Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Project CDF

I really enjoy all this new stuff. Especially the MiG-21 since somehow I have never used it even though it has been modded into every game since OFP.

I was going to comment on that missing texture too.

Any chance of getting the new CDF guys under something like Men (PCDF) or something like that instead of mixed in with the originals. Additionally, groups for the infantry and vehicles would be good too.

These may not be problems you could solve but I thought I would post it:

UH-60

1. Flares spawn inside body of helicopter and fall

UH-60 w/ FFAR

1. No Flares

UH-60 w/ Hellfire and FFAR

1. Can't see Hellfires on Rack
  2. There are two gunners who sit inside one another
  3. There is a mini-gun available that isn't in the model
  4. No Flares

Edited by Jakerod

Any chance of getting the new CDF guys under something like Men (PCDF) or something like that instead of mixed in with the originals. Additionally, groups for the infantry and vehicles would be good too.

I'd rather keep the main infantry all grouped together. I will definetly look into groups for the future.

These may not be problems you could solve but I thought I would post it:

UH-60

1. Flares spawn inside body of helicopter and fall

UH-60 w/ FFAR

1. No Flares

UH-60 w/ Hellfire and FFAR

1. Can't see Hellfires on Rack
  2. There are two gunners who sit inside one another
  3. There is a mini-gun available that isn't in the model
  4. No Flares

I'll take a look at them.

EDIT: I can see the hellfires on the rack. I can confirm the flares issues on all three of them.

As for the other two you mentioned, can you take a picture?

Edited by GossamerSolid

Howdy!

Been playing around with the addon a bit and I must say: I love it! Big thank you Gossamer!

I love the T62, will you add variants like the ones planed for the T55 in the future? I have seen pictures of these tanks with the Kontakt 5 package and since you are allready 'on it' :) (just asking, not requesting btw)

But I noticed a couple of things:

I can't see the Hellfires on the UH 60 either

and:

The elevators (don't know if it's the correct term) on the Mig29 are animated the wrong way, when you go into a dive they point 'upwards' and vice versa.

The MiG-29 doesn't seem to have any incoming missile indicator on it. I would think that it would since the MiG-21 has it but I suppose I could be wrong.

Is there a way where i can change the Vehicles dislplay name?

exp. I want to change "T-62" to the T-62A

Edited by TheOmegaX

There are two ways..

1. Ask GossamerSolid nicely and he might change them for the next release IF they are currently incorrect.

2. Make your own replacement config and change the names using that.

I love the update! thanks for the great mod.

However i don't know if it has been discussed but the su 34 is quite a new aircraft serving in russian air force...

Since the first prototype flight was 1990 and it has only been in production since 2007 i don't think Russia would sell them off to CDF after harvest red.

However you could of course explain it away with the CDF while retaking chernarus found some abandoned aircraft which they repainted or reverse engineerd or whatever...

(It's of course Gossamer's mod and he's defenetly free to do whatever he wants with it, just bringing my 2 cents to the table)

The MiG-29 doesn't seem to have any incoming missile indicator on it. I would think that it would since the MiG-21 has it but I suppose I could be wrong.

Thanks, I'll fix this for 1.4

I'll have it changed for 1.4, as for right now, just dePBO PCDF_Armor and edit the config file to your likings, I don't mind.

However you could of course explain it away with the CDF while retaking chernarus found some abandoned aircraft which they repainted or reverse engineerd or whatever...

They were stolen. The CDF technically only own 2 of them, so if/when I make a campaign having to do with this timeline, it'll be explained there :)

Updated on Six Updater Network.

Thanks Sickboy!

Have issues with proxy for guner and pilot for UH-60*

Have issues with proxy for guner and pilot for UH-60*

Care to elaborate?

Thanks Gossamer solid your the bet!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

Are you going to be adding the T-80BV to the CDF and PRSZ side in 1.04?

They were stolen. The CDF technically only own 2 of them, so if/when I make a campaign having to do with this timeline, it'll be explained there

okej good explanasion really looking forward to a campaign if you make one :)

Thanks Gossamer solid your the bet!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

Perhaps be content with what has been released so far, addon making takes time.

@GossamerSolid keep up the great work!

Edited by R0adki11

I don't know if it'll be in 1.04 or not, but the T-80U will be going to the CDF and the T-80BV will be going to the PRSZ

@GossamerSolid keep up the great work!

Thanks man, can't wait to see your new novogan armor in action!

Very nice pack, reminds me Transnistrian conflict.

One request: could you use Vilas' T-72 model with NSVT MG? Is it possible?

Thanks man, can't wait to see your new nogovan armor in action!

Hopefully will release it next week, just need to fix the commander optics, as they only move side to side only at the moment.

Was the T-80U Bought from Ukraine?

I would imagine that the CDF bought them from the Ukraine, or maybe some were captured from the Russians after Harvest Red.

Was the T-80U Bought from Ukraine?

Sure

Very nice pack, reminds me Transnistrian conflict.

One request: could you use Vilas' T-72 model with NSVT MG? Is it possible?

Thanks man, I'm glad you like it.

I can definetly look into using his T-72 in the future, I have the MLOD to it, just haven't had time to implement it.

dosent the T-72 already have the NSVT on it in the game?

No, it has a DSHKM

Isn't the Ukrainian T-80 version the T-84? Or is that a completely different tank all together? I'm not all the knowledgable on russian armor.

Isn't the Ukrainian T-80 version the T-84? Or is that a completely different tank all together? I'm not all the knowledgable on russian armor.

According to wikipedia:

The T-84 is a Ukrainian main battle tank, a development of the Soviet T-80 main battle tank. It was first built in 1994 and entered service in the Ukrainian Armed Forces in 1999. The T-84 is based on the diesel-engined T-80 version, the T-80UD. Its high-performance engine makes it one of the fastest MBTs in the world, with a power-to-weight ratio of about 26 horsepower per tonne (19 kW/t). The T-84 Oplot is an advanced version incorporating an armoured ammunition compartment in a new turret bustle; ten of these entered Ukrainian service in 2001. The T-84-120 Yatagan is a prototype model intended for export, mounting a 120 mm gun capable of firing standard NATO ammunition and guided missiles.

And according to this page of Wikipedia: T-80 Models the T-80U is Russian or at the very least used by Russians so it is possible some were left behind in Chernarus. According to my history/facts of Chernarus that I adapted and created for GSEP there is a larger training base near Kirovograd. Perhaps when the SU fell some of them got left behind at the training base.

Edited by Jakerod