I suppose one thing this needs is an autopilot to set it to fly in a circle around a target with a stable bank angle (pylon turn)?

imageri9.jpg

Can this be integrated with LurchiDerLuch's AC-130 script? This already has scripts and an autopilot to create the pylon turn around the target.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=99545

as i said a few posts back, that is being worked on.

So you did! I would like to understand it myself as the UK Apache force have an opposing pylon turn formation with 2 aircraft that would be good to simulate in Arma 2.

Played with this in a Unit mission tonight. Went very well and the ground-pounders loved it. Sucks that you have to lead the target so much, but at the same time it makes things more challenging/fun. :)

Anyone else notice the bottom half of the HUD's pitch ladder is invisible? It makes landing kinda difficult when you're trying to land on runway 15 on Clafghan. :p It also doesn't have the Paralax effect that the "BIS" one has, not too big of a deal though.

Would it be possible to make the guns one vehicle? It would be really nice to be able to swap between all of the positions. I don't know if this is possible in the ArmA engine, so I don't expect much. In that vein, it would be equally awesome to have a radar, like the pilot has, in the gun positions to better spot targets. Its next to impossible to see anything that isn't marked with smoke.

I've also noticed that it likes to sink and loose speed a lot more than the vanilla C-130.

Great work, Loving the detail and work put into it. As I posted earlier, proper flares are jizz inspiring. I didn't know you could have more than two flare launchers. :D

Would it be possible to make the guns one vehicle?

ive tried that before. getting the correct rounds to be fired from the correct barrel doesnt seem possible. but im working on it. i had the observation turret set as main the other 3 were slaved to the master turret.

Edited by rstratton

Interesting, so in that case, would it be possible to have the other barrels have different fire modes? The little FLIR pod on the landing gear housing could be the view port and the guns could then be slaved to it. :D

Edit:

Never-mind, that's exactly what you just said. lol :p

it might be possible if we make the turrets synced like on the AH1..

it might be possible if we make the turrets synced like on the AH1..

Would it also be possible to add some sort of FCS? The only issue I have with it is the fact that I have to lag behind the target so bad that I can't see what I'm hitting with any level of zoom. :rolleyes:

Raven,

When I place this ac130 in a mission (through the editor), on a dedicated server, it spawns without the guns.

If I place one down through VTS/MCC by spawning one its works fine.

EDIT: When this aircraft Re-spawns after being hit it spawns back with two of every gun, a static version and a working one.

Edited by UGLY58

Raven,

When I place this ac130 in a mission (through the editor), on a dedicated server, it spawns without the guns.

If I place one down through VTS/MCC by spawning one its works fine.

EDIT: When this aircraft Re-spawns after being hit it spawns back with two of every gun, a static version and a working one.

We have the same problem, if you want to see the gun properly, you have to disconnect and re-select your unit in the selection window :(

the scripting has some issues in mp jip. its the best i/we could come up with at the time. if anyone wants to play around with the script feel free

This thing is deadly accurate once you get the hang of it. :cool:

yS-Y4hhLXGQ

I was the 105mm gunner. Special thanks to Zirkle, who filmed it, Adams, the pilot, and Lusky01, gunning the Equalizer.

@RavenDK

Your right...Everyone in the community wanted this! Thank you!

Thanks to BIS for letting him make it!

P.S. It appears to me that the weapon stations are seperate "vehicles" attached to the plane? Is this correct? Whether it is or not, do you know how to tell AI to mount those weapon systems from inside the editor?

I can tell my troop to mount them by point and clicking (in-game), but I have no reference inside the editor.

Thanks again!

@RavenDK

Your right...Everyone in the community wanted this! Thank you!

Thanks to BIS for letting him make it!

P.S. It appears to me that the weapon stations are seperate "vehicles" attached to the plane? Is this correct? Whether it is or not, do you know how to tell AI to mount those weapon systems from inside the editor?

I can tell my troop to mount them by point and clicking (in-game), but I have no reference inside the editor.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the nice words :)

Uh im up the creek on that one.. im not much of a mission maker, but i would guess something get in nearest? .. i donno :S

I hope this project isn't dead. I made a quick multiplayer map, a friend and I joined, I could see the guns but he couldn't? Any ideas?

I hope this project isn't dead. I made a quick multiplayer map, a friend and I joined, I could see the guns but he couldn't? Any ideas?

He has to disconnect and re-select his slot then he will see everything on the plane.

I have no idea how to make a join in progress map. The only reason I ask is because I added this addon to the Benny Edition Warfare map. Dropping out and coming back in isn't really an option just to see the guns on the vehicle you just bought

Really enjoying these scripts. I have found an issue however (the version I am using is the latest, as part of MSO) when the UAV or AC130 gets killed when in FLIR/NV mode. When using any other camera after that (for instance with the COIN camera) it remains on that previous FLIR/NV mode and can't be switched off. Is it an easy fix to shut off all special view modes (and revert to normal view) when the aircraft is killed Lurchi ?

Is anyone working on a FCS for this addon? Something like the Apache/Cobra designator style thing or the Apache tab ranging for the cannon?

I wouldnt be asking if I could do it myself, believe me I would if I knew how.

Anybody figure out on how to get the AI to mount the guns?