@mdvad Might it be conflict betveen ACE and COSLX? I think both add some new effects and mechanics, and you dont want to use two mods changing the same things as they will be in conflict.

Hello Mirek!

Thanks for answering.

I find it odd that happens, because these visual effects were only activated after I activated the ACE.

I really like COslx, and not use the file "vehicleseffects.pbo" which causes some visual effects happen.

Therefore, this effect began to appear after the ACE has been triggered, it must be a file inside the ACE, correct?

Is there any way to try to fix what is causing this infinite loop?

I really do not want to stop using the COslx, because I do not use ACE 100% of the time.

I wanted to 'bump' what my problem was with the AI not healing as I figured it out.

Apparently since the games recent updates, this has changed one of ACE's original implementations of the wounding system. Basically, the only way the AI heals now is if you interact with them and look into their gear, for this will initialize the healing items they have. Failing to do this prevents the AI from even using their items, and why you can use morphine and bandages on people immediately, when nobody is hurt. Anything running will assume they don't have healing items despite the wounding module being active, unless a player manually inspects the individual AI. Kind of hard to do this for the OPFOR.

I know ACE for ArmA II may never be updated again, but whatever has been updated for ArmA II essentially destroyed the wounding module. But would anybody who's been following ArmA II's updates since Corepatch have any idea what was changed under the hood to bork the wounding module? It's now 100% worthless unless you're playing TvT gameplay because of this problem. I'm merely curious to what under-the-hood changes led to this being busted the way that it is, because something really did bust it. :P

It appears to me that some patch destroyed some more stuff than the wounding system with AI (which was never really useful since AI gave no response on being injured/knocked out and you basically weren't able to lead your squad as you are supposed to, but then again, ACE never supported friendly AI in the first place unfortunatly). I don't know if that is just me - but since recently I noticed that the M15 mine became useless, not even doing any damage to tanks even when laid in pairs and only slightly scratching an APCs left track (its always the left one) when driving directly over it. But the crew gets knocked out by indirect damage almost all the time.

Which leads me to another annoying state / feature? of ACE that I never really found a fix for. On 99% of the occasions I drive in something like a Bradley or Stryker and it gets hit by an SPG-9 or RPG - the vehicle almost takes zero damage, but all my crewmen, me and 50% of the men in cargo get killed or knocked out immediatly. This makes driving vehicles a deathtrap, especially since the AI can for some reason spamfire precise SPGs like its a laser guided rapid fire weapon.

Hello Mirek!

Thanks for answering.

I find it odd that happens, because these visual effects were only activated after I activated the ACE.

I really like COslx, and not use the file "vehicleseffects.pbo" which causes some visual effects happen.

Therefore, this effect began to appear after the ACE has been triggered, it must be a file inside the ACE, correct?

Is there any way to try to fix what is causing this infinite loop?

I really do not want to stop using the COslx, because I do not use ACE 100% of the time.

I have seen what you are describing. For me it happens when the ACE "enable ammo cookoff" module is placed on the map. Happens with most armor but is guaranteed to happen with the shilka. Sound and vfx loops forever, only a map restart can fix it. Maybe check the maps you play for that ACE module.

It appears to me that some patch destroyed some more stuff than the wounding system with AI (which was never really useful since AI gave no response on being injured/knocked out and you basically weren't able to lead your squad as you are supposed to, but then again, ACE never supported friendly AI in the first place unfortunatly). I don't know if that is just me - but since recently I noticed that the M15 mine became useless, not even doing any damage to tanks even when laid in pairs and only slightly scratching an APCs left track (its always the left one) when driving directly over it. But the crew gets knocked out by indirect damage almost all the time.

Which leads me to another annoying state / feature? of ACE that I never really found a fix for. On 99% of the occasions I drive in something like a Bradley or Stryker and it gets hit by an SPG-9 or RPG - the vehicle almost takes zero damage, but all my crewmen, me and 50% of the men in cargo get killed or knocked out immediatly. This makes driving vehicles a deathtrap, especially since the AI can for some reason spamfire precise SPGs like its a laser guided rapid fire weapon.

Try the tank damage system mod by nice_boat and rydygier: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6968but remember to implement it into your maps instead of using the mod version because it has a weird glitch where destroyed armor will spawn two wrecks. 

Hi Madvad

No idea what else could trigger that bug. Iam Using CBA_CO, ACE, ACEX, ACEX_RU, ACEX_USNAVY, BLASTCORE, and J.S.R.S i never used COslx. dont even know what that is, and i never saw that glitch you described so i thought "ok he uses mod i dont use and he has problem i dont have, so the mod has to be the cause." 

Hello, I would need a solution to trigger scoring and kill confirmation when a player use a ACE satchel charges (or any other type of mines, and mortars who are parts of the ACE weapons)

currently when you kill someone with these particular ACE weapons there is no points added in the scoreboard and the kill message : player (X) has killed player (Y) does not show up.

maybe a solution would be to add an Eventhandler when someone is detonating the satchel, or giving the points to the bomb layer.

