For me the interaction never works when running sthud, wether I placed 50 Modules or none. Holds for every mission I tried so far, MSO, Patrol Ops, Wizard TDM, custom SP missions or simply two groups placed in the editor.

We need a fix for this ASAP. StHud is one of the most critical addons ever released, I just don't want to stop using it now. Even though I disabled it I look at the bottom of my screen every ten seconds only to notice its not there anymore. Very annoying.

Lodged a ticket on Dev Heaven, hopefully this should get resolved soon.

Just a quick question that I have searched everywhere but can't seem to find an answer. What does the Stabilize option do when you are treating wounds. Sorry if this is already answered or in the wrong place, but like I said I can't seem to locate anywhere this has been answered.

Just a quick question that I have searched everywhere but can't seem to find an answer. What does the Stabilize option do when you are treating wounds. Sorry if this is already answered or in the wrong place, but like I said I can't seem to locate anywhere this has been answered.

Rocko's description from this ticket:

You can now stop casualties from going unconscious ONLY if the unconsciousness is induced by pain. If the casualty suffers from extreme blood loss the stabilizing will not be successful.

The stabilizing takes 2 minutes for regular class player and way less time for medic class players.

Successfully stabilizing a casualty will remove the need for epinephrine (in order to make him wake up from unconsciousness) and reduce the current pain level by 50% to prevent the casualty from going unconscious again.

In short: A casualty that is unconscious due to pain will gain back his consciousness. It takes relatively long, so do stabilize a casualty in a safe environment.

Ahh that makes sense. Thank you very much! I actually found that page when I was searching, I just didn't scroll down far enough it seems. Thanks again for the info.

How do we activate group markers now? I gave members of different groups a GPS and DAGR, but still couldnt get it. What am I missing?

Looking in the pbo, they added a "fnc_DAGR_OUTPUT_GPS.sqf" , and added "class Toggle_dagr_mode", "title="Toggle DAGR modes". Also changed in the config.bin, under "class cfgWeapons" ; "class ItemGPS" TO "class ItemCore".

Then there is this... https://dev-heaven.net/issues/70946 (lame didnt pay attention to it) may be the issue we lost even more usability.Would have voted NO for that! Maybe the "toggle" is a option?

And then this; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/44023

I would think a DAGR should represent modern usage of smartphone/GPS tracker target systems. Such as; http://www.rockwellcollins.com/sitecore/content/Data/Products/Navigation_and_Guidance/GPS_Devices/Micro_Defense_Advanced_GPS_Receiver-_MicroDAGR.aspx

Oh and then his "pure" DAGR idea; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/64506 Well with this; http://www.rockwellcollins.com/sitecore/content/Data/Products/Navigation_and_Guidance/GPS_Devices/Micro_GPS_Receiver_Application_Module.aspx

We have GPS markers, a map and what is used TODAY, not 2004.... So the current DAGR and the pre 594(581) version GPS was a great approximation to real life.

So I get the realism, but would want the extra GPS to still have name marker option still.

Guess we will have to add it in as a mod again.

Lots of arma2oa.rpt lines with "Error Undefined variable in expression: _..." just some of them:

