Has no one ever reported this no ammo thing ? seems like a huge problem.. In the launch options i only have CBA mod, Fallujah map, ACE 2 ACE2 extras ACE2 RU and the EXPANSION thing to syncronise ARMA 2 with OA. thats it.. the USMC units its not even in the launch options its just copied pbo's. I tried turning off ACE 2 and it worked fine the tanks had ammo...

Edited by Hamonto

Has no one ever reported this no ammo thing ? seems like a huge problem...

It has been asked here before, and the issue was a mod conflict. As I said, I can't reproduce the issue. Since no one else appears to have this problem, it must be something on your end. Where did you put those USMC .pbos?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

ACE does not handle voice channels at all, AFAIK.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

If I'm not using actual sounds/voices, is having the text appear on screen still considered a channel? By that I mean, setting a plane named plane1, that's airborne at the start of a mission and I also set a trigger that activates when said plane flies through it, In the "On activation" box of the trigger I type the following, Plane1 sidechat "This is your captain speaking, blah, blah, blah" the text for those words should appear, regardless whether of whether or not I have actual voices attached to them. But in ACE, they don't. In Vanilla A2 they appear, as well as OA, CO, etc. So if its not ACE what else could it be? If you change it to globalchat, it works. But sidechat, groupChat, and vehicleChat do not.

Not sure how else to explain it.

Yes, voice channels and chat (text) channels are one in the same. When you switch to a channel, you are then speaking and chatting in that channel (as well as placing map markers).

Disabling channels is something that is usually accomplished using disableChannels in Description.ext.

Has no one ever reported this no ammo thing ? seems like a huge problem

Played a few hours of ACE MSO over the weekend and all tanks had ammunition. Also was able to use all chat channels (someone had this issues a page or two back). Mods were all the ACE ones plus ACRE, Fata, clientside stuff.

Has no one ever reported this no ammo thing ? seems like a huge problem.. In the launch options i only have CBA mod, Fallujah map, ACE 2 ACE2 extras ACE2 RU and the EXPANSION thing to syncronise ARMA 2 with OA. thats it.. the USMC units its not even in the launch options its just copied pbo's. I tried turning off ACE 2 and it worked fine the tanks had ammo...

Me2..... I have CBA, Swedish Force, ACE2, ACEX, ACE RU, ACE PLA, official BAF...I cut Addons folder from ARMA 2 & paste into OA folder.. SU 25 cannon also has no ammo..maybe the conflict is due to CBA.....will try CBA previous version later and hope it will fix.

Try without the Swedish Forces first.

Try without the Swedish Forces first.

Doesn't help......try everything...only works without ACE:(

Two of my friends have a strange problem. When playing online with me They dont have option to equip earplugs/gasmasks. While i have this options working allright. No matter if iam hosting the mission, or one of them does.

In singleplayer, they say, it works ok for both of them.

Niether of them speaks english, thats why I make the post here.

it's usually linked to not configuring ACE, namely the ace_clientside_config.hpp file in your Arma 2\userconfig\ace folder (you can also do this by launching aceclippi found in the @ACE folder).

Oh feth! How could i forget about aceclippy? Its long long time i did the setup myself. Thank you mate.

Im using the latest version of ARMA 2 OA and the latest version of A.C.E. 2 mod the 522 i think. The major bug is that the tanks and armored vehicles have no ammo in their main guns.. Pls help this is a major bug and there is very little information on the net and forums..

can u fix it? :(

Hi, does anyone know how to allow helicopters to lift other helicopters in ACE? Is there a class that can be defined?

Edited by TheFloatingCheese

Has there been some change with maptools controls?

I can't rotate or drag them any more, only place and align with the H and J keys.

So it's impossible to use the range ruler now, unless something was momentarily messed up.

