Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 87636 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

I very strongly agree. Installing is a piece of cake, and then you are permanently good to go with no beta hassle.

Shouldn't this hotfix be added to the Official Update page?

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=20&id=756%3Aarma-2-combined-operations--operation-arrowhead--reinforcements-patch-1〈=en

unable to comply , xmas mode activated, no staff available :D

I reinstalled ARMAII and OA and now OA won't open and says bad serial # and then tells me: KPFS_BGS requires 'CASigns2'

Problem fixed....steam again.

Edited by CallousDisregard

unable to comply , xmas mode activated, no staff available :D

Merry Christmas, Dwarden! You deserve a nice, long vacation!!!! :)

thx bis,in these dark days for games you r the real gamers super hero,came here to save us from arcade global virus thx have nice holidays guys ;)

I would also like to thank BIS for their tireless dedication. Your community support is completely unmatched by any other developer. This is why I continue to support BIS and why ArmA 2/OA is just about my favorite game of all time. :D

Oh, and Merry Xmas/Happy Holidays!

I applied the "hotfix", overwriting files. Will I (build 636) be compatible with servers on builds 580 and 636 ?

That's what thread title says, but I want to be sure ;]

Edited by Sone

87636 is compatible with 87580

Sorry to ask as I have not got time to test nor download patch right now.

Is the bullet impacts still limited to like 500m in MP?.

If you dont know what I mean is when I would spot for a mate he would fire at a target say 800m away and I would never see a splash but he would as it never got renderd over 500m.

This made a sniper/spotting team harder

Wow I must have got up on the wrong side of the bed :P (edited Starting to wake up a bit now :P)

Sorry to ask.

Edited by stk2008

Yeah I was referring to me self.

I did not think to check the ticket till you said hence (not that I worded very good) that I must have got up on wrong side of bed I is a bit thick (thicker :P) most morning :P

[code]

[/code]Since upgrading to 1.60 I've had a couple of odd moments when using the editor.

A working script suddenly started to behave in an odd manner, my group joined another but my group still followed me although I was no longer the leader. If the leader issued orders they would also follow his orders.

The only fix for this was to delete the mission.sqf.

Earlier in another mission editing session

I was doing this

null=[1] execvm "script.sqf";

script.sqf

_thing = _this select 0;
hint format ["%1",_thing];

Hint was returning any

The only fix was to delete the mission.sqm

It seems for some reason mission.sqm is becoming corrupt.

Yes I'm just trying to get someone else to check it out first, when I get chance I'll include working and none working versions.

OK I have searched DevHeaven, but can't find this issue - maybe someone can point me in the right direction.......

When two armoured vehicles collide there is a 'clang' sound that can not only be heard close to the vehicles but FAR AWAY! This is especially troubling when in camera mode over 2km away from the collision.

Anyone else confirm this?

Its not only this, many BIS Sounds are audible over very large distances. There is one collision sound that can be heard over kilometers as if the vehicle is standing right next to you. Getting in/out of vehicels is also audible over to large distances

Getting in/out of vehicels is also audible over to large distances

I thought I would also note about sounds over large distance, I posted in JArheads thread as I thought it was his mod be he confirmed otherwise.

I had enemy spawn around 1000+ with a truck transporting them, and as the door/open close sound triggers as each member embarked I could hear the door sounds, it wasnt loud but sounded like it was coming from the small village 200 meters or so away as opposed to 1000+ ... could be a game breaker based on knowing a position if disembarking projects the sound that far.

As it was random, I wonder if anyone else could test a team embarking a truck at about 1000+ range and test if the door sounds are clear?

if anyone has (even partial) list of these sounds and it's not on CIT yet, please CIT it ... post URL here thanks

Has steam automatically updated me to this patch? and should everyone download and use it?

no, you need manually patch it ... and new beta is out

if anyone has (even partial) list of these sounds and it's not on CIT yet, please CIT it ... post URL here thanks

Well the problem is that there are multiple sounds for coliding with objects, but only one of them seems to play over very large distances. Its really hard to repro