation by the Democratic Republic of Sahrani, independence of South Zagoria) and both have received US support on the fight.

Indeed on the Project RACS thread "Sgt Mack" posted many interesting stories written from the point of view of a USMC/Chernarus/Sahrani liaison officer, as if RACS had taken active part on the Chernarus civil war backing the CDF:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?87158-Project-RACS/page83

If you placed Sahrani island somewhere in the Green Sea you could get something similar to the real life Gulf Cooperation Council on the Armaverse, formed by Chernarus and Sahrani (Green Sea Cooperation Council??). Or even a more ambitious modern cold war:

BluFor: NATO + Chernarus + Sahrani + Afrenia + Nogova

OpFor: Russia + PRSZ + Takistan + China + Molatia

But this is the greatness of the Armaverse, you can design any situation you like, you can have the Russians as allies or you can start a war between France and United Kingdom!! For instance I personally feel sympathetic for the PRSZ, I don't like the story of "PRSZ are communist evils". I drafted a backstory for the PRSZ that sets the lights and shadows of both Chernarussians and ethnic Russians during the civil war and the events prior to it, this way I feel comfortable playing both CDF and PRSZ in a highly motivated way, I know why they fight, they are not only some units randomly placed on the editor.

You could go so far as to name every popular addon out there's units

BluFor: NATO, UN, Chernarus, Saharani, Nogova, Takistani Militia, Afrenian Army, Japan Self Defense Forces, RACs, Lingor Army

Opfor: PRSZ, Russia, Takistani Army and Insurgents, Iran, China, Molatian Army, Chedaki Insurgents

Unknown/none: Predators, Undead, Zetaborn Aliens.

The Predators and Zetaborn aliens arrive at Earth after a long feuded war between them. The Zetaborn aliens have come to harvest natural resources of the planet and actively assault human fronts and defenses, laying waste to both sides. The Predators, who have no interest in conflict with the humans, or Earth's resources only engage against humans when necessary but also help human forces fight against the Zetaborn aliens. The Zetaborn aliens deploy artificial viruses on human populations on the south, killing and reanimating them, hoping that they can easily swarm predators and be easier to take out. However, the Zeta forces on the ground were not equipped for virus combat and often themselves fell to it, creating a hazard for surviving forces. The Predators unique cloaking devices also made them perfectly hidden from the Undead, rendering the Undead useless in any advantage for the zetaborns. However, even with a rise in extra-terrestrial conflict, human forces are still in mind of control over the south region (Since the Zeta and Predators only deployed over the Southeast Asian regions.).

Snow camouflage for PRSZ.

These are just some retextured militiamen and special forces, PRSZ camo substituted for an all-white cover, with green sprays here and there (inspired on the russian "Klyaksa" camouflage).

South Zagorian militia during winter warfare exercise "Valiant Guardian 2012" (the group on the picture are volunteers from Grishino village):

PRSZ_snow_01.jpg

The unit's task on the exercise consisted on tracking and arresting an enemy pilot downed by the national air defense. Mission completed:

PRSZ_snow_02.jpg

Picture on the way back home, two bottles of warm vodka waited on the barracks:

PRSZ_snow_03.jpg

On the next morning during a patrol on the Chernarussian border the unit received mortar fire from the Chernarussian positions. On the picture an injured militiaman crawls for cover:

PRSZ_snow_04.jpg

A second militiaman attended by one of the special forces soldiers who were instructing the unit in winter warfare:

PRSZ_snow_05.jpg

Note: The island is Thirsk winter. Winter camouflaged vehicles (T72, BM-21) and objects (MG nest) are from "KuiK's Winter Camo Pack". Unless Gossamer says otherwise do not expect winter camo vehicles from PCDF, just use Kuik's, they are great.