Error Undefined variable in expression: _clear File x\ace\addons\sys_missileguidance\fnc_opt_limitloop.sqf, line 61 # Error Undefined variable in expression: ace_sys_magazines_debug File x\ace\addons\sys_magazines\fnc_checkongearclosed.sqf, line 5 # Error Undefined variable in expression: _q File RHS_Decals\Scripts\init.sqf, line 70 # Error Undefined variable in expression: rhsdecalsoff File RHS_Decals\Scripts\init.sqf, line 28 # Error Undefined variable in expression: _exhaustlight File x\ace\addons\sys_missileguidance\fnc_towsmoke.sqf, line 61 # Error Undefined variable in expression: _geometry File x\ace\addons\sys_grenadethrow\fnc_applyPosVelPFH.sqf, line 32 # Error Undefined variable in expression: _unitdirection File x\ace\addons\sys_disposal\fnc_throw.sqf, line 31 # Error Undefined variable in expression: _dir1 File x\ace\addons\sys_vehicledamage\fnc_shooter_direction.sqf, line 73 # Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit File x\ace\addons\sys_vehicledamage\fnc_tank_fireloop.sqf, line 8 # Warning: Script not executed, param 'timePeriod' value is to small(0.0000) Error Undefined variable in expression: _dofilter File ca\ui\scripts\handleGear.sqf, line 521 # Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit File x\ace\addons\sys_vehicledamage\fnc_tank_fireloop.sqf, line 8 # Error Undefined variable in expression: _unitdirection File x\ace\addons\sys_disposal\fnc_throw.sqf, line 31 # Error Undefined variable in expression: _magazines File x\ace\addons\sys_disposal\fnc_trackplayer.sqf, line 55 # Error Undefined variable in expression: _clear File x\ace\addons\sys_missileguidance\fnc_opt_limitloop.sqf, line 61 # Error Undefined variable in expression: _fusv1 File x\ace\addons\sys_planefx\fnc_avapour.sqf, line 33 # Error Undefined variable in expression: _x File x\ace\addons\sys_planefx\fnc_avapour.sqf, line 159 # Error Undefined variable in expression: _x File x\ace\addons\sys_planefx\fnc_avapour.sqf, line 160 #
damn variables need a little housekeeping m :P

Hello all.

In my group we ran into a small issue lately: We are a few friends who like to play together doing co-op missions. One of us is a avid helicopter sim fan, playing DCS black shark and such, thus of course he flies CAS for us. The issue we have is that he is our only helicopter player thus he usually he has to use a AI gunner when flying the AH-64 for example.

We use ACE and he quite likes the ACE Fire Control System that the attack helicopters uses as it gets him a bit closer to the system management that he loves in other more pure helli sims. The main issue is that we ALL hate that AI gunner he has to use :)

So, he is used to the one man machine that the Black Shark is from the game DCS: Black Shark 1-2, and thus him being able to play both the gunner seat and the pilot seat would be great! But well there within lies the problem: You just can not do that in ACE. We tried out the GDT Helicopter weapons mod and it works - but not with the ACE features. So my question is: Is there any way to enable the ACE Fire Control system for the pilot? The GDT Helicopter weapons mod works to get the optics but the laser designation does not work, which leads to him having to lob in cannon rounds at the enemy.....

Anyone around that have a solution for us? It seems that the GDT mod and ACE cancels out some features from each other.

Thanks.

Hi there i have been trying to make my units in the editor spawned cuffed using the ACE key Cuffs.

In my units init line i have

this setVariable ["ace_sys_interaction_cuffed",true]; 

This is working as far the ACE key cuff interaction goes however they are still standing and have not played the animation to be keycuffed, could someone tell me what i need to do to solve this?

Unfortunately, there is no way to use the FCS as a pilot with the Apache and Cobra. This is one of my big gripes with ACE. I had submitted a request a long time ago to have HF flight modes work when being a pilot and having an AI gunner. I believe it can't be done because the AI gunner doesn't point the laser correctly or something like that. The best "workaround" I've found to simulate having HF missiles react realistically is using the AGM-114Ls on both aircraft (not realistic obviously because cobras can't carry L model hellfires, only -64Ds can) which you can edit the armament via the init line in your unit. -114Ls are radar guided and don't require the gunner to paint the target with a laser to be accurate. They're fire and forget, meaning you can fire multiple missiles at one time and they will guide themselves in as opposed to searching for a laser spot to hit. But for proper working HF flight modes and such as an Apache pilot, you'll have to wait for Nodunits/Franzes AH-64s :-)...though they will not be ACE compatible AFAIK. Either way, they're WAAAAY better then the default -64s that are in game

Edited by islesfan186

Thanks for the info ISLESFAN186. Sad to hear.

