Sign in to follow this  
ReneRu

Lags so horrible, it's impossible to play

I would like to know why the hell it lags so horrible, it is basically impossible to play it. I'm playing with native resolution 1920x1080, I even put all details on medium (though my computer is so new I should be able to run this with maxed details).

System:

Intel Core i5 2310/Quad Core/4 Threads/2,90 Ghz/Turbo/6 MB Cache/32 nm/DDR3-1066/1333/Sandy Bridge

ATI HD6850 1GB

8GB of RAM

No, you cannot max out the settings with your computer, but it shouldn't lag that much. Did you defrag your computer recently ? If not, you should. And could you post your ingame settings (more precisely than "details on average").

1. the fact that your computer is brand new does NOT mean it is high end. In fact it isn't, far from it.

2. there is no rig hardware capable of running A2 maxed out. simple as that.

3. lag does NOT mean low FPS.

4. would be jolly good to put down here the following:

a) game and version (A2/OA/CO etc and version number)

b) display drivers used

c) do you have ATOC enabled or not

d) OS version.

defnite lag?

input lag? frame rate lag (stutter) ? multiplayer lag? ...

what's Your average fps in normal and high settings etc...

question dwarden: is there a reason why default ATOC setting is still 7, instead of 0 for 1.60?

because nobody bothered change it ... ;)

take your pc and do this..

;)

or try clean your pc with advanced system care,use also game booster,try change something in the arma config,in option set default memory and check in config if it is your real quantity of ram.hope can help

I would like to know why the hell it lags so horrible, it is basically impossible to play it. I'm playing with native resolution 1920x1080, I even put all details on medium (though my computer is so new I should be able to run this with maxed details).

System:

Intel Core i5 2310/Quad Core/4 Threads/2,90 Ghz/Turbo/6 MB Cache/32 nm/DDR3-1066/1333/Sandy Bridge

ATI HD6850 1GB

8GB of RAM

A 1GB card will never handle 1920/1080, let alone any "nice AA" IQ. But as PuFu asked, you may have ATOc on 7. I myself like ATOC at 7 and all my AA on veyhigh, i just run at a lower resolution.

A 1GB card will never handle 1920/1080, let alone any "nice AA" IQ. But as PuFu asked, you may have ATOc on 7. I myself like ATOC at 7 and all my AA on veyhigh, i just run at a lower resolution.

good 1GB card will handle 1920x1200 w/o problem ... :rolleyes:

good 1GB card will handle 1920x1200 w/o problem ... :rolleyes:
not!, theres not enough frame buffer and you know this, or are you saying low IQ settings and very low VD isnt a problem? Vsync for the win.

not!, theres not enough frame buffer and you know this, or are you saying low IQ settings and very low VD isnt a problem? Vsync for the win.

well, tell that to my gtx285 1gig and my dell 30"@2560x1600, :rolleyes:

I do have to keep vd just under 3000 tho. :)

since when? :) ... wanna enlighten me or just pulling the argument out of thin air ...

since when? :) ... wanna enlighten me or just pulling the argument out of thin air ...

out of thin air...in the end this is the interwebz...

Now with 1.60 patch our crew started to get on some server after a break. We went to XR-DAO to play some C&H and to WASP to play some Warefare (vanilla co). Strangely the game got some very significant graphical lag, low fps (around 10-20) in some spots of the maps. Mostly near towns, bases etc. All of us had this, but a few month ago the game went very well for all of us on these servers and missions.

I must also add that a few weeks ago we just joined one of these servers for my buddy for 5 mins to test out his new tft screen with other resolutions. The fps was bad for him with the higher resolutons, but unexpectedly it was also much lower for me with my well established rig, with which I played the game for years. That time I didn't care much about it, thought it's something temporary. The point is, we may have encountered this problem well before 1.60 patch, still with 1.59. Although we (me) played with 1.59 for months without such a low fps.

Also, I hosted some games for 3 of us, normal coop missions, and the fps was perfect for all of us, stable 50-70. (with 1.60).

I'm not sure what the hell is this. Something happed between september and december what messed up the game, but it was not the patch. I'm thinking on the wierd idea that maybe the Warefare and C&H missions introduced some kind of script in the meantime that casues this.