Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo³

Even if we had a full team of beta testers and a rigorous testing regime, I think with a piece of software this complex and large in scope, there would still be bugs. Fixing bugs sometimes causes more bugs, sometimes bugs are invisible until there are certain circumstances, sometimes bugs slip through the cracks because your eyes are just so sick of looking at the same things that you're not really paying attention anymore. There will always be bugs.

The silver lining is that the more bugs you report to our tracker, the less there will be :)

Yes of course, but as far as I know nobody can do that for the missing missions right now. So when you release the final version it will maybe have some very serious bugs. So maybe you should look to get some Beta testers for the project, even if you have experienced problems with some people who didn´t beta test like they were supposed to.

Yes of course, but as far as I know nobody can do that for the missing missions right now. So when you release the final version it will maybe have some very serious bugs. So maybe you should look to get some Beta testers for the project, even if you have experienced problems with some people who didn´t beta test like they were supposed to.

I'm not sure what the release plans are, exactly. However, there are no plans to continue looking for 'internal' beta testers. In our experience they only add a coordination burden and an IP leak concern. People who have signed on exclusively for beta testing duties by and large have produced exactly nothing. They have not even returned emails asking how they are doing. We will not be looking for 'internal' testers in the future. The only testers I've ever heard anything good about are the TFL guys and even they have had some issues with members.

So, the reality of the situation is this: We will be testing to the best of our ability before we release any non-beta versions. The versions seen up to this point have been fairly well untested, as we worked pretty much up to the hour of the submission deadlines on them to release as much as we can. One of the beta patches actually involved some totally untested massive 'low level' config tree refactoring that was done in a very short time... which was interesting. When we get more of our content completed we will have more time to mess around playing with what we have made. And, of course, we will be continuing to rely on the CBT after the release to make sure the experience is as refined as we can make it.

Edited by Max Power

Ah well it will tehn be up to us to test everything and we will do so with pleasure :)

Your view was very clear in your first post. It did not require reiteration. Please consider your views like the actions they condone and refrain from releasing them on the web. Thank you.

Well i had the impression that you understood my view as an opinion of somebody that does not respect copyrights. Not the case. I understand now that you don't like the "Red Hammer" subject being brought in your thread, so i apologise for any inconvenience, i was just suggesting a solution for anyone that wishes to enjoy that content.

Because as far as i know, and it's my opinion, that what i posted is not by any means an encouragement for violation of copyrights.

To finish, i understand that this seems a "sensitive" subject, and you seemed rather annoyed so to say that i made this suggestion in this thread and the same suggestion involves the CWR2 project.

Hope that you understand why i had to reiterate again. Thanks

next version Final or not?

Final. There are no plans for yet another Demo or public Beta release.

@Tonci87

We work on this Mod in our free time, and it's (of course) released at no cost. How in the world you expect a bug-free campaign when not even the BI campaigns are bug-free?

Yes there will be bugs on release, and they will be fixed asap then. However there surely will be some issues left we never will be able to fix.

As Max said already, the recent 'beta testers' we had the pleasure to work with were enough. The majority of them was only interested in getting their hands on unreleased stuff quickly and then never ever reported back - or they provided such detailed bug reports like 'x isn't working'.

We do our best to find and eliminate as many bugs on our own before release. The rest the community can do then once released. :)

Hey just wanted to pop in and say I very much enjoy this mod. The stability is fantastic and plays nice with my other mods.

Just finished "Alert", very fun so far. Keep up the good work!

The major reason for the compatibility and lack of collisions is we go to some trouble ensuring we are ofpec_tag compatible. In theory at least this prevents us colliding with other mods and vice versa, to say nothing of colliding with Bis. Secondly, we extensively check for the dreaded 'missing p3d' and missing object before we release *anything*.

That said, *because* this is as close to ofp original as we can hope for, some compromises were required and were the main reason for the long gestation period before we were able to release any demo at all. It took about four iterations of config code for instance before we had a 'formula' for success without tears. The team's knowledge of what's possible and what's naughty, in terms of what we could bugger up engine wise if not careful, is now pretty extensive. All that's now behind us, so post demo 3, the 'final release', involves the real work of getting the models, islands and missions as best they possibly can be.

