Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Project CDF

WOW! Stealth tank!

I am also curious as to what is the problem with the 2s1 ?

@Gossamer: I love the new infantry :) But for the future could you consider adding a unit with patrol cap? I mean, IF you decide to continue modeling ;)

and with regards to the navy: Scars09 made a nice boat pack back in the Armed Assault days that works more or less okay in Arma II, so as a stop gap method, one could use those as they it included a Nanuchka class boat.

Link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4600

Thank you for these lovely toys!

Thank you very much for the 1.04 release Gossamer !!!

One thing I've noticed, it may be a slip or maybe you have made it deliberately: On the western troops, the marking "US" can be seen on some of the pouches they carry around the waist.

And one question, you have added some new units to the PRSZ Militia side, with woodland trousers and Eastern style camo jackets. Is this a new model/retexture? or is it a existing ChDKZ character moved to the PRSZ faction? Anyway they look great!

Thank you very much for the 1.04 release Gossamer !!!

One thing I've noticed, it may be a slip or maybe you have made it deliberately: On the western troops, the marking "US" can be seen on some of the pouches they carry around the waist.

And one question, you have added some new units to the PRSZ Militia side, with woodland trousers and Eastern style camo jackets. Is this a new model/retexture? or is it a existing ChDKZ character moved to the PRSZ faction? Anyway they look great!

That is deliberately, same with the vest still being in US Woodland camo. The equipment was donated by the US and it was decided to be kept that way :)

The Militia soldiers on the PRSZ use the Chedaki grenadier camo, but they don't have a facemask on anymore.

WOW! Stealth tank!

I am also curious as to what is the problem with the 2s1 ?

@Gossamer: I love the new infantry :) But for the future could you consider adding a unit with patrol cap? I mean, IF you decide to continue modeling ;)

and with regards to the navy: Scars09 made a nice boat pack back in the Armed Assault days that works more or less okay in Arma II, so as a stop gap method, one could use those as they it included a Nanuchka class boat.

Link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4600

Thank you for these lovely toys!

The problem he's having with the 2S1 is that there is no crosshair. I think that has to do with ACE to be honest as I don't have that issue.

There is another issue with the 2S1 where the artillery computer overshoots the target by about 200-300m, I'm still trying to figure that one out. There's very little documentation on the artillery computer configuration.

Can you show me what you mean by a patrol cap soldier? Maybe a picture or something.

As for the boats, I'll contact the author for MLODs, but don't hold your breath, they aren't going to be anywhere near the top of my list :)

A.C.E should add this stuff to the CDF in their mod. I love A.C.E, though, which is why I'm thinking about whether to get this or not cause it's probably not compatible with A.C.E. or at least some of the vehicles aren't.

Meh, it's no big deal. I may just get the mod anyway and deal with it.

What problem is that?

If ACE is the case will the mod need a ACE compatible config?

If ACE is the case will the mod need a ACE compatible config?

yes it will

I've been playing this afternoon with Sander's RCIR CDF Special Forces addon and I have made a little modification for personal use to test my texturing capabilities, these should be the Chernarussian Interior Ministry troops:

Chernarus_Interior_Ministry_troops.png

At least I have managed to remove the black hood (the base for this model is the Russian MVD operator, so setting faceType = "Man"; was enough); and I have managed to place it on the CDF faction.

I also wanted to turn the vest to black, maybe with the ÐœÐ¸Ð»Ð¸Ñ†Ð¸Ñ (Militia) wording on the back on yellow, (like the guy on the far right side of the following picture:

mvd18.jpg

maybe even with the Chernarus flag on the shoulder or chest, as PCDF's werternized troops. But after four hours I have surrendered, I can't manage the layer stuff on GIMP.

Gossamer, if you accept more requests I would ask you to give a shot at these units for the next release, and maybe even to the other more Spetsnaz like units by Sander:

3-rcir_cdf_01.jpg

As talking about CDF SOF what's the status of the unit you showed us a picture las week? The looked pretty well, it was a pitty not have them at release 1.04. Here it goes the picture:

cdfsf.jpg

Best regards,

Asier

Edited: Resized a picture size

The new pack looks great. This is a huge expansion for the cdf faction. did you ever think about adding some of this stuff to the UN CDF faction? They are in dire need of some hardware.

Before anybody says it, yes it's not realistic, but do I care? Nope.

It's realistic, Cubans had made the same kind of vehicle, D-30 on BMP-1 chassis.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/122m1.jpg/

And what about the personnel who will maintain the gun? Will it be on the top of the hull? Maybe it's better to make some kind of roofless turret?

Edited by Spooky Lynx

More of the randomly put together stuff would be great for expanding the NAPA faction as well...insurgent group doing what they can with what they've got. I could see all kinds of cool stuff resulting from that. New update is great, been playing with it non stop lately. Awesome work man :)

The CDF Special forces shown from before will make it into 1.05. They will be the only special forces on the CDF for now, in the future more will probably come.

I got premission from Sander to use his CDF Special forces, but I think I'll save that look for the PRSZ instead (of course using their camo colours instead).

For the D-30 on the BMP-1 chassis, I was going to have the gunner underneath the turret using new controls built so that the gunner could be safe from outside attack.

I can move some of the new stuff over to the UN faction in the long run, but it's not one of my priorities right now.

All NAPA forces have either: been killed, thrown down their arms or folded into the CDF, so they don't exist anymore in the PCDF timeline. There will be a new resistance force (haven't decided their motive or look yet). Might just be a generic resistance faction with armed civilians, ex military, mercenaries, etc for use of people that want to use them in missions.