A pity if it is not solvable as the thing my guys need is something like this:

- Using the GDT helicopter weapons mod as it is BUT allowing for the ACE fcs lacing in what ever optics that the GDT mod actually lets the player use. Or any type of laser designation to assist the cannon to fire without lobbing really. Otherwise the GDT mod works fine for flying and moving the cannon turret at the same time.

Or something like this:

- A script that switches the player from pilot seat to gunner seat (and back) when it does this the helicopter continues on the path it was going.

- A script that switches the player from pilot seat to gunner seat (and back) then sends a fly at height command to the now AI piloted helicopter with the fly at the height pos value that the helicopter currently has.... preferably also something that just has the AI pilot just stop to a hover at current height if not possible to tell the ai to lock height and continue in the current direction at the current speed.

Can anyone help out with such a script? That would let the player setup a flight path, hit a action to do the switch - do some shooting and switch back. That would be perfect as that is basically how runs are done eaven in something as realistic as DCS blackshark.

Could a script with a seat switch and a AI with disableAI move work??

There is something that allows you to switch from pilot to CPG, and it's in the SLX mod. Though it won't work with ACE because it gives you no option to turn on the laser when a CPG. Also, if you're the CPG, as soon as you squirt the laser, your AI pilot will chase down the laser spot. They will not hover and stay put, even if you give them a cease fire or hold position order or even have the waypoints to never shoot. I'm told its been that way since the OFP days and can't be changed.

Unfortunately the only way to get your desired effect is to play multiplayer, with one guy as the gunner and one as the pilot...

Edited by islesfan186

I have a question, and it's a bit of a silly one. As I'm just experimenting and tampering about, I wanted to know how can I globally disable the tank damage system in ACE. I've been playing with ACE and also using CWR2, and the issue is that none of the vehicles in CWR2 have ACE damage values, which often turns all of the tank battles into one shot, one explosion affairs. I want them to last a little longer, and I believe they easily do so with the vanilla damage values they're given, and as such I would like to know how to disable the ACE damage values for the tanks. Do I have to remove certain files from the ACE folder? I have no expertise and manually adding stuff to disable it, so I'm hoping just moving files out of the main folder disables it.

Sorry if what I'm asking is silly or annoying. I was just curious on what to do. For the vehicles that have values for the ACE damage system, it works great. For those that don't...well, the vehicles are metal cardboard boxes. :P

Edited by Foffy
My previous edits were tested by me, but I was unable to solve my present issue that is listed in my original post.

Quick question: The DH ticket according the broken player interaction when using stHud is marked as resolved. When will the fix be released?

I was testing out the mortars again today to see if there was any improvement but they are still really weak. I fired an 81mm mortar 3 times in the same spot and it landed no more than 5M away from the same group of infantry AI each time yet none of them died. I fired it directly upwards and it landed probably 20m away from me and a piece of shrapnel hit me but did next to no damage.

I think the kill radius of the mortars needs to be greatly increased (I can stand a few metres away from impact and hardly take any damage at all, A direct hit is just about the only thing that kills) and also lethality of shrapnel should be increased to an almost certain kill.

Don't see how you could actually achieve 20m with the 81mm, since the minimum range is like 100m. But either way, the mortars aren't broken per se, it's the shrapnel that's missing in the transition from default shrapnel to custom shrapnel, due to the latter not being included or something when the default shrapnel was removed.

There was definitely shrapnel there as I saw a few bits impact and one piece hit me but it did hardly any damage, the actual explosion of the blast needs improving too as it does nothing to you after a few metres.

I managed to get close to the blast by firing it as high as the elevation allowed and then running towards where it lands.

