Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

Campaign Houria

Campaign released for the new OFrP v3.1

Scenario:

During the period called "Arab Revolution", a people that of Takistan seeks of democracy. This country is ruled with a rod of iron by General Ahmadine, and his military junta. It's a bloodthirsty man who does not hesitate to kill, to keep his power. Following the crisis in the Arab countries, and overwhelming circumstances, men gathered in the HOURIA network, a network for freedom, take up weapons. Fortunately, France, heard their cries and supports them in their struggle. Through Hamza, a leading member of Houria, or Sergeant Lopez, a member of the Mountain Commando Group, of the 27th Alpine Brigade, you pass through this revolution, and Inch Allah, will lead the country to freedom... Get ready, the takistanese army and militia not allow you to break ! Good luck...

Required:

ArmA 2 CO

CBA

OFrP v3.1 (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=129199)

MAF2EXT (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KLTSGRUT)

Link:

http://operation-frenchpoint.com/web/forum/topic.php?id=1021

Edited by Wiki

Hi Wiki,

And many thanks for this campaign, this has given me back want to play to arma after months!

But i've got a problem. I'm at the mission "chapitre 3, partie 2", at the begining:

I'm in the jeep at the army's checkpoint and Calero and his son killed all soldiers. But i can't get out the jeep, even not my soldier on my order. Actions of the rolling button of the mouse don't appear on the screen. And the others can't get in. I'm litterally blocked in the jeep with fuel empty

Sorry, I didn't make the campaign, it was released with the OFrP mod.

I'll try to have a look at it when I play this mission, but it might come from patch 1.60

I know the campaign was made under patch 1.59, and it seems the 1.60 bugged some things in the game and previous campaign...

however, I don't know if BIS will work on a hotfix or not

Im in chapter4-mission1 so far no bugs all mission ends with no problems, no bugs in tasks. Im using patch 1.60 and i dont have this bug like Giuppo, maybe restart mission and this will help you. Great campaign, good story, nice cutscenes. Good missions.

In one or two missions there are 1or2 texts in french language not in english but this is nothing big. Great work so far :)

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Ps:in mission where we attack Lay monara airfield our choppor dont land but wenn i give my men order to disembark chopper land on ground and we attack the aiprfield. So no problems with that mission to. :)

I finally retried, and after several times, i could finish the mission. Maybe some problems with triggers?

Many thanks anyway, i'm enjoying the campaign. ;)

i have enjoyed the campaign thus far despite the atrocious translation. the text can be hard to follow, especially when mid mission in a fire fight. but so far that really hasnt stopped me from advancing.

but my biggest grip. the one thing that made me actually mad

an AT4. to shoot down. A CHOPPER.

seriously? SERIOUSLY!?

i just spent 45 min trying to kill that *$er. i swear the shot just passed right through the chopper a couple times. but you know how i got it? a fuckin no scope. just pulled the damn trigger, and BOOM, i hit it. i probably pissed off all my neighbors from all the wrathful cursing

@That guy

destroing Mi8 with AT4 was fun :) im shoot him in my 4 try.

I run very fast and hide by the rocks about 70-100m from him and shoot him when he was in the air in high ~10-15m

it would appear the mod is not compatible with JSRS?! :?

ummmm because none of the content in Operation Frenchpoint has replacements in JSRS lol.

Do you understand how soundmods work?

I would advocate for an M203 in that mission. then hit it with IDF and keep it grounded

I have problem with chapter5 part2-mirage mission on Shapur i use cheat to end this becose

after i destroy merceneris building from my plane cannon, i have radio message that my plane was hit and i must eject-full set to 0. After i eject plane crush on ground and mission restarts, i try few times, im eject in few places, allways the same situation, what im duing wrong ?

This campaign seems to be quite broken with 1.60 and latest patches.

In Blood of the prince part one, when I attack the village controlled by Takistani Army, the other insurgent team does never join the assault. I can wait for an hour, they will not come.

In Blood of the prince part two, the French helos seem to be quite high on alcohol, especially the one I am transported on. It makes non sense manouvers around the airport and takes massive fire before landing. After cleaning the airport, the helo that should take us to next objective never lands, all French helos just stay hovering the airfield.

In Antlion Iarvae part one, after the suicide bomber and ambush attack, I go to the French camp. After I get the task to go to the top of the mountain nearby and kill the few Takis there, nothing new happens.

In Antlion Iarvae part two, after we kill the Takis at the checkpoint, no new task comes up.

Really hope it will get fixed with the new version of OFrP.

check on armaholic, they released a v1.1

by the way, I played the campaign in v1.0,and did not have the problem you talk about.

maybe it comes from a last survivor hinding somewhere on the map...

version 1.1 works fine with latest beta 89223, there are still some minor issues but now they can be fixed one way or another. Maybe there was something in the beta I used that time that broke it.

Edited by folgore_airborne

Great mod. Houria and tonnerre are by far my favorite campaigns. The only problem is the houria campaign, level 7 I think. I am a NH90 pilot and have another helo acting as fire support to go to Feruz Abad to evacuate injured. When I land exactly where it tells me to and once landed radio 0-0-1 alpha to get injured on the chopper, nothing happens, no one gets on the chopper or responds to the radio call. while waiting I direct the support chopper to attack any enemies that are approaching on foot, but still cant get anyone to board the flight. Please help I've been stuck here for months!!!! Thanks again guys and keep up the good work!! (mods using with ofrp: JTD fire and smoke, blastcore, saku_ai_driver, and zue_ai)

I think TigerForce is working on an update for this campaign, as some classnames changed.

however, you should wait for the update of MAF too.

moreover, you should disable your AI mods as they may create some bugs - like people not getting in the vehicles.

The MAF link is not working either.

Could that please be updated?

I downloaded yesterday MAFExtv3 from armaholic without any problem.