atikabubu posted

a while ago. Took me less than two minutes to find it, by the way.

I don't think it's contained in anything, but you get the classname and how to use it.

So M1A2 Abrams tanks are not resistant to SABOT rounds fired from other Abrams tanks that hit the frontal turret armor, the toughest point of the tank? Not that it really matters in the end, but just wondering.

So M1A2 Abrams tanks are not resistant to SABOT rounds fired from other Abrams tanks that hit the frontal turret armor, the toughest point of the tank? Not that it really matters in the end, but just wondering.

APFSDS is no joke. The only armor that I know of that stands a chance of defeating a sabot is the reactive armor on the T-90, though newer versions of the round are supposed to penetrate now.

ACE estimates that the Abrams' sabot round can penetrate 830mm of RHA. That means it should penetrate, according to even the highest estimates for Abrams' frontal turret armor.

According to Wiki frontal armor on turret is 880-900mm vs KE for M1A1 AIM, and 940-960mm for M1A2. Just sayin'. Interesting, M829A3 should slice trough hull armor (560-690mm) like hot knife through butter

Question for the floor, back in 1.11 wasn't there a DAGR>SOFLAM link up added?

If so, is it still there because i can't get it working.... and done the searches.

Does anybody know if it is possible to enable the ammo cockoff module by default without editing missions?

BTW. Did Dwarden fix the bug that made you introduce it as a module?

Guys possible stupid question coming up, so apologies in advance!

Are the links for the download of ace etc on the dev webste the latest and final version?

I have combined ops and just as a test I downloaded ace and ace_x, when I start them both, it states that ace_x will not work with the version I have...

According to Wiki frontal armor on turret is 880-900mm vs KE for M1A1 AIM, and 940-960mm for M1A2. Just sayin'. Interesting, M829A3 should slice trough hull armor (560-690mm) like hot knife through butter

Great, unsourced estimates that aren't even found in the English version of the article. All estimates are only guesses, some more educated than others according to the expertise of the source, and vary by hundreds of millimeters.

There are low and high numbers in the spectrum of the internet, and you have to make sure that you don't choose high armor estimates with low weapon penetration estimates, etc.

downloaded and installed current errors:

1.when downloaded standalone parts standard windows 7 64 bit setting would not allow you unpack 7z files into game folder.You have to do it manually.Otherwise you will get error,said errors in packed files.

So you have to unpack to unprotected area (not in folder program files) - somewhere on drive c or d if you have one.and after that copy to game folder.

2.when unpacked give you error that user config is not present.You have to find clippe.exe file mark it run as administrator and run it changing manual options.

3.cba error not clear which one you need if you have particular version.

from readme

@CBA => Copy this directory to your Arma II game directory (see manual for more details).

@CBA_OA => Copy this as well, but only if you have Operation Arrowhead content.

I have to run both to run ace mod on CO version - but tells me error,that I have to disable CBA.

Great, unsourced estimates that aren't even found in the English version of the article. All estimates are only guesses, some more educated than others according to the expertise of the source, and vary by hundreds of millimeters.

I think I tracked source of these numbers http://208.84.116.223/forums/index.php?showtopic=26745&st=0.

There are low and high numbers in the spectrum of the internet, and you have to make sure that you don't choose high armor estimates with low weapon penetration estimates, etc.

Yes, giving too much armor may brake gameplay, no argue here, M829A3 is already much stronger than BM-42M in ACE (penetration 830 vs 650), making M1 turret virtually inpenetrable surely won't help. But again, unlike ACE most estaminations suggest modern tanks should have rather big chance to survive beign hit in turret even with newest KE penetrators, while in ACE M829A3 to T-90A is almost certain kill. But that may be just old gameplay/realism ballance issue, or just me having too little sleep lately and talking nonsense again.

Edited by boota

When I play ACE both T-90s and Abrams can kill each other or survive the hits. It's a tossup.

When I play ACE both T-90s and Abrams can kill each other or survive the hits. It's a tossup.

Yeah they are quite even.

downloaded and installed current errors:

1.when downloaded standalone parts standard windows 7 64 bit setting would not allow you unpack 7z files into game folder.You have to do it manually.Otherwise you will get error,said errors in packed files.

So you have to unpack to unprotected area (not in folder program files) - somewhere on drive c or d if you have one.and after that copy to game folder.

2.when unpacked give you error that user config is not present.You have to find clippe.exe file mark it run as administrator and run it changing manual options.

3.cba error not clear which one you need if you have particular version.

from readme

@CBA => Copy this directory to your Arma II game directory (see manual for more details).

@CBA_OA => Copy this as well, but only if you have Operation Arrowhead content.

I have to run both to run ace mod on CO version - but tells me error,that I have to disable CBA.

use six updater, solves most of these problems. as for no.3, if u have CO u need CBA, CBA_A2 and CBA_OA now.

What's up with r569? Nothing listed in the changelog, it's a bit puzzling.

We just had this error in our Dedicated Server ... with r568 .. The server crashed 2 times with that error.

ErrorMessage: Warning: preNLOD format in object x\ace\addons\main\dummy2.p3d

Its that solved in r569 ??

Ive got a small question about the process of ACE updating using SIX Updater - whatever i am doing, it is always written for me in SU that my version is 569/527 for ACE and 365/354 for ACEX. As i understand that means that the latst version is 569, mine is 527, but after im pressing "install or update" and loading process ends, this 569/527 appeares again.

Can someone please help me to fi this problem?

nevermind all sorted

Edited by Aussie

For some reason, every time i try to change a key binding (with ACE Clippi open), it doesn't save. On the clippi it says settings saved, but when I open the game up again, the key bindings I changed default back to the originals. Anyone else getting this? Or am I doing something wrong?

For some reason, every time i try to change a key binding (with ACE Clippi open), it doesn't save. On the clippi it says settings saved, but when I open the game up again, the key bindings I changed default back to the originals. Anyone else getting this? Or am I doing something wrong?

Have you selected the profile that you play with in ACE Clippi?

Since this is an ACE issue (for me anyways) I've been advised to take it up here: No matter what infantry unit I use, I'm always equipped with what I believe is a vehicle headlight. When it's dark I will get the same option for turning on my headlights in the action menu as I would get in a vehicle. This is quite a problem because on some maps whatever key I use for headlights/IR laser/weapons flashlight turns on the vehicle headlight that my unit is carrying for some strange reason. On some maps it doesn't happen, on some maps I can turn my IR laser on if I turn it up into the air and nothing obstructs it, like the foliage of a tree, and on some maps the headlights are prioritised, meaning that I can't use the IR laser or flashlight on my weapon.

Has anyone else experienced this, and found a solution?

Have you selected the profile that you play with in ACE Clippi?

Yeah I have...I only have 1 profile. Worked in the past, now can't get it to work

Question for the floor, back in 1.11 wasn't there a DAGR>SOFLAM link up added?

If so, is it still there because i can't get it working.... and done the searches.

Only a DAGR to Vector link AFAIK, been a long time since I've used the feature though.

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/DAGR+howto

Ive got a small question about the process of ACE updating using SIX Updater - whatever i am doing, it is always written for me in SU that my version is 569/527 for ACE and 365/354 for ACEX. As i understand that means that the latst version is 569, mine is 527, but after im pressing "install or update" and loading process ends, this 569/527 appeares again.

Can someone please help me to fi this problem?

hmmm did u try to do a 'sync with su portal' in SU? or maybe update your sixupdater? maybe it is old version.

hope it helps.