With the responses we've been getting, we must be doing something right <grin>, and all feedback (bricks or flowers) is taken seriously and appreciated by us.

Final. There are no plans for yet another Demo or public Beta release.

@Tonci87

We work on this Mod in our free time, and it's (of course) released at no cost. How in the world you expect a bug-free campaign when not even the BI campaigns are bug-free?

Yes there will be bugs on release, and they will be fixed asap then. However there surely will be some issues left we never will be able to fix.

As Max said already, the recent 'beta testers' we had the pleasure to work with were enough. The majority of them was only interested in getting their hands on unreleased stuff quickly and then never ever reported back - or they provided such detailed bug reports like 'x isn't working'.

We do our best to find and eliminate as many bugs on our own before release. The rest the community can do then once released. :)

I hope Final release spring,not summer.

Yes Spring it is. Or maybe summer. Could also be autumn or even winter. Or spring 2013.

It's done when it's done. :)

Yes Spring it is. Or maybe summer. Could also be autumn or even winter. Or spring 2013.

It's done when it's done. :)

very funny,i know you work on this Mod in our free time.

Waiting final.

First off I'm going to say that I absolutely love this MOD. OFP was my first ever PC game and it was simply amazing loved it, never managed to complete it though :P so when this came out I was mind blown and got it straight away.

I was wondering however will there be a release of the 3 island chain such as PMC did? (doesnt like my link :S) urm, <please do not bypass censorship>, but it was Malden, Kolgujev and Everon all on one map and was amazing for creating total carnage.

If not no worries, amazing mod anyways :D

And as a side note im no good at modelling but would love to try and help out if you need it :)

Again great work :D

benjellio@hotmail.com

Edited by W0lle

There is a reason why that site you mentioned is censored here. Please do not try to bypass any of our censored words/websites here.

No, there are no plans to do such a map. Simply because it would require months to do that and the texture size would be insane.

Thank you so much guys for this awesome total conversion!

Even though it's just a demo you can see how many countless hours of work must have gone into this!

I've been playing quite a bit of OFP when it was released a decade ago (even more than Armed Assault iirc), still I never really got hooked on the campaign. You make it possible for me to catch up on it while enjoying ArmA 2 graphics at the same time.

From the little animated flag on the loading screen, the awesome menu and music, to the basic feel of the '85 weapons and the immerson factor of playing as a grunt - this package feels very polished. I take my hat off to you and your dedication.

Just wanted to say thanks, Its really impressive and your hard work shows.

On a side note, any plans to bring back the classic death cam?

There is some discussion about options for the death cam. No concrete plans have been made, however.

Let me thank you guys again for this mod.

Great and beautiful maps and units and pretty bug-free too.

Brings back the old memories but even without nostalgic feelings, this would be a great mod in it's own right.

Keep it up!

Cheers,

D.

Hello.

I have another bug report. I don't know someone reported it earlier.

"Battlefields":

First:

Mission begins, there is message "...God safe us all.", all friend units advancing, there is first message about enemy contact, about 3 sec. pass and there is a game crash (Arma quit into desktop with message about critical error).

I repeated this situation couple of times (always scenario was the same), but after restart of pc, problem doesn't occur. Now i can't reproduce it.

Second:

I reached enemy positions and wipe out all defenders. Now i wait for counter attack. First mi-17 is comming, paratroopers jump outside and friendly units start to massacre them. Suddenly mission ends (succesfully) after about 10 sec. past enemy units jump out from a chopper.

"Lone wolf":

In briefing, there is info about three russian officers to eliminate. But in mission, goal is complete after assasination two of them. Besides only two guys comes to base by uaz. Or maybe i misunderstood something?

Mission with tanks (i don't remember name):

There is possibility of completion of first objective (refueling, repairing and rearming) without picking up crew. I done it quiet fast and i suppose i missed synchronisation with tank crew (because it looks like they waiting only on the center of base). Maybe you should extend area of trigger?

