Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Microsoft Flight: Beta Registration Open

nice, thanks for the info

It's supposed to still have the hardcore sim but there are plans to add simpler modes for everyone.

I'm pretty confident Microsoft isn't going to throw away 30 years of making good money from it even if it's under a new name.

and of course the money to be made from the hardware MS makes to go with it.

Environmental ambience looks great. Wonder what the deal with sacking the accumulated experience of 30 years was though.

Environmental ambience looks great. Wonder what the deal with sacking the accumulated experience of 30 years was though.
The reason might simply be that FS was NEVER a good flight Simulator, there was NO default aircraft that had a decent flight model and gfx wise FS was always half a decade backwards. You always needed to invest hundreds of $$$ wotth in addons to get a value out of FS. FSX was the biggest letdown so far.

i am still waiting for a good flight simulator as a browser game - but that would probably be the same - every item has to be bought.

Otherland vs. Forge of Empires

Edited by bestell

i signed up for the beta. TKOH made me a bit of a flight sim fan as before i couldnt give a crap really. now i own TKOH, xplane10 and soon msflight. msflight gives you hawaii to fly around - sounds pretty good actually. just hope they have a very good helicopter flight model.

Well then, it's official. MSFlight will be free to download, initially containing only Hawaii, with more regions to be sold at a later point through the Live Marketplace. Complete with pilot customisation and what looks like a career mode...

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2397774,00.asp

It looks like Prepare3D is the only way to go in replacing FSX now.

Am I the only one who get the impression that M$ are trying to kill moding to milk the sim community even more?

killing a mod community would be dumb yet an excellent way to kill the game's longevity in the short sighted quest for cashing in. i fully expect to see many more companies to be doing it - if MS does then Xplane has an even brighter fitire, TKOH too if BIS ever decide to release more content for it.

After reading into the press release it feel even worse: They are trying to make another train sim...only this time they mess with a flight sim.

Am I the only one who get the impression that M$ are trying to kill moding to milk the sim community even more?

It's not just an impression.

"The game will feature it’s own marketplace, with content regulated by Microsoft. There will be no software development kit and hence no user created content."

http://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4317/microsoft-flight-behind-scenes-at-microsoft-studios/

In my honest opinion, this is a blessing. Consumers and developers alike can continue investing in FSX as a platform knowing that, for some time to come, there is nothing that can replace it. With Prepar3D adding DX11 support and optimising the base platform further for use in conjunction with multicore CPUs, it will only get better.

Very well, Bye Bye M$ flight, X-Plane here I come! (I am actually wanting to find something to practice engine ground-run anyway)

There may be a good chance that MS will bin the FS development anyway, they killed off 2 versions of MS Train simulator 2 after all the assets were made effectively wasting a couple of years plus wages on each occasion (once with Kuju and once with their own MSGS).

OK.....so it seems that I can't run X-Plane 10 as well, even with the latest Beta driver from Nvidia the game will still refuse to start properly and the screen when blank wile still in startup loading screen, guess I have to wait till my great upgrade plan in effect, or some magic patch/driver to make it work. Thank god there is a demo.

Edited by 4 IN 1

Agree, content DLC crap like that is meant for iPhone's and Console shit .....

I own a PC because I want to be creative in whatever I choose to spend my time ....

Bye Bye M$

Hello X-Plane .....

Never liked MSFS anyway. I never managed to see the appeal of (auto-piloting) tubeliners. The rest of the aircraft were okay but I never felt fully immersed for some reason. Accusim is a different story though... ;)

1.Looks very arcade!

2. I hate how those companys have started to market DLCs as something positive.

Hmm .... well it was real easy to download, easy to install, easy to start, easy to fly ........... too easy

Nice enough graphics

Average land textures

Some very detailed structures

Some nice trees

2 planes

Seems to be little "ambient" activity on the island (except some chimny smoke!)

But you CAN get out of the plane ! Ya

..... I need to see what Aids can be switch off .....

Can't say I'll be in a hurry to buy DLC

As i said in another thread, it is more of a Pilotwings game than a real Flight simulator. But it is good at being this type of game ;)

Pilotwings was better thought through, less bling intense and dripping with charme though.

Some missions want to reward me for aerobatics and i see it´s trolling on purpose, as the two planes you get with f2p can hardly do a barrel roll :rolleyes:

Just can´t have too much fun with lame ass planes, which are beautiful to behold no question, but me needs poweeeer!

Pilotwings was better thought through, less bling intense and dripping with charme though.

Some missions want to reward me for aerobatics and i see it´s trolling on purpose, as the two planes you get with f2p can hardly do a barrel roll :rolleyes:

Just can´t have too much fun with lame ass planes, which are beautiful to behold no question, but me needs poweeeer!

Yeah, you need to fly pretty high to pull off a barrel roll in the flying car ;)