Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

OFrP French Army Mod v3.1

The OFrP 3.1 is not the final version.

First of all, this version hadn't to be released, but because many guys requested it, we have changed our purpose and released a mod between beta and final version. So be clement with us.

For this reason, all vehicles haven't a destroyed model, and other things...

But we tested the mod with the patch 1.59, and there wasn't crash to desktop.

There are differents reasons for crash, by investigating, it seems that MAF2Ext which isn't our mod give crash.

CBA for OA is required.

In an other hand, first time after i patched the game with 1.60, i had many bugs with my OFrP campaigns. But since, i deleted some Hidden ArmA files in the "Local File", i have no more bug.

I know many other mod have bugs and crashs with the last patch, so perhaps it comes from it. Dwarden let me hear it...

TigerForce, I did some testing and I hope that helps a little bit to narrow it down... please consider this only as friendly feedback and not as any kind of nagging or impatience. We are thankful for every great mod - like this - we get.

I used

OPfP (excluding MAF3EXT) and CBA only (I got OA and all official extensions)

For testing reasons I used Chernarus and I put on the following on it:

1xTiger (my main suspect ;-)) on the airfield in the northwest

2XOpfor militiagroups in some village

flew there tried to attack (using AI gunner)

tried this setting three times got three freezes -> had to alt-tab myself out of the game and kill it via the taskmanager.

Ive been looking in the editor for 40 min.. i cant find the Eurocopter Fennec ? was it removed?

Ive been looking in the editor for 40 min.. i cant find the Eurocopter Fennec ? was it removed?

It's from maf2ext mod!

@No problem with you, it's just to explain why artillery and some vehicles bugs.

For the chopper, (Tiger) it seems to come from the last patch,because BW mod also bugs, with the same configuration. Wait for a new BIS patch or try it under the patch 1.59 (where no bug has been met).

@RavenDk an PapaNoel

The Eurocopter Fennec is neither in the current OFrP version nor in MAF2Ext for the moment.

It's an OFrP (but just me) and CheyenneAH56 creation. But because it's not an entirely OFrP creation, and to coordonate the French Community of Addons-Makers, we have given the model of the Squirrel to the MAF mod, as the Fouga Magister. They will change it in a Fennec, and add many other extra (like Super Etendard Modernised, CPA, Gendarmerie...).

Just wait and see.

Also note that, the MAF2Ext configuration, will be fix to the patch 1.60. Because now, if you launch it with the game, play with OFrP Addons, even if none MAF Addons are present in the mission, the game crash.

I am at your disposal for any questions. But Wiki, can also help you.

I can't give you many information for the next release, but concerning the missions/campaigns, we are working on a multiplayers mission which name is The French Foreign Legion jump over Kolwezi and a Campaign: Rafale : An Eagle birth which will transport you in Indonesia, Bresil, U.S.A, Djibouti, Afghanistan, and Libya...

See you soon...

Campaign Houria works fine with latest beta 89223, it's very nice! Helicopters still behave very strangely at the beginning of Blood of the Prince part Two but not as badly. They hesitate to land at the beginning,but then the following tasks can be completed.

Edited by folgore_airborne

3794813590689_header_ofrp.png

Some news of our work.

On the menu, the HAHO, new COS as CPA, camo Daguet for special forces and regular army, Ground to air missile (Mistral), AA 20 Gun...

Click to enlarge the screen.

54561_arma2oa_2012_04_08_11_05_33_57.jpg

36751_newsofrp2.jpg

55703_newsofrp3.jpg

65761_newsofrp4.jpg

19353_newsofrp5.jpg

81001_newsofrp6.jpg

51046_newsofrp7.jpg

79125_newsofrp8.jpg

30016_newsofrp9.jpg

Great news. I just hope I would be able to play this mod without game crashing. This is the only reason I dont play this mod but I hope its fixed in next update.

Looking good. Big fan of the original frenchpoint for ofp:r

Quick question (not a request, please don't take it that way!): I know the FAMAS has it's own rifle grenades, mainly the APAV40, are them portrayed in this mod? Thanks for your attentions and good job! :)

^ I suppose this is an overpowered AT grenade, am I right? Because that recoil is brutal!

Edited by [GR]Operative

All game crash have been fixed. Concerning the grenade rifle, our team is working on, but it's more difficult than on Operation Flashpoint, because the command which allowed it has disappeared with ArmA 1. It's on the good way. The sound of the FAMAS has been changed too.

Wait and see !

very nice screens^^ good work:yay: OFRP

@TigerForce take a look on i44 they have the garand with the grenade launcher on it

Nice to hear about the updates! Keep up the excellent work!

One question though, I noticed that the red dot of aimpoint sights is too big and makes aiming especially with NVGs difficult. Any chance to decrease its size?

TigerForce: check out our SBP Slovenian Soldiers addon, tromblone mines are present on M70AB1 rifles.

UPDATE: Operation Frenchpoint is now a supported faction in my open-ended whole island mission, LOST. With the new features, you can now use OFrP forces in missions featuring a growing number of supported islands, allies, and enemies!

I also provide the ability for you to use either the Woodland forces, Desert forces, or UN forces provided in this mod. Or all three of them combined if you want. Its up to you and easily configurable via the Faction Editor at mission startup.

Mission thread

All game crash have been fixed. Concerning the grenade rifle, our team is working on, but it's more difficult than on Operation Flashpoint, because the command which allowed it has disappeared with ArmA 1. It's on the good way. The sound of the FAMAS has been changed too.

Wait and see !

Thats good news about the fix for the crash and game freezing cant wait for the update, pics are tops. Keeps the goods going.