Main focus right now is on the PRSZ and CDF, but you might see other factions in the future (no ETA).

For the D-30 on the BMP-1 chassis, I was going to have the gunner underneath the turret using new controls built so that the gunner could be safe from outside attack.

I suppose it wouldn't look well because of loading and aiming processes. Operating such gun from the inside of the BMP hull would require some systems similar to those in Marder IFV for example. And I doubt that PRSZ engineers have enough skills for making some kind of RWS with D-30 gun:) Such guns are operated either from open platform attached to the rear of the hull (where loader and gunner stand) or from roofless turret (just as in Cuban one). Hatches in the hull's roof may be used for taking the shells out of the hull by loader. This turret will make this vehicle look more correct, and crew sitting at such turret (with using vanilla D-30 crew anims) won't require some additional custom anims. I know it's possible to make a shot from the hull using the cord, but how about loading process?

Thanks for attending the suggestions Gossamer!! I'm sure that the Spetsnaz with PRSZ colours will look great!

I suppose it wouldn't look well because of loading and aiming processes. Operating such gun from the inside of the BMP hull would require some systems similar to those in Marder IFV for example. And I doubt that PRSZ engineers have enough skills for making some kind of RWS with D-30 gun:) Such guns are operated either from open platform attached to the rear of the hull (where loader and gunner stand) or from roofless turret (just as in Cuban one). Hatches in the hull's roof may be used for taking the shells out of the hull by loader. This turret will make this vehicle look more correct, and crew sitting at such turret (with using vanilla D-30 crew anims) won't require some additional custom anims. I know it's possible to make a shot from the hull using the cord, but how about loading process?

I will need an MLOD for a roofless turret, any suggestions where I should ask for one (I can't model myself).

Maybe the ZPU-57-2 from SuperRat? D-30 might fit into that turret (basing that off of memory).

I will need an MLOD for a roofless turret, any suggestions where I should ask for one (I can't model myself).

Maybe the ZPU-57-2 from SuperRat? D-30 might fit into that turret (basing that off of memory).

ZSU's turret has two loopholes for S-60 guns, you will need to make a single one in the front part of the turret. If you can not make a turret by yourself - wouldn't it be better just to add some simple seats and boxes to the roof of BMP hull and place gunner and loader with standart D-30 anims? Thinking of the role for such SPH, the most suitable one will be fire from ambush and quick escape or direct fire from long range while supporting assault or advance. So standart D-30 shield for crew defence will be enough.

Hi! What do you think about make parade units from all formations- infantry, air force and navy? Do you want to make this units in future?

How about leave the controls on top of the BMP-1 Chassis, and have it so the the reason they have mounted a D-30 on top of the BMP is to make it keep up with armoured units.:)

Alternatively cut a hole in the BMP-1 Chassis at the top and have the controls inside the armoured belly of the BMP-1 and the barrel can poke out the top, not sure if that makes sense, to change the way the barrel points you would move the BMP-1.

Alternatively cut a hole in the BMP-1 Chassis at the top and have the controls inside the armoured belly of the BMP-1 and the barrel can poke out the top, not sure if that makes sense, to change the way the barrel points you would move the BMP-1.

That's actually a pretty good idea

You mean like a turretless tank destroyer (kinda like german jagdpanzer?) if so it should be a low vehicle since the bmp chasis is also pretty low... would really make sense to ambush with these vehicles in forests and such...

BMT-30 (I shrunk a 2S3 turret and put it on top of the BMP-1, it looks pretty good I'd say)

bmt30.jpg

BMT-AAM

bmtaam.jpg

You mean like a turretless tank destroyer (kinda like german jagdpanzer?) if so it should be a low vehicle since the bmp chasis is also pretty low... would really make sense to ambush with these vehicles in forests and such...

Yea thats the sort of thing i was talking about, i may use the concept for something for my Nogovan Armed Forces :)

@GossamerSolid nice looking BMPT variants, how about a repair variant and a recon one?

Those vehicles look great Gossamer, congratulations for a well done job!

If you feel like working with more planes there's a chance to get a Sukhoi Su-22 ground attack plane to ChDKZ or PRSZ side.

On May 2011 "Franze" released several unfinished planes (Su-22, MiG-23 and AN-12):

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14228

The Su-22 is 99% done, except for a couple of textures on the cockpit, although I'm sure that we can live without them. It shows the Sahrani Liberation Army emblem, which is very similar to the spray painted ChDKZ red star. Even the green and sand libery is very similar to the one used by ChDKZ on its vehicles. It would be necessary to make a small cpp modification to set it on the ChDKZ or PRSZ side.

Su_22_by_Franze.jpg

Unfortunately the MiG-23 interceptor would require more work, it even doesn't have engine sound.

Best regards,

Asier

Yea thats the sort of thing i was talking about, i may use the concept for something for my Nogovan Armed Forces

@GossamerSolid nice looking BMPT variants, how about a repair variant and a recon one?

Yeah really neat looking bmps gossamer. The turret looks good, a question tough, is the turret fixed or can you turn it? imo the barrel looks a bit heavy to turn with that turret however its of course your choice to make :)

About a recon version the soviets made the brm version as a recon vehicle (i don't know exactly what you had in mind when you said that, but im just saying that a recon version alredy exists though it might be a bit out of date)

last note looking forward to such a concept for nogova :)