Hey, installed ACE 1.13 via Armaholic, along with ACEX, ACEX_SM, ACEX_RU, and ACEX_USNavy, and I'm using it along with CBA and ASR AI. Everything works fine in game, apparently, but I have one issue; none of the vehicles have ammo in their main guns. M1A1s, T-72s, T-90s, M1A2s, APCs, if they have a main gun, it has no ammo. Sideweapons, like 12.7mm MGs, still work, but the main tank/APC guns all have 0 ammo. The AI just drives around aiming at enemies, never firing. Gunning a tank myself, it had no ammo.

Any fix for this?

sometimes pressing R magically reloads new ammo. Tried it with the konkurs missile in the BMP.

In b4 everyone ask for a changelog w/o checking the changelog.txt in their @ACE folder :

h2. 2013-10-14 22:09:11 +0200

Build 597

Updated to source:@b9c847eec279af0d6fbc473e4ea900676378e378

h3. Changed

* #ACE_NOHUD setting also removes squadleader icon and waypoint mark on HUD [rocko]

* Added basic support to transport captive players (being handcuffed, PVP TVT stuff) [rocko]

* Added experimental TI contrasts to account for heated up objects in TI View [rocko]

* Captive players (handcuffed) no longer can perform ACE Interaction menu operations nor access the ActionMenu [rocko]

* Civilian vehicles no longer have military equipment in their cargo [rocko]

* Converting mortar CSWDMs now spawns ready to fire rounds [VKing]

* Cypher and Amii are special [rocko]

* DAGR menu option allowing to switch between mils and degrees, Degrees set as default [by BlackHawk] [rocko]

* DAGR option to copy Vector laser target grid to waypoint edit page (allows for rapid saving of target positions) [by BlackHawk] [rocko]

* DAGR options for connecting to Vector and SOFLAM separated [by BlackHawk] [rocko]

* DAGR update speed now correctly displays in milliseconds in options menu (ms) [by BlackHawk] [rocko]

* Disabled "Search dogtag" option for civilians for now [rocko]

* Disabled autohover. VTOL capability can still be engaged or disengaged. [rocko]

* Dragging/Carrying wounded/incapitated player now has correct impact on stamina [rocko]

* Earplugs now do what their name suggests [rocko]

* Lines are skinnier now and better looking at all zoom levels. Change made courtesy of Beta. [Nou]

* Reduced recognize distance to prevent exploiting friend/foe recognizion [rocko]

* Resting weapon with bipod prevents viewport to be moved over axis limits of bipod [rocko]

* Weaponselect for vehicle weapons added (SHIFT ^ - Safe, SHIFT 1 - Cycle cannon/mg, SHIFT 2 - Cycle launchers, SHIFT 3 - Cycle Other) [rocko]

* Weather has impact on map visibilty at night (starbright night vs. cloudy night) [rocko]

h3. Fixed

* Disarm function was using wrong conditions [rocko]

* Enemy AI should now stay in disabled vehicles that still have working turrets [rocko]

* Handheld SU-36/P zoom corrected [rocko]

* It was possible to handcuff AI or players without handcuffs in your inventory [rocko]

* M113 smoke launchers [VKing]

* Maximum speeds for some vehicles were incorrect [rocko]

* Mortar sight units were using old code that improperly simulated the counters making it not work with laying alignment devices. [Nou]

* Some exploits with NV/TI range limits [rocko]

* Static weapons can no longer be slingloaded while players operate them [rocko]

* Unconscious players could be loaded into Ships but not unloaded [rocko]

h3. Added

* BCS can calculate missions for mortars [VKing]

* Tweaked BIS penetration values in bisurf files. Overrides ca\Data\Penetration. [Nou]

It's really heartwarming seeing ACE is still alive for ArmA2. Thanks !

Thanks for the Update, but what is this?

Cypher and Amii are special [rocko]

Could someone enlighten me what these three do?

Added experimental TI contrasts to account for heated up objects in TI View [rocko]

Resting weapon with bipod prevents viewport to be moved over axis limits of bipod [rocko]

Tweaked BIS penetration values in bisurf files. Overrides ca\Data\Penetration. [Nou]

I did some testing but can´t spot the difference.

Unable to get in slingloaded vehicles any more, any particular reason for this? You could do it just fine before. Also, if a Chinook can slingload a C-130, an Osprey or an Su-34 for example, why can it not slingload other helicopters? It's done in real life and it would provide quite cool evacuation scenarios for downed helicopters.

Nice to see it's still being worked on.

