Sign in to follow this  
ghost123

p3d model ingame problem

I edited bis example model and put it in game adn in editor but always when i mission on loading screen in editor game crash. I tyr with unbinarized and to binarize model but always same happen.

What can be problem?

Don't expect much help .... because you're playing with fire my friend, you are not allowed to unbinarize BIS models .....

"example" or "sample", 2 different things.

And why would you unbinarize a sample model ??!!

Either way ghost, too much info ..... or not enough info

I think he meant he tried it binarised and unbinarised ,thats how i read it and the folder for latest are in an example folder so i think he does mean the example models as he wrote

Needs more info on what changes tho for more input .

I think he meant he tried it binarised and unbinarised ,thats how i read it

Needs more info on what changes tho for more input .

Yes, that's what I mean.

Gnat;2080363']Don't expect much help .... because you're playing with fire my friend' date=' you are not allowed to unbinarize BIS models .....[/quote']

This is only for personal use. I will not publish any addon because i just trying to learn modding ArmA that's everything.

This is only for personal use. I will not publish any addon because i just trying to learn modding ArmA that's everything.

well if you using example models you can release under that licence to arma2 - oa , this will help with feedback also ;).

Now you need to list what :

model used

changes made

arma.rpt for error information

well if you using example models you can release under that licence to arma2 - oa , this will help with feedback also ;).

Now you need to list what :

model used

changes made

arma.rpt for error information

Model Used: ArmA 2 Sample Model

I change some vertex positions on helmet

arma.rpt file:

Warning: pnk_vojska\srb_vojnik1.p3d: Degenerated triangle found on source triangles (1683,1681,789)

Error: pnk_vojska\srb_vojnik1.p3d: Opposite edge to P(789, 1683) was not found - shadow geometry is not closed.

Personal use or whatever, EULA rules still apply.

Try instead learning with the SAMPLE models .............

As Max was about to tell you, the ArmA1 sample model doesn't working in ArmA2 due to major changes by

But he linked the a2 sample models , what has Arma1 talk got to do in here ?

you saying SRB_vojnik is the name of a Arma1 sample model or something, this getting confusing all your post seem to contradict the given information here :( ?

Yeah, let's slow down and just let him tell us what he's doing, then we can address the problems.

Obviously English isn't his first language. It's quite plain isn't it that he meant he tried to use the p3dm & the odol version of the example model and both his attempts crashed.

@ghost123... Are these the only errors you get in your build log file? If you goto www.pastbin.com (or similar website) and add your entire log file there we'll be able to get a better idea what going wrong with your build attempt. Also, pasting your model.cfg & config.cpp would be helpful.

@[APS]Gnat... Dunno what english language you learn't but example & sample are synonyms. Perhaps if he'd used the term 'non-binarized' in his first post it might have been little easier.

I downloded ArmA 2 sample models.

Then i opened soldier.p3d model in O2 and do some changes on halmet and then i save it as vojnik1.p3d.

Then i make new folder called pnk_vojska and i put there vojnik1.p3d model then normaly i change model path in config.cpp and put config in same folder.

With BinPBO Personal Edition i check binarize options and select folder pnk_vojska to make .pbo file.

When i done with that i just copy pnk_vojska.pbo file in arma 2 oa addons.

I put soldier in editor on map and when i click preview game crash.

That's everything i do with that model.

Thank you, ghost123.

I think you must pack your addon in the p:\drive.

In p:\*mod_folder_name*\*pbo_name*\

and all of your paths in the config, p3d, and rvmats must be relative to p:, so say "*mod_folder_name*\*pbo_name*\p3d_name.p3d" or "ca\some_pbo_name\data\some_material.rvmat".

Thank you, ghost123.

I think you must pack your addon in the p:\drive.

In p:\*mod_folder_name*\*pbo_name*\

and all of your paths in the config, p3d, and rvmats must be relative to p:, so say "*mod_folder_name*\*pbo_name*\p3d_name.p3d" or "ca\some_pbo_name\data\some_material.rvmat".

I try that but again same problem.

Use http://pastebin.com/ or the [ php ] tag to provide a copy of your config.cpp and your model.cfg

What does the LOG report from BinPBO say?

What does your RPT say about the crash?

(RPT file found here, example; "E:\Data1\Users\xxxxx.Win7i7PC\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA" )

Have you tried binarizing the unaltered soldier p3d?

I solved the problem. I delete ShadowVolume and now it's work fine.