Thank you very much mate, but I think I misspoke when I said complete offline classlist, I meant, complete classlist with config, I also need to see the configs for each object.

THX.

Hey,

I am having a problem with ACE2.
So I tried to install this mod and I thought I had it installed, but every time I try to save the key assignments in the ACE settings in game it gives me this message, ACE settings saved... Please save them from the clipboard into \userconfig\ACE\settings.ace, or use the ACE Clippy tool. I can't figure out what to do here and it keeps getting rid of the settings, so do you have any sugestions?
Also I cannot eject from crashing jets which is quite annoying, and I have tried to set key assignments for the eject key and as soon as I try to eject using that key, it will not work, can you help me with this as well?

Also every time I try to go to the settings in notepad, i get a blank page with no settings actually saved onto it.

Thanks,

Madcopterpilot1

Hey,

I am having a problem with ACE2.

So I tried to install this mod and I thought I had it installed, but every time I try to save the key assignments in the ACE settings in game it gives me this message, ACE settings saved... Please save them from the clipboard into \userconfig\ACE\settings.ace, or use the ACE Clippy tool. I can't figure out what to do here and it keeps getting rid of the settings, so do you have any sugestions?

Also I cannot eject from crashing jets which is quite annoying, and I have tried to set key assignments for the eject key and as soon as I try to eject using that key, it will not work, can you help me with this as well?

Also every time I try to go to the settings in notepad, i get a blank page with no settings actually saved onto it.

Thanks,

Madcopterpilot1

HI, Go to the @ACE folder, locate Clippi folder, Run ACECLIPPI.exe, there click on "Change Manual Options" and then set your identity. After that Run the game, and set your ACEsettings. Thats all.

To Eject, you usualy scroll your mousewheel, pick the "Engage Eject" option, and then pick the "Eject" Option. Works for me everytime.

Be advised however that some Mods and ACR DLC are not ACE compatible. So if you use, moded aircraft, it might have broken functions. In ACR DLC for example the spike missiles on Pandur APC dont work when ACE enabled.

I did that and it still has not saved my ACE settings, I have staying brass set, and the interaction menu key set as right windows and both are not working.

Also, I do not get an engage eject option or eject option, it took those away when I installed ACE. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Do you have your Userconfig files in correct folders? There should be aceclientsideconfig.cpp and aceserversideconfig.cpp and setings.ace files in  steam/steamapps/common/Arma 2 operation arowhead/userconfig/ace. 

Also be sure you have set correct identity in aceclippi. There would be madcopterpilot1 and madcopterpilot1.vars. Use the one without .vars.

Hello, I have a problem with this : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12161
In this mod, some of russian's soldiers especially team leaders and few other soldiers from MVD and Specnaz, they don't have ammo. I mean,Soldiers have ammo in eq, but they cant load the weapon because it is the ammunition AP . It seems that the soldiers don't recognize this type of ammunition, and they still shout "no ammo ". How can I fix it ? Also, a few armoured vehicles like M1A1 Abrams, and all kind of Bradleys, they all don't have ammo for the main gun. It's a bug or what ? How i can fix it ?

I have ArmA 2 Combined Ops with these mods : ACE, ACEX, ACEX_RU, ACEX_USNavy, ACEX_SM, CBA_CO

PS. Sorry for my bad english.

Is there any good documentation left for this mod?

Hello, I have a problem with this : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12161

In this mod, some of russian's soldiers especially team leaders and few other soldiers from MVD and Specnaz, they don't have ammo. I mean,Soldiers have ammo in eq, but they cant load the weapon because it is the ammunition AP . It seems that the soldiers don't recognize this type of ammunition, and they still shout "no ammo ". How can I fix it ? Also, a few armoured vehicles like M1A1 Abrams, and all kind of Bradleys, they all don't have ammo for the main gun. It's a bug or what ? How i can fix it ?

I have ArmA 2 Combined Ops with these mods : ACE, ACEX, ACEX_RU, ACEX_USNavy, ACEX_SM, CBA_CO

PS. Sorry for my bad english.

Armaholic version ACEX_RU 1.13.0.64 is outdated Use Play With Six  Version ACEX_RU 1.14.0.77

Same will go for other ace mods. 

Current versions are:

ACE 1.14.0.597

ACEX 1.14.0.372

ACEX_USNAvy  1.14.0.79

All only available trough PWS as far as iam informed.

(By current i mean still few years old and not adjusted to latest game updates.)

Is there any good documentation left for this mod?

All the web pages for this mod i could find are down. No documentation to be found except what you can dig from this thread.

This mod is long dead and not maintained by the autors.

Hi Folks,

Relatively new to Arma - while I use A3 as well - I want to get A2 working specifically to utilize Unsung 2.6... So - sadly - as posted above - the actual documentation site for ACE 2 has been removed - so I guess I need to improvise, adapt, and overcome... I've been working my way through this thread and watching relevant YouTube videos I could find on the subject at hand....