I haven't updated but I'm getting a Bad vehicle type error. I know I've done the exact same thing before and I got it to work this time aswell. But the second time I clicked preview I got an error. What's wrong with: this addBackpackCargo ["ACE_Backpack_US",2]; in the init line of a vehicle or a ammobox? AddWeaponCargo works fine...

Is there a way to get back the gps coordinates?

Been searching for a while - but found nothing helpful...

Please, nobody ever answers these questions. I would really like GPS back and have no idea how to get it back.

Is there a way to get back the gps coordinates?

Been searching for a while - but found nothing helpful...

I have same problem...:j:

And anybody know, how can i have back group markers on map? Like 1-1-A, 1-1-B, 1-1-C... In stable version there was a module that you can "turn off" them, but on last version i don't know how i can do it to turn on... :confused::confused::confused:

Edited by Djmitri

From Build 593's Readme:

* DAGR is no longer a GPS item (will get it's own GPS map, probably) [rocko]

* Possessing a GPS device does not automatically enable a map [rocko]

* Reworked Group Tracking: Previous group tracking modules are inactive and therefore obsolete [rocko]

* Reworked Group Tracking: Tracking markers are now only visible while in FBCB2 compliant vehicles (aka have a GPS) as gunner or commander [rocko]

* Reworked Group Tracking: Tracking markers no longer appear on the map of infantry units, instead markers are shown on GPS/DAGR map only (GPS functionality WIP) [rocko]

* Reworked Group Tracking: Units will show up only if the respective device is turned on (Automatically if carrying DAGR) [rocko]

Ah ok thanks, i didn't see all the readme.

So the Teamleader and the rest of the squad need to carry a DAGR? :cool:

I didn't paid much attention but I think so Dimitri.

Give it a try (this addWeapon "ACE_DAGR";).

Cheers

From Build 593's Readme:

* DAGR is no longer a GPS item (will get it's own GPS map, probably) [rocko]

* Possessing a GPS device does not automatically enable a map [rocko]

* Reworked Group Tracking: Previous group tracking modules are inactive and therefore obsolete [rocko]

* Reworked Group Tracking: Tracking markers are now only visible while in FBCB2 compliant vehicles (aka have a GPS) as gunner or commander [rocko]

* Reworked Group Tracking: Tracking markers no longer appear on the map of infantry units, instead markers are shown on GPS/DAGR map only (GPS functionality WIP) [rocko]

* Reworked Group Tracking: Units will show up only if the respective device is turned on (Automatically if carrying DAGR) [rocko]

So essentially they fucked it all up with no way to go back to the old method?

Is there rolled back version of ACE out there you could get with six? kinda like what Shacktac has.

I find knowing where your subordinates are without these markers is much more of a chore.

There's probably a smarter way to roll back (as getting older files from some sources) but what would I do if I would like to get rid of a change would to go on DevHeaven, find the file(s) that have changed and rebuild a version that fits my tastes.

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/repository

By the way, while using the #ACE_Ballistics.Desert_E mission, would anybody know what is the TolerX field for?

d0a00bf2a0d6005ba21e5c4b48413459.png

Hey, that's way too easy Sickboy, why not make it complicated when one can? :p

Thanks for the tip, I didn't knew that.

To rollback use Play withSIX 1.5 or later, and hit 'change version' at the @ace modfolder, but ideally things'll get fixed - moving forward instead of sideways or backwards ;P

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues/new

Well it doesn't seem broken, it looks to be an intentional direction. I wish there would be an option as to which you'd like to use.

I really like the current version of ACE. If anything the only thing I'd like back is the old GPS system, where you could view it on the map.

Which files would I replace to get that, while keeping everything else as it is?

Nvm, turns out slx_t72_destroyed.pbo was responsible for the irregular animation.

Edited by Pulstar

hey guys, I have the following issue, ACE seems to restrict Satelte-Map-textures on the ingame Map by default.

I have a mission on an early map version and the topographical Map is not finished yet, it's basicly plane white.

So I need the Satelitte-Map to navigate which is finished.

On the briefing screen right on the beginning of a mission I still can see the Sat.-Map but ingamge using the ingame map it only shows the topographical in this case plane white map.

Is there a way to allow Sat.-Map textures in ACE?

Help would be much much much appreciated :)

So I've been trying and trying to get the group markers back permanently, but even after replacing the tracking file with a file from 1.13, it still doesn't work, when I did that they wouldn't show up at all.

Is there something I'm missing? I like most of the features of the latest ACE, and I worry that rolling back would make a lot of our missions unplayable.