It would be nice if someone could give us some reliable information. I often use columdrum's ACE wounding system revive script and it has a great feature, which makes the player die permanently (even if the player has not yet run out of lives) if the wounded player is not treated before a certain amount of time has elapsed. The only problem is that I am afraid of using this feature because I have also experienced that sometimes players cannot be revived.

Does anyone know for sure what to do if a wounded player does not seem to be bleeding but is "not responsive"?

Does anyone know for sure what to do if a wounded player does not seem to be bleeding but is "not responsive"?

Depends on why is he unconscious. Was he hit by a bullet, or did he fall for no apparent reason?

If he fallen for no apparent reason, i use morphine. Because sometimes you fall unconscious if you are in pain too long.

When you check the person it should say if they are in pain or not - no pain, no morphine. If the player is not bleeding and in pain give them morphine (one) then epi. If they still don't wake give another epi but avoid giving more than one morphine. I've had to use 2 or 3 epi on occasion to revive someone.

As Harzach posted bandage, morphine, epi, first aid is really all you need. Stabilize just buys you some time if you have no medical gear. IMO tourniquet is more annoying than useful.

It would be nice if someone could give us some reliable information. I often use columdrum's ACE wounding system revive script and it has a great feature, which makes the player die permanently (even if the player has not yet run out of lives) if the wounded player is not treated before a certain amount of time has elapsed. The only problem is that I am afraid of using this feature because I have also experienced that sometimes players cannot be revived.

I use it in all of my missions, and it works very well. Generally, not being able to revive someone indicates that they are not being treated correctly. Read the diagnosis text in the upper right - it tells you everything you need to know, as SavageCDN has explained.

I use it in all of my missions, and it works very well. Generally, not being able to revive someone indicates that they are not being treated correctly. Read the diagnosis text in the upper right - it tells you everything you need to know, as SavageCDN has explained.

The funny thing is that I have just tried what you suggested and although I haven't really had time for a proper test it does indeed seem that this "not responsive" problem can be solved by giving the wounded some morphine.

Pretty sure the tourniquet is still broken, but I may be wrong. I have found myself sticking to a pretty simple routine of:

- bandage (as many times as necessary, elastic bandages are more effective)

- morphine (unless wounded is already under the influence)

- epinephrine

- first aid (if necessary)

I have never needed to use any other items/options.

+1 for this. usually if i have tourniquet i apply it first for heavy bleeding, then apply bandage/elastic until bleeding is stop then remove tourniquet.

i also read somewhere that one shld stop all bleeding b4 applying epi/morphine.

usually i like to apply morphine (if needed) to an unconscious player b4 epi to wake him up so that he doesn't wake up and run off b4 i fully heal him. some people don't know how to 'accept morphine' thru the scroll menu.

I have a technical question - my ingame player name has quotation marks " in it, and ACE is having problems with that (in the clientside.hpp). PwS writes the name in plaintext, which breaks ACE goggles and produces the usual error message. I tried putting them in URL encoded as %22 (same as in my A2 user profile filename), but that didn't work. Any help please?

Many thanks to luckyhendrix for figuring out how to set something on fire! :cool:

Hey guys,

iam looking for classnames for ACE items like Double keycuffs, gasmasks, the flashlight thats used for the map, earplugs, ACRE radios, ACEweapons, ACEmagazines and stuff. i found some Lists of classnames on the internet but non of them contains items iam looking for.

Edit:

Lists i found but are useles or dont contain everithing i need: http://freeace.wikkii.com/wiki/Class_Lists_for_ACE2 Seems outdated.

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/wagn/Classlists completely useless. it says ACE2 but shows ARMA 3

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/6357 4years outdated

http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_ammo/classlistThis one looks good, but still doesnt contain doublekeycuff.

Edited by Mirek

Thx but still canot find anything usefull there.

Thx but still canot find anything usefull there.