I have a couple questions I was hoping someone would remember the answers to and would be kind enough to to share them...

1) When I cycle the "F" Key - the weapon does not show what firing mode it's in (semi auto/full auto) or even what grenade I am throwing - is there anyway to determine this ?

2) when I open my "G" gear/backpack the screen seems messed up like tow different backpack screens are competing for real estate... I've seen this issue referenced in comments on YouTube - but no solutions were offered... Any idea as to how to fix this ?

And finally...

3) I've seen the "Grass View Block Module" listed and referenced in this thread - however when I go through my ACE module list - this one isn't listed... Is there something I have to do to make it available ?

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greetings,

It's been a long time since I have played ACE 2 but I'll give it a try...

1) I don't recall if this is a ACE feature or a difficulty thing.  I'll have to fire it up myself and look.

2) Could be UI size.  Check your game settings.  Requires a restart of the game to take proper effect.  Might even have something to do with #1

3) I found mention of a module or two as well that I couldn't find in the editor.  Worse yet I had missions that were missing them and it drove me crazy.  Then I discovered there was an ACE 2 version 1.14 beta release.  Installed that and the problem was solved. Sadly I do no know where this can be found publicly any more as http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12155is a useless page with all dead links.

Hi...

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond - really appreciated... Yeah - it's a shame about the documentation - I can't be the last person still messing with A2 and it sounds like ACE is almost essential...

As I've read through this thread - I've seen it mentioned that 3.14 is only available via PW6... I haven't tried PW6 yet - but getting the last release seems like my best first step... I'll see if I can get the file tonight and I'll post my outcome...

I've never played with the UI settings but I'll try that as well...

Now I at least have a starting point - thanks again !!!

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Folks,

Loaded With Six - installed all the latest updates - played with the interface size in settings - no joy... Same issues...

1) When I cycle the "F" Key - the weapon does not show what firing mode it's in (semi auto/full auto) or even what grenade I am throwing - is there anyway to determine this ?

2) when I open my "G" gear/backpack the screen seems messed up like tow different backpack screens are competing for real estate... I've seen this issue referenced in comments on YouTube - but no solutions were offered... Any idea as to how to fix this ?

And finally...

3) I've seen the "Grass View Block Module" listed and referenced in this thread - however when I go through my ACE module list - this one isn't listed... Is there something I have to do to make it available ?

My Screens don't seem right - the dialogs seem pushed off the top of the screen - 4:3 monitor...

Any ideas ???

Thanks again...

ArmA2OA%202016-08-27%2010-54-44_zpsbftaa

ArmA2OA%202016-08-27%2010-55-02_zpsi60bh

Regards,
Scott

Hi folks,

Please disregard the above, everything is working now. I didn't realize that "With Six" actually copies all the mods into the users document folders. So I was still launching the old mods in the old location without the updates. Once I figured it all out and pointed Arma to the correct folder everything worked as it should and my problems went away.

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dears, were i can find last versions of ACE for Arma 1.62, I dont want install 1.63 . 

So the newest Ace and acex version is requiring corepatch or stable release of arma OA? I cant find any info on this.

I have a problem and perhaps someone here has an answer. Oddly enough, it appears ACE wounds is kind of busted with the AI: AI can be injured but take no actions to ever heal. When I tell them to heal, they can magically use my morphine, and then and only then does the game recognize they were injured or bleeding in the first place. They still have lost all initiative to ever heal anymore...

This very clearly was not something that happened before, but since Bohemia has been updating the game on Steam, this problem has arisen. I wanted to know if anybody has a fix to this. This happens when opting out of betas, and when using the beta, so it has to be one of the updates since the death of the GameSpy servers. This has kind of totally ruined ArmA II for me, because of how heavily I used and enjoyed the ACE wounding system: what's the point in it if the AI can even use it any more? It clearly used to, too!

EDIT 2: Okay, it still appears to work on 1.63, but it seems to have an odd delay, which is why I thought it was broken. People can be injured for minutes and be visibly bleeding before the game realizes they're bleeding, and initializes treatment for their wounds. I remember simple wounds resulted in healing, but it seems now the AI has to be wounded for a longer period of time before they heal, potentially becoming unconscious a few times before they realize "oh shit, I have morphine and bandages". It's really, really strange...I have to imagine some of the recent fixes of the game have introduced bugs that delay this.

Unless my memory is abysmal, the only time the AI should be running while bleeding is if they have no healing items. It seems that they just love to do that now.

This wounding is broken in base game, not ace - in vanilla they never healing themselves, i can scream "Injured!" for hour or longer, and noone cares. Also when i walkup to medic, there is no action "heal" or anything. I'm pretty dissapinted they left game by breaking bacis feature. Can i use 1.62 for ACE 1.14?