Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Project CDF

I've been trying to fix the artillery computer for the 2S1, but I can't figure it out. It always overshoots targets by like 1KM.

Vilas' East Weapons pack will be included with PCDF from now on (or until I can get some MLODs from him). Luckily this means there will be a lot of new fun infantry weapons to play around with.

News in the PCDF world:

Russian forces have entered South Zagoria after various exchanges of gunfire have broken out within the unstable region of South Zagoria. Chernarus is condeming this action calling it "an invasion on Chernarussian soil", Russia on the other hand claims they are merely there to protect the lives of Russian citizens living within the South Zagoria region.

Western Analysts are predicting a major conflict breaking out in the region within the next few months after large amounts of arms have illegally made their way into the area. The UN imposed an arms ban on the area following the recent conflict in 2009.

I've been trying to fix the artillery computer for the 2S1, but I can't figure it out. It always overshoots targets by like 1KM.

Vilas' East Weapons pack will be included with PCDF from now on (or until I can get some MLODs from him). Luckily this means there will be a lot of new fun infantry weapons to play around with.

News in the PCDF world:

Sounds exciting.. muahahah.

As for the artillery issue, do you add new ballistics for the 2S1's gun, or is it using an already configured weapon class?

FYI, i am adding AI-ran Artillery support in Apocalypse, including support for 2S1. I am having it mimic the D30 in ballistics and using a virtual arty logic co-located with the gun doing the actual firing, with the gun firing blanks so to speak (fired EH removes the shell as soon as its fired). works pretty well.

Sounds exciting.. muahahah.

As for the artillery issue, do you add new ballistics for the 2S1's gun, or is it using an already configured weapon class?

FYI, i am adding AI-ran Artillery support in Apocalypse, including support for 2S1. I am having it mimic the D30 in ballistics and using a virtual arty logic co-located with the gun doing the actual firing, with the gun firing blanks so to speak (fired EH removes the shell as soon as its fired). works pretty well.

The 2S1's gun inherits from the D-30, only thing that is different is the display name.

I think it has something to do with the max angle of the 2S1's gun (I don't think it goes high enough).

yeah, battlefield-aware friendly fire-support AI units would be invaluable asset ingame, as much as it does in real-life :)

yeah, battlefield-aware friendly fire-support AI units would be invaluable asset ingame, as much as it does in real-life :)

Yup, I leave things like that to mission designers. Don't want to force 3rd party scripts into the base units.

I'm merely providing units and weapons for people to play around with.

The 2S1's gun inherits from the D-30, only thing that is different is the display name.

I think it has something to do with the max angle of the 2S1's gun (I don't think it goes high enough).

Not exactly sure how it works when you are in the vehicle at the artillery computer, but the base artillery module functionality, i.e. fired from AI, only moves the barrel up for "appearance". The BIS module deletes the shell and then pretty much walks a replacement round in. If people use spawnMode true, then it shouldnt matter the angle of the gun either, since it just spawns a round above the target area at the right flight time expiration.

So im guessing the overshot only affect player fired rounds?

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:01 ----------

Oh, just thought of something else, if the CfgWeapons entry is a new name it will not use the right ballistics because it looks at this table, established in the BIS Arty module