Please see the first post for instructions on how to use our islands without the rest of the Mod. :)

I have suggestion to SP mission "Bomberman".

Because recently Bohemia improved AI driving abilities, you should consider delay departure of convoy, because even if i am running as crazy man, and trying to put sachels as quick as possible, i have always lack of time to take sniping position.

In mission "Counterstrike" i met situation, after repel counterattack nothing happen. No orders were came. Ally units just stood still in base. I suppose that some enemy AI survive and was hidden below some tree or something.

Hello.

"Battlefields":

First:

Mission begins, there is message "...God safe us all.", all friend units advancing, there is first message about enemy contact, about 3 sec. pass and there is a game crash (Arma quit into desktop with message about critical error).

I repeated this situation couple of times (always scenario was the same), but after restart of pc, problem doesn't occur. Now i can't reproduce it.

Second:

I reached enemy positions and wipe out all defenders. Now i wait for counter attack. First mi-17 is comming, paratroopers jump outside and friendly units start to massacre them. Suddenly mission ends (succesfully) after about 10 sec. past enemy units jump out from a chopper.

Crash could have been some local problem then cause here it never crashed nor have we heard of any crashes in Battlefields yet.

The quick mission end is definitely not normal, there should be a couple of APCs and infantry approaching the position. They always appeared for me but I look into that one more time.

"Lone wolf":

In briefing, there is info about three russian officers to eliminate. But in mission, goal is complete after assasination two of them. Besides only two guys comes to base by uaz. Or maybe i misunderstood something?

Uhhh three officers to eliminate is the objective in "Sniper Team"... I wonder what I screwed up there. :-)

Mission with tanks (i don't remember name):

There is possibility of completion of first objective (refueling, repairing and rearming) without picking up crew. I done it quiet fast and i suppose i missed synchronisation with tank crew (because it looks like they waiting only on the center of base). Maybe you should extend area of trigger?

That's "Heavy Metal" then. It's possible that the end trigger is considering the whole tank group or its leader, as you are not supposed to play the mission as Rambo. ;-)

I have suggestion to SP mission "Bomberman".

Because recently Bohemia improved AI driving abilities, you should consider delay departure of convoy, because even if i am running as crazy man, and trying to put sachels as quick as possible, i have always lack of time to take sniping position.

There is already a delay, though in the original you had to hurry up too. I often just made it up the hill as the convoy came around the corner. But I guess adding 10 more seconds won't kill the mission.

In mission "Counterstrike" i met situation, after repel counterattack nothing happen. No orders were came. Ally units just stood still in base. I suppose that some enemy AI survive and was hidden below some tree or something.

Yes quite possible that the triggers are set to "no enemy present" and should be changed to either "seized by BLUEFOR" or activates when less then 1 enemy is present.

Thanks for your input, I check all the above issues as soon as I have a chance. :)

You are right, one mission is "Heavy Metal" and the second one is "Sniper Team".

I will check "Sniper Team" once again to confirm problem.

-----------------------

I know what is going on. There are two officers arrive to the camp and one who waits for them in the front of the tent. Trigger with goal completion is released after first one is killed (anyone). Triggers with message "Bad guy is striked" (or something like this - i dont remember exact notation) works fine for all of three officers.

Edited by kromka

From the little animated flag on the loading screen, the awesome menu and music, to the basic feel of the '85 weapons ..........

:D

thank you.

After playing the Soviet Revenge singleplayer mission on winter Kulgojev, the cutscene that appeared in the menu (Christmas Story)

immediately popped into my eye.

First time since years that I watched the whole cutscene, great work.

Hi, folks,

Does this work with CO Lite?

Here's my shortcut line:

F:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -mod=f:\program files\bohemia interactive\arma 2 free;expansion;@CWR2

Should that work? It hasn't for me, so far.

Thanks for any help!

It is not necessary to add the @CWR2 entry in the shortcut line. One can start up with the default parameters and then use the in game expansions management menu to activate or deactivate mods.

Regards,

Sander