Every classname is available there. The classname for ACE double keycuffs is ACE_KeyCuffs.

i friend of mine is having this problem do anyone know how to fix it we cleared the mpmission cashe, reinstalled ace and acre the only thing that hassent been done is a comple hardrive format

acre%20error.jpg

^ what he said - the acre_clientside_config.hpp file must be in the directory:

ArmaInstallDirectory\Userconfig\acre\

I asked this more than a month ago, a few pages back, but I've been having real game destroying issues with the tracking system ever since they changed it from the simple 'Group GPS Markers always on map, everyone is happy' to 'You must view using the Forward Battlestation Command Thundercats Brigade 2 thing', and while I definitely understand it's in there for the realism for some people, it puts a huge hamper on the way my group plays. We like just about everything else about the latest ACE (Except how easy it is to pass out from pain, if anyone knows how to edit that let me know) but I would really just like the old tracking system back.

Someone back when I asked before mentioned frankensteining my ACE to include that, but I've no idea how. I tried taking the tracking system from 1.13 and it just broke the system.

If anyone knows how this could be done, please let me know. Few have ever answered this question with anything more than an unanswer.

I asked this more than a month ago, a few pages back, but I've been having real game destroying issues with the tracking system ever since they changed it from the simple 'Group GPS Markers always on map, everyone is happy' to 'You must view using the Forward Battlestation Command Thundercats Brigade 2 thing', and while I definitely understand it's in there for the realism for some people, it puts a huge hamper on the way my group plays. We like just about everything else about the latest ACE (Except how easy it is to pass out from pain, if anyone knows how to edit that let me know) but I would really just like the old tracking system back.

Someone back when I asked before mentioned frankensteining my ACE to include that, but I've no idea how. I tried taking the tracking system from 1.13 and it just broke the system.

If anyone knows how this could be done, please let me know. Few have ever answered this question with anything more than an unanswer.

I too have this problem. Much like this bug that occurs aswell.

Although there is a bug tracker issue already although, it hasn't been updated in 3 months and i would like to know the status on this.

Kind Regards

Where can I find group classnames for ACE and its extensions' units? I want to add them to RUIS, which deals with BIS_fnc_spawnGroup so a group's name is needed.

Is there still no work or at least news about ACE for ARMA 3 ?

Why are you still kicking the dead horse ARMA 2 ,

concetrate all your efforts on ARMA 3 already ,

or it will never be the replacement we all want it to be.

Anybody know where I can find a rev 592 of 1.14?

I'm going to try taking the tracking from that version and see if its more compatible, but so far it just appears to have fallen off of the face of the internet.

@Jake_Krieger

the devs of ACE owe us nothing, and there are a lot of people still playing Arma2 which is an amazing game, particularly using ACE and ACRE.

i believe the devs are finishing off ACE2 for A2 to a stable, bug free version as a gift for those who don't like the futuristic setting of A3, and I respect them for doing this. Other popular mods are also getting a 'final pass' before attention is switched to A3 such as the Unsung Vietnam mod and the RKSL studios with their Typhoon.

Personally I play more A3 than A2 now, and there are already a lot of mods that give an ACE-like experience, but I am patiently waiting for the real thing, which I have on good authority IS coming and is being actively worked on.

Remember that A3 tools for modders have only just been released, and still not all of them. Arma3 is in its infancy, and soon most of our favourite mods will appear there in one form or another.

Anyway, enough about A3. This is an Arma2 thread, and should be kept on topic, in case a mod looks in!

Together with the aforementioned bug with ACE tracking, i have found that i cannot keycuff other players, it shows me a script error, it relieves the player of all of his gear, puts him in a prone position and the option to "Cuff" changes to "Uncuff", although the player is not cuffed and can move around freely. Any clue why? Although against AI it works well when paired up with the surrender module (as it should)

help??when i spawn a tank in the editor,the tank's main gun doesn't have ammo,only the 50 cal has ammo,what i must do?