BIS_ARTY_ORDTYPES =         [ ["M119", "HE",    "ARTY_30Rnd_105mmHE_M119"],
                             ["M119", "WP",    "ARTY_30Rnd_105mmWP_M119"],
                             ["M119", "SADARM","ARTY_30Rnd_105mmSADARM_M119"],
                             ["M119", "LASER", "ARTY_30Rnd_105mmLASER_M119"],
                             ["M119", "ILLUM", "ARTY_30Rnd_105mmILLUM_M119"],
                             ["M119", "SMOKE", "ARTY_30Rnd_105mmSMOKE_M119"],
                             ["D30",  "HE",    "ARTY_30Rnd_122mmHE_D30"],
                             ["D30",  "WP",    "ARTY_30Rnd_122mmWP_D30"],
                             ["D30",  "SADARM","ARTY_30Rnd_122mmSADARM_D30"],
                             ["D30",  "LASER", "ARTY_30Rnd_122mmLASER_D30"],
                             ["D30",  "ILLUM", "ARTY_30Rnd_122mmILLUM_D30"],
                             ["D30",  "SMOKE", "ARTY_30Rnd_122mmSMOKE_D30"],
                             ["M256", "HE",    "20Rnd_120mmHE_M1A2"],
                             ["D81",  "HE",    "22Rnd_125mmHE_T72"],
                             ["GRAD", "HE",    "ARTY_40Rnd_120mmHE_BM21"],
                             ["M252", "HE",    "ARTY_8Rnd_81mmHE_M252"],
                             ["M252", "WP",    "ARTY_8Rnd_81mmWP_M252"],
                             ["M252", "ILLUM", "ARTY_8Rnd_81mmILLUM_M252"],                              
                             ["2B14", "HE",    "ARTY_8Rnd_82mmHE_2B14"],
                             ["2B14", "WP",    "ARTY_8Rnd_82mmWP_2B14"],
                             ["2B14", "ILLUM", "ARTY_8Rnd_82mmILLUM_2B14"],
                             ["MLRS", "HE",    "ARTY_12Rnd_227mmHE_M270"],
                             ["MLRS", "LASER", "ARTY_12Rnd_227mmHE_M270"]
                           ];

it searches for the weapon name in the 0 index. it looks for an EXACT match on the classname (Inheritance by itself doesnt work). You would need to add the Weapon class name to this array. BIS does provide a function to add it.

// Add an ordnance type. Must be executed on the server to work.
BIS_ARTY_F_AddOrdnanceType =
{
       private ["_weapon", "_type", "_magazine"];
       _weapon = _this select 0;
       _type = _this select 1;
       _magazine = _this select 2;

BIS_ARTY_ORDTYPES = BIS_ARTY_ORDTYPES + [[_weapon, _type, _magazine]];
};

so you would have to add this to the vehicle init, after the artillery logic is initialized...

waitUntil {Sleep 5; !(IsNil "BIS_ARTY_F_AddOrdnanceType")};
                             { _x call BIS_ARTY_F_AddOrdnanceType} forEach [
                             ["2S1 gun classname",  "HE",    "ARTY_30Rnd_122mmHE_D30"] 
                             ["2S1 gun classname",  "WP",    "ARTY_30Rnd_122mmWP_D30"],
                             ["2S1 gun classname",  "SADARM","ARTY_30Rnd_122mmSADARM_D30"],
                             ["2S1 gun classname",  "LASER", "ARTY_30Rnd_122mmLASER_D30"],
                             ["2S1 gun classname",  "ILLUM", "ARTY_30Rnd_122mmILLUM_D30"],
                             ["2S1 gun classname",  "SMOKE", "ARTY_30Rnd_122mmSMOKE_D30"]
                             ];

Edited by markb50k

I'm kindly willing to give a 3D model of FN FNC made by my friend for me if you would like to add that into PCDF ;)

I am kind of shit in making weapons and make them work properly and I think It would be nice having custom weapons in the mod specially with variant of it e.g. with ACOG's and so on.

If you want let me know in PM and I will give it to you as I love this mod!

This is how he looks without textures (no worries it has textures with it)

fnc.jpg

Untitled.jpg its missing a mount rail somehow but it should have it, I will let my friend know about it.

Edited by Sakowski

That looks beautiful, I'll take weapon model donations if you want to provide them (of course full credits will be given).

EDIT: The long awaited CDF Desert camo (WIP)

desertWIP.jpg

Edited by GossamerSolid

Dude, yes. Desert infantry units looking good. Have you thought about making that vest tan? It would look awesome with tan gear and those woodland bdu's

Dude, yes. Desert infantry units looking good. Have you thought about making that vest tan? It would look awesome with tan gear and those woodland bdu's

The ammo vest will have the same pattern as the uniform soon, just didn't have time to do it yet.

