Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

[HOTFIX] resolves ARMA 2 version 1.11 - Wrong signature for file dta\languagecore.pbo

FIX below,

new signature file available in .zip attached to this post

WARNING: This is for ARMA 2 content only (ARMA 2: Free is w/o problem)

Installation:

1. download the file: arma2.dta.languagecore.pbo.bi.bisign.zip

2. extract file: languagecore.pbo.bi.bisign

3. with that overwrite file: \ARMA 2\Dta\languagecore.pbo.bi.bisign

4. enjoy ARMA 2

ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/arma2.dta.languagecore.pbo.bi.bisign.zip

CRC32: 5B992BCA

MD5: 670796E62D769D30196E70DDE17A046B

SHA-1: 10789715643B599EE0BB682D876A0D1284C4750D

Edited by Dwarden

Hi Dwarden,

First of all thanks for the Hot Fix!

Unfortunately I cannot DL the file it keeps saying "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page" although im logged in?!?

regards r.

Hi Dwarden,

First of all thanks for the Hot Fix!

Unfortunately I cannot DL the file it keeps saying "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page" although im logged in?!?

regards r.

you must download it inside your browser while being logged into the forum

not by using some downloader ....

but i added FTP mirror...

Edited by Dwarden

i hate to break this to you, but i still cannot join any server, same problem as with the original file :/

any ideas? besides from getting the other game parts that is^^

did you reinstalled/redownloaded the STEAM version of BAF ...

this is long time fixed...

FIX below,

new signature file available in .zip attached to this post

WARNING: This is for ARMA 2 content only (ARMA 2: Free is w/o problem)

Installation:

1. download the file: arma2.dta.languagecore.pbo.bi.bisign.zip

2. extract file: languagecore.pbo.bi.bisign

3. with that overwrite file: \ARMA 2\Dta\languagecore.pbo.bi.bisign

4. enjoy ARMA 2

ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/arma2.dta.languagecore.pbo.bi.bisign.zip

Is this hotfix included with the 1.62/1.11 patch that just came out?

Our bunch runs a Linux CO and a Arma 2 server.

We have applied the hot fix to our Arma 2 server and have directed players to the hotfix who come to our TS and ask why they can't get in. That takes care of the problem for those who have the forethought of asking what the problem is on our TS. What happens most of the time is that players try to enter the server with the mismatched files and get disconnected. They never receive a message indicating the problem with languagecore. Only the players already in game see

the message about languagecore for those who try to connect. The players in game do not need to worry about it because they already have the proper files. It seems that players who have Arma 2 free or Steam have the correct files, but players who have CD or direct to drive version do not and never discover the reason why they can't join the server. Due to the large number of players running hacks, Bisign check is a measure we must implement.

afaik the file should be included in the 1.60 already (the file was silently updated to cover it)

also there is update for 1.11 in 1.62 (it's usage is only for 1.62 A2: CO mode) which covers the languagecore.pbo and it's signatures too

so this problem should be resolved for once and for all

Why has this hotfix not been implemented in the full A2 patch. Now 6 months later i still see people every day that cant connect and all you have to do it remake the patch with the correct file in it to save thousands of people the hassle of doing it themselves if they can figure it out. This results in a much lower player number and breaks the overall experience of the hole game. It also shows how badly BIS takes care of key issues like this and that no one in the A2 team actually tests anything online as it was meant to be?

I think some of you need to get your priorities straight. You broke the patch and then you have to fix it. I would see this as an act of sabotage or complete utter lack of respect to your customers or some other religious form of relatedness. I would fire the change manager or patch "expert' and also try to understand that A2 is part of what’s called Combined Operations that makes A2 also available as standalone. Therefore its technically and lawfully not possible to call this end of line. The engine sad but true is end of line even tough i think i can count all the changes made up to the A3 engine on one hand, but that’s not the issue here. You let a lot of people down that count on you for the support and expect us to all to buy the upcoming A3 just like that?

I think the only work around would be to go back to the signedfiles=1 modus for Arma2?

I think some of you need to get your priorities straight. You broke the patch and then you have to fix it. I would see this as an act of sabotage or complete utter lack of respect to your customers or some other religious form of relatedness. I would fire the change manager or patch "expert' and also try to understand that A2 is part of what’s called Combined Operations that makes A2 also available as standalone. Therefore its technically and lawfully not possible to call this end of line. The engine sad but true is end of line even tough i think i can count all the changes made up to the A3 engine on one hand, but that’s not the issue here. You let a lot of people down that count on you for the support and expect us to all to buy the upcoming A3 just like that?

I think the only work around would be to go back to the signedfiles=1 modus for Arma2?

Dude, put your panties back on for a second and try to actually read what people write. He said the file was re-released (as far as he knows) and Steam was updated. It's entirely possible that some mirrors didn't copy the updated version of the patch and are still hosting the old one, but they don't have any control over that.

Otherwise, if the official BIS download of the patch is still the broken one, you may simply want to inform them of that fact instead of throwing a massive bitch-fit. :rolleyes:

So calm the fuck down already.