I'd like to address the issue of my previous post as solved, as I figured out what to do with it. However, I have another concern I'd like to ask about. I've noticed that when I play some content with ACE, the AI is actually able to engage beyond the view distance, and I don't mean my own. I mean if a mission has a predetermined distance of how far you can see, the AI can actually engage well beyond said viewing distance. This makes it where shots are literally coming from an invisible force. I can assume all this is due to the missions' view distance is locked to the player, and as a result the visual impairment is literally on the player and not the AI. What I wanted to ask was is there a means of making the AI engage at the assumed draw distance, or if not, to set them to their vanilla viewing distances? I prefer the beefire levels of AI engagement, but it seems for some types of content the AI can act further beyond the player. Being told to engage an enemy I can't even possibly see is a bit too much, especially when they can clearly see and engage me. ):

Hi, i'm trying to convert some zombie unit scripts over to ACE Wounds. I've set the zombies to use the ACE function ace_w_setunitdam. The unit will get damaged in single player/editor (ACE Wounds, bleeding, pain, passing out, etc...), but when i test the mission over multiplayer it fails. The zombie units just play the animation/sound, no ACE Wounds damage is received. I've ran short on ideas, do i need to broadcast the units damage somehow?

I've also tried syncing via public variable handling.

Quick question: The DH ticket according the broken player interaction when using stHud is marked as resolved. When will the fix be released?

I was wondering same thing. Hopefully soon.

Heh, sorry for continuing to peep in here guys. I have a few questions about some of the niggling issues I have with ACE. First, sometimes when I aim down my scope the cursor has a delay. I have no idea what causes it, and sometimes that delay varies. It could be a second, to twenty seconds, to even longer. It only happens with ACE and having the animated reticle option on. Does anyone have any idea what causes the lag at random? Is there a solution beyond disabling animated reticles in the clippi application?

Second, sometimes when I dismount from a vehicle, the animation loops again and I am left unable to move. Like the reticle issue, this happens at random, and for random periods of time. Unlike the reticle issue, I have no idea what causes this. Anyone have any idea?

Scriptlag, your CPU is under too much stress, the mission has too many stuff running or your HDD is slow.

I see. I don't know if it's my CPU (I have an i5 OC'd to 4.2GHz and this happens at random, regardless if a firefight even started) but I want to run with the HDD theory, so I decided to do so with HD Tune. I figure I would post that information and maybe get a good idea if it's the HDD.

The current drive

Max: 126.0 MB/s

Min: 51.7 MB/s

Avg: 94.0 MB/s

Access time: 17.6 ms

Burst rate is 217.0 MB/s

If my issue is indeed the HDD, are the speeds that the drive are on reflect this?

4,2 GHz should be enough to run Arma without problems but I really can´t say how good or how bad those HDD specs are. I know that I had this problem in mission with lots of scripts running , like in the forgotten few campaign. Since my i7 is running at 4,3GHz I figured that it had to be my HDDs fault (or simply an Arma engine limitation)

I hope this is the correct place to write this. We have been playing ACE on CiA coop nights for more than a year now and have experienced different levels of missions quality. What stood up among the rest of the missions was the fantastic "PMC Versus Campaign" by Fuiba. The campaign consists of thirty missions(!) and tells the story of a Belarusian mercenary firm that was hired to work for the Chedaki. The missions are very imaginative, highly immersive and fun to play, they make use very nicely of most of the ACE features and for us it served as a sort of introduction to ACE. The structure of the campaign is great, the missions are linked logically and the briefings provide a good reading for the players. The missions are great, some are unforgettable. I think some of the most thrilling moments I had in Arma 2 were while playing this campaign.

I really recommend for the ACE team to check this wonderful campaign and consider incorporating as an integrated ACE missions as part of the ACE version (in the same manner of Animal mother's missions). All the missions are for a single team of 5 operators, so a single player game is possible as well, with the player as the team leader.

We have completed 28 missions from the campaign, onwards to the last two! Thanks for ACE for this great mod and to Fuiba for this wonderful campaign.

Edited by Variable