I love the desert camo! great work! Model has been send in PM.

Thanks, I got it. I'll work on it when possible.

On the side, I'm also working on wound textures for infantry (as I noticed all my new infantry lack wound textures).

All new vehicles have Damaged/Destroyed textures as well now.

Here's the beautiful FN FNC model that Sakowski provided me:

fnfnc.jpg

It has been UVmapped along with attached RVMat/NOHQ/SMDI materials/textures done. Sections need some naming, a few more lods need to be made and it should be ingame worthy.

speaking of which, did you manage to get what ever you wanted fixed that you kept PM'ing me about? :D

speaking of which, did you manage to get what ever you wanted fixed that you kept PM'ing me about? :D

I kept PM'ing you?

Remind me, Via PM :)

EDIT:

FN FNC M203 (I don't know if it exists IRL, but it does in PCDF)

fnfncgl.jpg

Edited by GossamerSolid

Sorry mate I forgot to mention I meant Sakowski

I kept PM'ing you?

Remind me, Via PM :)

EDIT:

FN FNC M203 (I don't know if it exists IRL, but it does in PCDF)

http://thegamewardens.net/pcdf/fnfncgl.jpg

Damn amazing! I knew you would do nice work with it! looking forward to test this baby that we 18th worked hard :D

@Slatts: Sadly Im kinda busy and no way to get it fixed :-|

As well for the grenade launcher I think GP-30 or 34 is it, fits better!

The swedish army is using some versions of the FNC with M203 so, yea it exists. :)

The FN looks really sweet, the GL version would be a good replacement for the Taki's M16 M203...just something to think about ;)

Question though, the desert CDF units are using those Russian vests, wouldn't it make more sense to use an American vest instead (or something western as opposed to eastern)? Doesn't really matter when it comes down to it though, just from a 'realism' viewpoint.

The FN looks really sweet, the GL version would be a good replacement for the Taki's M16 M203...just something to think about ;)

Question though, the desert CDF units are using those Russian vests, wouldn't it make more sense to use an American vest instead (or something western as opposed to eastern)? Doesn't really matter when it comes down to it though, just from a 'realism' viewpoint.

That's because the units I showed are the Eastern Equiped CDF Troops, that model will be replacing the usage of the BIS "regular" CDF troops within PCDF now (since I have more control over it such as backpacks).

The western equipped desert troops will use the same equip they have right now, but they'll have these desert camo colours.

Awesome work, I was on the fence on whether or not to request the FN FAL/FNC models in the request thread and here we have an excellent model. This is a permanent mod in my case, so it will be nice to see in game :)

Did you manage to get the name of the modeller and permission from him personally? Assuming that Sakowski does not have this man's power of attorney, permission must be provided by the artist in some form. Being a modeller and knowing other modellers, the usual thing is not for a modeller to give out his max file to non-modellers for them to open in max for some reason... of course a non modeller has 3ds max... and then to tell them to share it with whomever for use in whatever.

Did you manage to get the name of the modeller and permission from him personally? Assuming that Sakowski does not have this man's power of attorney, permission must be provided by the artist in some form. Being a modeller and knowing other modellers, the usual thing is not for a modeller to give out his max file to non-modellers for them to open in max for some reason... of course a non modeller has 3ds max... and then to tell them to share it with whomever for use in whatever.

In the PM I got, it says "For credits you can simply add 18th Pechotni Pluk Tactical Realism Unit".

Sakowski, who exactly within your unit made this model?

In the PM I got, it says "For credits you can simply add 18th Pechotni Pluk Tactical Realism Unit".

Sakowski, who exactly within your unit made this model?

AtomicTim, it was directly made for 18THPP all from a picture so no need to worry about the copyrighting can even get him to post here that he made if you so want Max Power

AtomicTim, it was directly made for 18THPP all from a picture so no need to worry about the copyrighting can even get him to post here that he made if you so want Max Power

No reply? Must be good enough then.