Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo³

cwr2_v80_sm.jpg

And our next 'DLC' is available on Six-Updater, this month it's the good old V80 - Russia still strong :)

Included is 'Rat Hole' as SP Mission from good old OFP. I hope there are not too many problems left but should you run into something, please report it at our Bugtracker or here in the thread.

We also may release another big Patch for the Demo³ at some time which contains the latest bugfixes and some smaller additions.

Six-Updater link for your convience.

Edited by W0lle

how can i get this without six updater?

We also may release another big Patch for the Demo³ at some time which contains the latest bugfixes and some smaller additions.

futurama_fry_looking_squint.jpg?w=300&h=225

how can i get this without six updater?

Sorry, all our 'DLC' are exclusively on Six-Updater. It's the easiest way for us to distribute content and for you as well to keep everything up2date. :)

Sorry, all our 'DLC' are exclusively on Six-Updater. It's the easiest way for us to distribute content and for you as well to keep everything up2date. :)

As some of us don't use, need, or want SU, could someone please post the new files somewhere? PLEASE! :)

PM me if you'd like to keep the host site secret.

I assume it's ok to ask this, given the following on CWR2 website:

Sharing the file with people who can’t/won’t use Six-Updater is okay of course, just be sure you always share the latest version.

FYI people need not be so scared of six updater. You don't have to use it to sync up mods and complicated stuff like that. If all you want is a download you can just right click on a mod in the list and say update and install and it will copy it down for you. Easy. Then you close it down and it's just like you got it off of armaholic etc

FYI people need not be so scared of six updater. You don't have to use it to sync up mods and complicated stuff like that. If all you want is a download you can just right click on a mod in the list and say update and install and it will copy it down for you. Easy. Then you close it down and it's just like you got it off of armaholic etc

It's cool and all but maybe some people are put off by the fact that it requires twice as much space for each mod, as it stores an rsync copy. I know there's been quite a few occasions where I just haven't had enough space for a large mod because of this, so I have to put it off until I have time to look through my games and see if there's anything I'm happy to uninstall to free up enough space (I actually downloaded cwr_demo3 manually the other day but don't have room to install it at the moment, let alone double the space). Also, if I've already downloaded a mod manually, as I have with cwr, if after installing it I then convert it with SU I'm not sure if it will basically download the 3+ GBs again to make the rsync folder or if it creates this from the files I've already installed manually.

I had a look earlier but couldn't see the DLC available separately on SU, so I assume it's all bundled in the CWR download. Perhaps it would help people who've already manually downloaded CWR if the DLC was available as separate downloads on SU but then again I guess the CWR core will probably need to be updated anyway, so I don't suppose that would help much.

I don't understand this negativity either. Yes, in the early versions SU was a bit... tricky to use. But obviously some people haven't tried it again since that. I really fail to see what's wrong with getting addons without making sure you have the latest version, or moving files forth and back.

@OMAC

We have our own servers to host files, even secretly if it must be. If we would like to do that, we would have done it.

If there is really someone who needs the file, we will make sure he get it. By hosting the files somewhere, and out of our control, is exactly what we had not in mind as we said the DLC will be available on SU exclusively.

It's cool and all but maybe some people are put off by the fact that it requires twice as much space for each mod, as it stores an rsync copy.

Yes, that would be the only negative thing. But somewhere it must store the information what files were changed and what not.

I had a look earlier but couldn't see the DLC available separately on SU, so I assume it's all bundled in the CWR download.

You just update your already installed @CWR2 Modfolder via SU and get the changed files, in this the cwr2_v80.pbo and the (bugged) SP mission.

You just update your already installed @CWR2 Modfolder via SU and get the changed files, in this the cwr2_v80.pbo and the (bugged) SP mission.

W0lle, thanks for your hard efforts.

Um,,well,, how do I even get SU to recognize CWR2? I have the app and I have the MOD, but SU seems not to update or even ck the MOD.

Should be simple enough, but I'm missing out on something here.

SU-->Home-->Install or Update Mods, and Process BIKeys-->.....seems to only update ACE and CBA...doesn't register CWR2 at all...:confused:

EDIT: Never mind. I've moved this question to SU thread for help there. Seems I can figure things out just by pushing buttons here and there.

