Sign in to follow this  
Faye

Maintance Points

is there a image of all the maintance points of all three helicopters? I cant find some points on the heavy in career mode .

thnx tried it .. still didnt found everything. Or is this not always possible ?

Only at heliport I guess.

I meant you got the list of unknown problems which you need to identify. I did this also with the light chopper and i looked at all the point given by ALT but still missed two problems.

So are all problems identifable ?

If you have done externally (inc engine and main rotor gearbox)

Get in the helicopter put the rotor brake on and manipulate the flight controls threw their range and turn on the battery master switch and test the function of switches (no need to use the starter).

The flight controls can only be examined/tested by being in the helicopter as can the battery and switch operation.

Also the pitot icons can be easily be missed as they are so small and blend in with the end of the pitot tubes, or even the landing light in the nose-gear well of the heavy helicopter.

Even after inspecting everything and taking/manipulating controls, there are often one or two problems that cannot be identified. But by then the repair cost has been reduced significantly (down to ~$150), so all is okay.

How do you guys manage to re-close the engine cowlings after opening them to inspect the engines on the heavy helicopter??

The 'close icon ><' is greyed out no matter in what position I'm standing.

From the inside of the chopper I found a clickspot to close the left engine cowling (look at the ceiling) but I haven't found it for the right engine.

Cheers,

Sylvain

How do you guys manage to re-close the engine cowlings after opening them to inspect the engines on the heavy helicopter??

The 'close icon ><' is greyed out no matter in what position I'm standing.

From the inside of the chopper I found a clickspot to close the left engine cowling (look at the ceiling) but I haven't found it for the right engine.

Cheers,

Sylvain

Good question. Same for me. I don't think I have ever been able to close those cowlings! :confused:

I had this problem with the doors in the demo. The way I fixed it was to look at the grayed out icon and roll the mouse wheel up or two to get the other option (to close).