Does someone knows how to activate ACE GPS markers ? placing the module on map seems to do nothing, neither does ace_sys_tracking_markers_enabled = true;

I need help to zeroing sniper with wind. 1st all table change and now I have paper one (?) anyway after watching lot of youtube vids I cant understand how deal with it. can help me please ?

New update: b593

Have fun :D

Issue with the ACE options menu in build 593:

th_aceopt_zps4e476926.png

(click to embiggen)

The group marker options are gone (assuming by intent, looking at the changelog), but the pull-down for "RWR position" seems to have been removed instead of the one for "Enable group markers".

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/72032

Edited by Harzach

Yep, changelog link is broken. The suspense! The suspense!

Yep, changelog link is broken. The suspense! The suspense!

From the changelog.txt:

h2. 2013-06-08 12:08:05 +0200

Build 593

Updated to source:@f5744849d4df72bb183b5d553e25ea82b5a75ef3

h3. Changed

* AH-1W should now have proper RW and functions [rocko]

* Added impact flash for sabot type warheads [rocko]

* Adjustable fuse (AKA timer) for satchel charges and C4 [rocko]

* Carrying boxes now adds a dynamic offset for boxes with roadway lod that may cause a player glitching into the sky [rocko]

* DAGR is no longer a GPS item (will get it's own GPS map, probably) [rocko]

* Disabling Grenadethrow2 Key Settings, not completed yet. refs #71889 [ViperMaul]

* Disabling Grenadethrow2 feature, not completed yet. refs #71889 [ViperMaul]

* Enemy units have to be searched prior to disarming (same for civilians) [rocko]

* Explosions with smaller force will no longer knockout players but tilt them [rocko]

* GPS minimap layout has more technical look (no longer mainmap like) [rocko]

* Increased durability of backpacks [rocko]

* M163 PIVADS has now tracking function [rocko]

* Minedetector sounds closer to the real ones [rocko]

* New option for handsignals. Handsignals can now be shortcutted via Numpad keys (default) [rocko]

* Possessing a GPS device does not automatically enable a map [rocko]

* Protector RCWS on M1A2 TUSK now matches all other Protector RCWS stations [rocko]

* Removed obsolete zeroing function for RPG7 PGO7 variant [rocko]

* Replaced titletext messages with less intrusive hint style messages [rocko]

* Reworked Group Tracking: Previous group tracking modules are inactive and therefore obsolete [rocko]

* Reworked Group Tracking: Tracking markers are now only visible while in FBCB2 compliant vehicles (aka have a GPS) as gunner or commander [rocko]

* Reworked Group Tracking: Tracking markers no longer appear on the map of infantry units, instead markers are shown on GPS/DAGR map only (GPS functionality WIP) [rocko]

* Reworked Group Tracking: Units will show up only if the respective device is turned on (Automatically if carrying DAGR) [rocko]

* Roundcount available for CSWs [rocko]

* SHIFT+4 Launcher support for quick weapon selection [rocko]

* Surrounding light sources have impact on map visibility [rocko]

* Vanila support vehicles now utilize ACE style (no magic rearm by driving by..) [rocko]

* Zeroing display does not show up while looking through scope [rocko]

h3. Fixed

* 82mm ILLUM shells script error [rocko]

* Backpacks could not be retrieved from tank type vehicles [rocko]

* CSW magazine was lost when aborting the loading process [rocko]

* Missing animations when switching to binocular while prone with launcher [rocko]

* New explosion effects now also for 82mm shells [rocko]

* Only allow nil or an array as parameter when calling ace_fnc_startSpectator, fixes #71939 [Xeno]

* SU-36/P Daysight not useable [rocko]

* Some CSWs sometimes could not be loaded after being initially deployed [rocko]

* Visual effects for multi-monitor systems [rocko]

h3. Added

* VG-40SZ flashbang grenade [rocko]

Uhm, I like the update, it's just the part about the whole ability to treat myself or someone else medically has completely disappeared from my ACE menus.

Uhm, I like the update, it's just the part about the whole ability to treat myself or someone else medically has completely disappeared from my ACE menus.

Works fine here.

Yeah that works fine for me too, just getting lots of lag from this ACE update.

* Removed obsolete zeroing function for RPG7 PGO7 variant [rocko]

Does this remove the zeroing from the backup iron sights as well?

Does this remove the zeroing from the backup iron sights as well?

Yes, it does.

In-game, the OG-7V is effective to 200M, which is a little better than the real-world stat of 170M.

But the real world OG-7V has an effective range of 350m

http://world.guns.ru/grenade/rus/rpg-7-e.html

It also has a kill radius of 150m

Rocko, what do you think?

Also, what is this?

Added impact flash for sabot type warheads [rocko]
Edited by Tonci87

I need help to zeroing sniper with wind. 1st all table change and now I have paper one (?) anyway after watching lot of youtube vids I cant understand how deal with it. can help me please ?

It's actually very easy, after you figure out what the range and windage is then just use the up,down and left and right arrows to change the MOA and windage on the scope. You will notice in the top left of the screen it will show the changes that you are making.

What I do is go prone, put out the bipod and Aim down the scope. I then make the adjustments I need, Since you have the black border around the scope you can see that changes in the top left of the screen easily. You do not have to do it while your scoped in but that is just the way I do it.