Edited by Kommiekat

SU aswell as SU-only release - thumbs down.

strictly IMO.

Well, regardless, it is strictly an SU release because SU is the most convenient way to get out DLC's out there.

W0lle, thanks for your hard efforts.

Um,,well,, how do I even get SU to recognize CWR2? I have the app and I have the MOD, but SU seems not to update or even ck the MOD.

Should be simple enough, but I'm missing out on something here.

SU-->Home-->Install or Update Mods, and Process BIKeys-->.....seems to only update ACE and CBA...doesn't register CWR2 at all...:confused:

EDIT: Never mind. I've moved this question to SU thread for help there. Seems I can figure things out just by pushing buttons here and there.

Open Six Launcher, choose six updater.

or

Open Six updater.

Click on the A2 any Vanilla preset. Go to the right pane, click on mods. Sort by name, find @cwr2. Click 'add to preset'. Up in the top right hand corner, click 'install or update mods'.

Edited by Max Power

Click on the A2 any Vanilla preset. Go to the right pane, click on mods. Sort by name, find @cwr2. Click 'add to preset'. Up in the top right hand corner, click 'install or update mods'.

That's not recommended, said preset is a synced preset, that looses most of its properties on the next sync with the portal.

You could use SIX Launcher, just switch through the Mods until CWR2, it might be most convenient.

If you wish to use SIX Updater instead:

a) If you want something quick, without persisting the preset, just follow this link:

sixupdater://mod=7323aff2-728b-11e0-ba2d-001517bd964c

b) If you want something persistent, so a preset you can use later on,

please create a new preset (Right click any empty area in the preset tree on the left), or CLONE an existing one (right click an existing preset in the preset tree).

Then, indeed, go to Mods tab, and add @CWR2 to the preset.

The clue is that SIX Updater works with presets that you need to build yourself, while a few ones are included by default.

Some more info in response at http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118605-Six-Updater-Install-Update-mods-missions-Delta-patching-Server-browser-and-more!&p=2195164&viewfull=1#post2195164

Edited by Sickboy

Im downloading CWR2 now with SIX Launcher, ive only started using it... too easy, i dont think it can get any easier? :)

Im downloading CWR2 now with SIX Launcher, ive only started using it... too easy, i dont think it can get any easier? :)

Glad to hear! Things should get even better once we launch Play withSIX Preview and continue to get better towards full release.

If you have any questions or run into any issues, please feel free to find us at http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Guys, please help us out!

Please check all our terrains for possible problems asap and report them either at our Community Bugtracker or via PM to me.

Look out esp. for trees (partially) inside buildings, terrain visible in buildings and such things so we can finish the terrains anytime soon. :)

A question regarding the terrains: I noticed that they don´t seem to have a grass layer that masks distant units like chernarus does. Should it be like that?

Some time ago I noticed that some trees are glowing with NVG on. Will test it asap and report back. :)

Some time ago I noticed that some trees are glowing with NVG on

GlowingTrees_s.jpg

Confirmed....... dammit! :mad:

Seems to be this one "Tall Oak" model only.... what the hell??? How weird is that?

Well spotted NoRailGunner!

Consider that fixed! (As soon as I figure out what's causing it in the first place - just in case I actually want to do something like that deliberately sometime)... ;)

A question regarding the terrains: I noticed that they don´t seem to have a grass layer that masks distant units like chernarus does.

Yes they do....

GrassLayer.jpg

Pretty cheesy picture - sorry.... but you can clearly see at least part of this distant unit obscured by grass when he goes prone at distance....

Not particularly well obscured, admittedly, but - the grass is only ankle deep down there, so it's working within the constraints of the clutter itself...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Street lamp bug on Malden GPS Ea:43

arma2oa20120903122542797.jpg

Is the Demo 3 the final release, or will there be any other major addons to this? I would love to play entire Cold War Crysis compaign one more time, but I don´t have much time to re-install and re-play this stuff all over again. THanks!

Forgot that on Nogova the water fountains do miss the transparent water texture like they have on Everon. Btw is it possible to make non-enterable building have random dim "window-lights" switched on from 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm? Other things: some of those damaged walls around military bases could use a little more natural concealment eg 1-2 bush or tall grass. :)