Sign in to follow this  
sxp2high

COOP 05 / SP : Covert Strike (Iranian Forces, Qom Province)

Covert Strike

US Special Forces conducting a covert operation in Iran

cost.jpg

The name is maybe a bit misleading, it's not a stealth mission. You have to capture a High Value Target and find evidence at a well guarded top secret military research facility in Qom Province, Iran. Read the in-game notes for more details.

Requirements

ArmA 2 Combined Operations

Qom Province

Iranian Forces Mod

Features

- Choose between AIS and ACE Wounds (Lobby Parameter)

- Choose view distance and terrain grid (Lobby Parameter)

- First Person View Only (Lobby Parameter)

- ACE Radio and AI Talk (Lobby Parameter)

- ACE Gear (ACE will be auto detected if running)

- Evidence location is different each time (15 possible spots)

- Amount of enemies differs a bit each time

- Enemy Reinforcements (Once you have been spotted the enemy will call in reinforcements)

Respawn

Group (Respawn in your group, if there's no AI left, you'll become a seagull)

Credits

- UPSMON by Monsada and Rafalsky

- AIS by bon_inf*

- Soldier.45 (testing)

Download

Coop

Singleplayer

Edited by sxp2high

Nice Work. After testing MP I´ll take a look now in the SP Part, MP was always moderate xD.

Quite hard this mission if you play it in singleplayer. I had to be very inventive to get the missio accomplished.

1. I killed all troops in Baqerabad and the fuel station and picked up the Landrover with the M2.

2. Then I surprised the reinforcements at the satelite base near the main complex, shooting from hills and with the Landrover.

3. Then got contatct with the main forces from surrounding hills drawing them out of the complex.

4. Then setting up a lot of fires in the base (using M203 and cars, with JTD Fire&Smoke)

5. Then advancing very cautiously to the base and killing the rest of the guards one by one which is still hard.

(Using ACE, ASR_AI, ASR, JTD, JSRS)

Some questions:

1. There are some options to choose from AIS or ACE wounds in the coop version but in in SP of course there aren't. Doesn't it collide with eachother?

I pose this question because of script lag I experienced with the latest ACE version.

2. How is the mission supposed to be accomplished, without doing all the tactics I used. How did you image to be it carried out?

Hi,

thanks for the feedback... it's a pretty tough mission indeed.

1. There are some options to choose from AIS or ACE wounds in the coop version but in in SP of course there aren't. Doesn't it collide with eachother?

Nope, no problem with that. In SP it automatically uses the default AIS by Bohemia.

While in MP you can choose between ACE Wounds and Bon AIS (MP optimized version of AIS).

It's not possible they collide anyhow. :thumbsup:

2. How is the mission supposed to be accomplished, without doing all the tactics I used. How did you image to be it carried out?

Well, we always did a direct frontal approach. We took it slow, and let the enemy come to us. I think this is pretty important in this mission, because you are extremely outnumbered.

When being outnumbered this is always my tactic of choice anyway. "Keep your head down, keep distance, and let them come to you."

The most important asset (at the beginning) is the marksman. He can take out A LOT of enemies from the "Hangtime" position. (Don't forget to measure the distance and adjust your M110) Since you have no wind measuring device in this mission, you have to estimate the wind. Just watch the grass movement and guess. I got pretty good at that because of this mission... ;)

So in SP, I switched to marksman at the beginning and took out as much as possible from point "Hangtime", using the M110.

The Automatic Rifleman a bit further down the hill (or on top of the hill as well), providing cover for both flanks.

The rest of the team down the hill (near the wrecks and the bunker) firing on the entrance and the flanks.

The enemy really likes to flank you up the hill, from both sides, in this mission. It's important that one or two guys stay a bit behind and keep an eye on both flanks and keep the guys up front posted.

In SP, I also saved a lot... :D

Hi,

So in SP, I switched to marksman at the beginning and took out as much as possible from point "Hangtime", using the M110.

I am not able to switch to my team mates. I downloaded the singleplayer version. I use the jsrs sound mod, cba, and of course the Iranian Forces Mod and Qom-Province-Island.

To play singleplayer I just saved the pbo from the "singleplayer"-link to my Mission-folder in the arma2 installation folder. or do I have to host a multiplayer mission?

Thanks

Rosentorf

With ACE, you can access the gear of others. So what I meant by "switching" was, that I exchanged weapons with the marksman. :)

But you're right, switching units was not possible... I found the reason for that and fixed it. I also added a overview picture and description for the SP version.

Here is the new version. :thumbsup:

Hi guys, sorry for necroposting, i decided to give this mission a try (the sp version) but i got some errors and i can't play it (the HVT doesn't appear), i tried to open the mission in the editor and some units are missing, below you can find some strings i found in the rpt log

Warning Message: C:\Users\______\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\-=t0t3m=-\missions\Covert_Strike.TUP_Qom\mission.sqm/Mission/Groups/Item2/Vehicles/Item0.vehicle: Vehicle class IRAN_IRGC_SOLDIER no longer exists

Warning Message: C:\Users\______\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\-=t0t3m=-\missions\Covert_Strike.TUP_Qom\mission.sqm/Mission/Groups/Item18/Vehicles/Item0.vehicle: Vehicle class IRAN_IRGC_MARKSMAN no longer exists

[...]

Type IRAN_IRGC_SOLDIER is not VehicleType

Type IRAN_IRGC_Officer is not VehicleType

here you can find the complete rpt log

http://paste2.org/p/2972363

i've downloaded @iranian_forces and @tup mods with six updater, am i missing other mods ?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by t0t3m