But the real world OG-7V has an effective range of 350m ... It also has a kill radius of 150m

Not much room for error! Anyway, the previous link you provided stated a direct fire range of 170m, so who knows.

Also, what is this?
Added impact flash for sabot type warheads [rocko]

It was often difficult to see the impact point of a sabot round (E.G. APFSDS, etc) because there wasn't an appropriate impact effect. Similar to when firing the M2 at a vehicle, you'd see the "flash" of the impacts.

What I do is go prone, put out the bipod and Aim down the scope. I then make the adjustments I need, Since you have the black border around the scope you can see that changes in the top left of the screen easily. You do not have to do it while your scoped in but that is just the way I do it.

You can no longer adjust windage and elevation while looking through the scope.

It also has a kill radius of 150m

That's an awful lot for a 40mm fragmentation round. I've found the sources that say 150m, but I humbly offer that a lethal radius of 150m is a bit hectic. A fragmentation radius of 150m, perhaps.

Wikipedia, bless its cotton socks, claims a 7m lethal radius against body armour, which seems a lot more reasonable.

Edited by CameronMcDonald

Yes, there is a fine difference between lethal radius and kill radius, anyhow I haven't been succesfull on making the AI use OG-7 against infantry, and the scripting route is too performance heavy since this can be made with the config itself. Are there plans to make OG-7 lock-eable to infantry by the AI?

It was often difficult to see the impact point of a sabot round (E.G. APFSDS, etc) because there wasn't an appropriate impact effect. Similar to when firing the M2 at a vehicle, you'd see the "flash" of the impacts.

And have you seen the new effect in game? I haven't had any luck with T-72 sabot.

And have you seen the new effect in game? I haven't had any luck with T-72 sabot.

Yes, with M1A1/2 and T-72B, as well as Bradley and BTR-90.

Yeah, 150 meters seems to be way to much for the OG-7V, I guess this is the fragmentation radius. Other sources state that it has a killradius of 150m² wich would be a circle with a radius of 6m. I think their lethal radius is quite fine as it is in ACE.

Sadly I can´t find any informations regarding their balistic profile, or how to aim them with PGO-7 sights IRL. I´m sure that there are russian sources that could give us this kind of information. Any russians here willing to do some research?

Those warheads are quite lightweight (2kg) and have stabilisator fins. Their official maximum range is around 950m, reports from Afghanistan claim that they even reach out to 1100m. That makes me think that they should perform similiar to the PG-7V and be aimed in the same way.

Edited by Tonci87

ПринÑÑ‚ на вооружение в 1988 году. Предназначен Ð´Ð»Ñ Ð¿Ð¾Ð´Ð°Ð²Ð»ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ð¾Ð¹ Ñилы, в том чиÑле имеющей индивидуальные ÑредÑтва защиты (бронежилет), раÑположенной на открытой меÑтноÑти, в укрытиÑÑ… полевого типа, зданиÑÑ… и Ð´Ð»Ñ Ð¿Ð¾Ñ€Ð°Ð¶ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ð½ÐµÐ±Ñ€Ð¾Ð½Ð¸Ñ€Ð¾Ð²Ð°Ð½Ð½Ð¾Ð¹ техники. Создаёт около 1000 оÑколков оптимальной маÑÑÑ‹, Ð¾Ð±Ñ‰Ð°Ñ Ð¿Ð»Ð¾Ñ‰Ð°Ð´ÑŒ Ð¿Ð¾Ñ€Ð°Ð¶ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ - 150 кв.м. Отличительной оÑобенноÑтью ÑвлÑетÑÑ Ð¾Ñ‚ÑутÑтвие реактивного двигателÑ. Ведущий конÑтруктор Ðœ.Ðœ. Коноваев.

Калибр: 40мм

ДальноÑÑ‚ÑŒ прÑмого выÑтрела: 170м

МакÑÐ¸Ð¼Ð°Ð»ÑŒÐ½Ð°Ñ Ð´Ð°Ð»ÑŒÐ½Ð¾ÑÑ‚ÑŒ: 700 м

Ð Ð°Ð´Ð¸ÑƒÑ Ð¿Ð¾Ñ€Ð°Ð¶ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ: 70м

Тип БЧ: оÑколочнаÑ

СкороÑÑ‚ÑŒ полета: Ð½Ð°Ñ‡Ð°Ð»ÑŒÐ½Ð°Ñ â€” 150 м/Ñ

ВеÑ: выÑтрела — 2кг, гранаты — 1,7кг

Длина: гранаты — 595мм

What I got from skimming:

The OG-7 lacks a rocket motor like the other warheads, relying on the first stage booster. This gives it a lower maximum velocity and 'range of direct fire' (aka, point-blank range or lowest zero point, I think) than the AT warheads. The max velocity is that same as the overweight PG-7VR and Thermobaric variant, while its point blank rank is only slightly higher. The maximum range is stated as 700m versus 500m for the PG-7V, but I think this is because of its use as an area weapon. Anyways, the low velocity and zeroing, combined with the lack of propulsion, suggest a shitty ballistic profile. You probably lob the thing around and the PGO sight probably lacks reticules for it (especially as the OG-7 is only 16 years old).

Explosion radius 70m.