Sign in to follow this  
B1n4ry

Mk 13, M 79 as Secondary weapon?!

If its already been asked, sorry, i didn’t found anything similar using keywords like:" Mk13, M79, secondary"

Whatever. I would like to know, if its possible to set the Mk13 and M79 grenade launcher as a secondary weapon. Because its pretty nonsense, to go in a battlefield only armed with a one shot grenade launcher and a pistol. Also, it would be much more effective in combat having a grenade launcher as secondary against infantry, than using a M136 or similar.

Also i thought the M32 could be a secondary, but maybe this is to much.

Well, i would like to know what the community thinks about this idea? Is it possible or would it be to much work? (because Arma 3 is upcoming)

Only way I know of would be by scripting it or using ACE mod

What is really ridiculous is the fact that the ammo for the M79 etc. goes in the secondary ammo slots, while the weapon itself is in the primary slot, making carrying another weapon w/ammo impractical.

Because its pretty nonsense, to go in a battlefield only armed with a one shot grenade launcher and a pistol.

Pretty nonsense, but they did it Vietnam

Pretty nonsense, but they did it Vietnam

and you saw how it ended. =S

What is really ridiculous is the fact that the ammo for the M79 etc. goes in the secondary ammo slots, while the weapon itself is in the primary slot, making carrying another weapon w/ammo impractical.

Yeah. At least with the M32 you can get 6-round normal ammo "packs".

I agree about the GLs needing to be a secondary item, and the ammo being able to be in primary. If a rocket launcher is a secondary then so should a grenade launcher be.

What's about grenade belts as primary ammo? If BI change this, the M203 & GP25 ammo could "packed" in such granade belts. Like 6 or 4 granades per belt?

So you can carry more granades, while having enough space for e.g. STANAG mags.

Maybe these Belts could need 2 Slots, like the M240 ammo. (I don't mean to remove the singel granades, they could be usefull as backup)

we use a little tweak called GLmod.pbo - download it here

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/@blazes_weapons.rar

this adds 5 round grenade packs for each item in your inventory. We also use rucksacks a lot, packed full of these babies. Also we enabled every GL weapon to make use of M203 in either the primary or secondary ammo slot, so you can stock up on ammo.

we did have a go at making a secondary weapon GL but the animations bug out, so it needs a fundamental rebuild to work in the rocket launcher slot...

this is what ours looks like but it only fires straight up in the air lol

tooledup1.jpg

i think it's high time someone talented like RobertHammer made this for us (hint!) - for which i would happily make a donation...