Here is the older maptools that work as intended. (Dragging with mouse, etc)

Just replace the pbo inside your ace folder if need be. Of course this alters your ACE...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/187563416/ace_sys_maptools.pbo

Also - Here is the old weapon resting. I have to disagree with rocko, we are trained to adjust our bodies to the weapon, not the weapon to our bodies. Sights should work as intended in previous versions before the change. (3 point iron sights align with player's eye, not grade of terrain)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/187563416/ace_sys_weaponrest.pbo

Edited by PiZZADOX
Adding content

Ive been using ACE for many years now but recently I have been making missions and after its all done and i go to preview it to make sure everything is working, me or anyone in my game are unable to add items to our backpacks, i do know how to do it, its just not working, please any help would be much appreciated

Most likely you are using units that do not have ACE configs for them (or backpacks that are not ACE compatible) - try with default vanilla BIS units and a backpack from the ACE Ruck box... if that works your ACE is fine you just need to use ACE-compatible units/backpacks.

Would anyone have working http download links for rev 1.14 RC1?

ive been having a big problem with graphics using ace mod, the textures flicker from below lowest quality to what I have set every second and I lose 30 fps, it usually does it mostly when looking at an objective or close by one, all game modes do it, sp and mp.. it makes it so I cant play ace at all. Ive looked for days now for someone else with same problem but cant find any, ive tested removing mods I have one at a time, the only time the flickering stopped was when I removed ace all together.

p.s also tried using versions 1.13 and 1.14, same thing happens...

Hi

I noticed that ACR_DLC assets sometimes do not work with ACE.

Especialy:

- ACR Choppers doesnt alow ACE Fastroping.

- ACR PANDUR II Missile launcher doesnt work at all with ACE but it works in wanilla.

Cannon and machinegun works OK.

Does anyone have solution, ACE configs for ACR, or conmprehensive easy to use manual how to make ACE configs?

I have another problem with ACE.

To be more precize two of my team members have a problem with Interaction menu.

One have an laptop and dont have Windows button on his keyboard so he cannont use Interaction menu. Rebinding key to different button doesnt work.

The other have the same problem but instead of laptop he has Desktop.

They can equip Earplugs so ACEclippi shouldnt be the problem, but i told them to run aceclippi once more anyvay to be sure. i doubt it will help.

SO any ideas will be appreciated.

I've come back to ArmA2 as i cant find a decent Warfare scenario for ArmA3 - well one that doesn't lag so bad!!

Still onto my issues; After moving to Steam :rolleyes: i decided to ensure all ACE MODS were correct and reading through all the documentation i have found this conflicting information;

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/cca/wiki/Installation

There are three different setups depending on what variant of ArmA II you're using:

If you have ArmA II Original, use both both the @CBA and @CBA_A2 mod folders

If you have ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead, use both the @CBA and @CBA_OA mod folders

If you have the "merged" ArmA II: Combined Operations (ArmA II+Arrowhead expansion), use the @CBA, @CBA_A2 and @CBA_OA mod folders.

I have Combined OPS so i must use @CBA, @CBA_A2 and @CBA_OA or do I? As below tells me not to use CBA_OA :confused:

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Installation

Stable Release

CBA and ACE are always Required

CBA_OA is only required for Operation Arrowhead Standalone users. Combined Ops users should NOT use it.

ACEX and ACEX_SM are optional, ACEX_SM should not be installed on dedicated servers. ACEX_RU and ACEX_USNavy are also optional, but are intended only for Combined Ops users.

Also further down that page;

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Installation

CBA should come first, then ACE, then ACEX if you are using that. If using a beta version of ArmA2, include the beta module at the front of your module list - before any of the ACE-related modules. The updater has the option of creating shortcuts for you, using those as a template is always a good idea.

For example:

-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM

So my questions are;

1. CBA_OA - use it or not?

2. Does the order of the MODS really matter? (Been using Tophe's Server Tool (2.4) which seems to put the MODS alphabetically in the command line)

I have been running an ACE Warfare Scenario (ACE WF BE 2.071) on my home LAN Server - there are some issues but i'm not sure if they are related to problems within the scenario. The issues are;

On re-spawning, sometimes my call-sign is changed to something other than No 1 position.

Sometimes when re-spawning at a town Camps, all of my units are moved from their various map positions to my position.

Salvage truck does not work if i disconnect from game and connect later - I can still get in truck but it does not salvage wrecks.

I run CBA_CO only, and everything runs well.

Er... i don't understand?

---------- Post added at 16:57 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

I run CBA_CO only, and everything runs well.

"CBA_CO" ah ha! I wasn't aware of that MOD :o Will download and give it a go. Many thanks!

Any ideas on the command line order preference?